Jon Feliciano's take on KC playoff game

PromoTheRobot

Never a good call to talk badly in anyway about a previous employer.  I’ve had to deal with layoffs in the past as one company buys another, but doesn’t port the Salesforce type stuff.

You just avoid like the plague a company who made bad decisions.  Always take the high road.  There’s no upside to trashing someone who let you go.  Dabol saved him and he’ll look better on a bad team.  He’s an average Guard.  That’s all.  Not horrible but he’s no Saffold or even  Bates.

5 hours ago, Rigotz said:

"Everyone was just going through the motions ... there was no attitude out there."

giphy.gif

Don't let the door hit you on the way out, Mongo.

I assume he was talking about the OL when he was talking about bringing attitude.

Particularly the first two years of his stay, he really did appear to provide some attitude when he was on the field. The line appeared to play tougher when he was out there.

But he regressed in his level of play last year. Many think it's the weight he lost, and maybe they're right. But it was real and they couldn't put him out there.

Edited by Thurman#1
  • Agree 1

8 hours ago, transient said:

After watching half of the interview, from the start to well beyond the “clip”, personally I don’t think there’s any context to be taken. He’s not bitter in general about getting cut, but his assessment of the loss in KC is just plain delusional. 

The thing I did take away from this interview was basically a confirmation that Allen gets way more beat up than he lets on to the public. Not surprising, and not cool. 

His comments were odd to say the least.

To your second point, Josh Allen should not be a designated runner, period.

4 hours ago, Thurman#1 said:

I assume he was talking about the OL when he was talking about bringing attitude.

Particularly the first two years of his stay, he really did appear to provide some attitude when he was on the field. The line appeared to play tougher when he was out there.

But he regressed in his level of play last year. Many think it's the weight he lost, and maybe they're right. But it was real and they couldn't put him out there.

It was weird. He looked small but also fat. 

11 hours ago, EasternOHBillsFan said:

I want to know what the KC DEFENSE has to do with the loss... that part I just don't get. His statement makes absolutely no sense to me.

you mean mongo might not offer phd level insights?

• Haha (+1) 1

Even though Feliciano's play dropped off last year, overall he was a bargain player that played with lots of emotion.  Overall, he was a net plus.  With that said, this is just bitterness on his part for losing his starting job.

• Like (+1) 1

Feliciano was my guy. He is into video games, crypto, and has a healthy distrust of government. Plus, he literally carried our RBs forward. He seemed to represent Bills Mafia. Then he lost his spot and suddenly we had an OL that was so Bills Mafia it embodied the chicken wing itself. 

FJWq7xEXEAI8VWa.jpgFJWq6SeWQAAyrk9.jpg:large

His contract extension in 2021 gave him more guaranteed money in exchange for making him a FA this year instead of 2024. His sour grapes comes from the FO not convinced he was worth the money and telling him to prove it. He did not.  

6 hours ago, Thurman#1 said:

Attitude has its place.  Mongo was our "enforcer".  Remember Bosa corkscrewing Josh Allen into the ground on a tackle?  Josh was down after the play and Bosa immediately started babbling at our OL about how he wasn't trying to hurt the guy, he was just trying to tackle him, he's HUGE, what do you want me to do?

Bosa wasn't apologizing.  He wasn't concerned for Josh.  He was worried that Feliciano was gonna rip his balls off under the cover of a football pile.   Finally Mongo said "You're OK" and Bosa shut up, no longer fearing for his 'nads.

That was a helpful deterrent factor for Josh in 2019 as he was stiff-arming linebackers and running over defensive ends.  But when Von Miller calls a guy a "creature" and whatever it was Aaron Donald called him (a "beast"?), ordinary defenders take less ***** in the film room on Monday.

I agree with everyone who said that Feliciano's play really appeared to have fallen off.  In that interview, he blames Covid and says if he hadn't caught Covid he thought he'd still have been starting.   I'm not clear on that.  The OL blew wads at the start of the season, and the Bills were clearly trying to shift guys around and find a workable line.   Feliciano was inactive for game 4 and an OL of Dawkins-Boettger-Morse-Williams-Brown helped with 444 yds and 4 TDs.   Covid forced the switch, but I think Boettger would have been given a shot sooner or later in any event.

12 hours ago, BillsFan4 said:

Yeah I’m confused too. He seems to be saying that the Bills offense was just going through the motions and if they had more toughness “it would have been a close game”.

um. huh? It was a close game. It went to overtime. Isn’t that pretty much the definition of a close game?

He said it "wouldn't" have been so close were he playing.  Mongo would have made sure we never punted somehow?

• Thank you (+1) 1

58 minutes ago, Jauronimo said:

He said it "wouldn't" have been so close were he playing.  Mongo would have made sure we never punted somehow?

Ah, ok. That makes more sense. I still disagree. But I couldn’t even figure out wtf he was talking about before. I was like “is he thinking of the 2020 afc championship or something?” 😂

12 hours ago, NewEra said:

He’s the reason we didn’t win the SB.  Watch the 4th and 1 vs Tennessee….. if he blocks his man instead of getting manhandled and thrown in his back and on top of Josh, we probably get the 1st, win the game and clinch home field advantage. Dawkins got obliterated too…..but Mongo getting clobbered coupled with josh slipping and hope was lost regardless of dion.

you suck Jon.  ☮️ 

He’s doing his own thing now.  Covers a lot of stuff.  He’s a die hard Bills fan

Some of the blame on this play also lies at the feet of Allen (no pun intended). Give TN credit, in their scouting report they were told “Allen always sneaks to the left,” so they lined two lineman on that side shoulder to shoulder, inches apart, and sure enough Josh still tried the sneak over there. Had he gone to his right, he likely would’ve walked in for the TD. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.