Jon Feliciano's take on KC playoff game

PromoTheRobot

10 minutes ago, JayBaller10 said:

Some of the blame on this play also lies at the feet of Allen (no pun intended). Give TN credit, in their scouting report they were told “Allen always sneaks to the left,” so they lined two lineman on that side shoulder to shoulder, inches apart, and sure enough Josh still tried the sneak over there. Had he gone to his right, he likely would’ve walked in for the TD. 

If you’re that predictable in those situations, that’s on the OC and play callers.

He's just angry he's out of Buffalo and his career is pretty much done.  He was a shadow of himself last season after the injury bug took him out.  Maybe he didn't see the "attitude" Josh Allen played with, and seriously if he "missed" that, he is someone I wouldn't want to go to war with week in and week out.

Edited by Azucho98

58 minutes ago, JayBaller10 said:

Some of the blame on this play also lies at the feet of Allen (no pun intended). Give TN credit, in their scouting report they were told “Allen always sneaks to the left,” so they lined two lineman on that side shoulder to shoulder, inches apart, and sure enough Josh still tried the sneak over there. Had he gone to his right, he likely would’ve walked in for the TD. 

Yeah, he slipped…..but if Mongo held his block……it would’ve been a first down. Instead, he compounded the slip by getting walloped and landing on 17s back

Good for him!  He told it the way he sees it.  You don't have to agree with it; that's how this works.  

Would you prefer him to say nothing in a few sound bytes of idiotic athlete-speak?

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

17 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Taking some shots at the Bills.

I listened this whole interview… I can’t see how this wasn’t a shot at the team.  It sounded like he was pissed about not starting and said “well they got what they deserved for not playing me.”  I get that players are ultra competitive but being spiteful like that probably says something about his character.

I’ll say that I don’t think Jon was realistic about his abilities.  For the majority of his time in Buffalo he was average at best at guard.  Many times he just wasn’t very good. I don’t mind that the Bills traded Bates for Feliciano.  He seems to be the better, more athletic player at guard.

Also he glanced over last season in Buffalo.  The rumors were that he reported to camp 30 pounds lighter without telling the training staff which seemed to contribute to his slow start.   Then when he got benched, he had a pretty bad attitude.   He knew that he was a goner but from what I seemed to hear, there were issues with him and front office 

• Like (+1) 1

Feliciano was a waste of space and another bad move in hindsight when you consider it indirectly led to Wyatt Teller being traded because guys like Bobby Johnson thought he was a better player.

But he's not completely wrong about this defense. Some folks like myself have cited this scheme/coaching as a major issue for some time despite the misleading yards allowed numbers, especially last year.

Yes this defense has looked like world beaters against rookies and backup caliber competition through the years. But face a real NFL QB and/or physical style running team and they are consistently exposed and as soft as it gets (especially the resident whipping by Edmunds who plays as small as possible against said teams in big games).

I think Von Miller will certainly help on the pass rush front, but there's zero evidence that it's not going to be more of the same this year and the hot takes out there about this defense taking a big step back (in terms of overall rankings) this year aren't necessarily that bold when you consider the type of QB's we'll be seeing week in and week out.

Don't care to listen to the clip, but the Bills deserve any and all criticism. Fans act like the Super Bowl was somehow stolen from them last year. No, the team was inconsistent all year (Allen included), played a wildly entertaining game against KC, and blew it in inexplicable and historic fashion...as the Bills often find a way to do.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 2

I'd be careful to judge someone based a small isolated clip from an hour long interview.

I listened to about 25 minutes and 'the rest of the story' tells a very different tale than this clip.

I think his comments were meant to say the team came out flat against KC.

Other than Allen and Davis who showed up? Beasley, maybe Ed Oliver or Taron Johnson.

That was it. Diggs, Knox and Singletary disappeared and no one on D stepped up to make a play.

He is clearly hurt he was cut from a competing team where he became a starter, and feels like he could have contributed.

Feliciano does not hold back on any topic and tells it how he feels about things, which is honestly refreshing from a pro athlete.

Poor Conner Cook LOL

As for being 'washed up' he is penciled in as the starting C for the OL the Giants are retooling down there.

3 hours ago, Airseven said:

Don't care to listen to the clip, but the Bills deserve any and all criticism. Fans act like the Super Bowl was somehow stolen from them last year. No, the team was inconsistent all year (Allen included), played a wildly entertaining game against KC, and blew it in inexplicable and historic fashion...as the Bills often find a way to do.  

Yeah, I have high hopes for 2002, just as everyone else. However, the 2020 Bills were better than the 2021 Bills. I think the Pats Wild Card win helped raise expectations to a Super Bowl or bust mentality, when in actuality we were better the previous season. Here’s to 2022 being the season we put it all together. 

• Disagree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.