Jon Feliciano's take on KC playoff game

PromoTheRobot

There was "no attitude". Then he says, "like I bring". Wtf?? No one has more attitude than Josh Allen. Maybe he was talking about the defense, or coaches.

The dude wore his heart on his sleeve and bled blue and red. Now that he's gone......he's one bitter person. He knows the Bills are getting a ring without him. He no likey!!! Don't worry Jon, Dabol with fix everything. 

After watching half of the interview, from the start to well beyond the “clip”, personally I don’t think there’s any context to be taken. He’s not bitter in general about getting cut, but his assessment of the loss in KC is just plain delusional. 

The thing I did take away from this interview was basically a confirmation that Allen gets way more beat up than he lets on to the public. Not surprising, and not cool. 

2 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

He sounds like he has the IQ of a shoe.

I thought he lived up to the nickname Mongo when I watched just the clip, but he acquitted himself better over the half+ of the interview I watched than he did in that short segment IMO. Outside of the clip, he struck me at times as trying to be honest while still trying to be somewhat measured in his responses. 

In fairness, had the O shown up earlier in the game, they should have had a lead and put the nail in the coffin, not have to make a miracle comeback at the last second.  The comeback was epic, but it does make you wonder why it took so long to get to that level of play.   The D still crapped the bed, they lost the game.  Could the O have put the game out of reach by getting after it earlier?

In fairness to Feliciano (I watched the entire hour long interview), he was also very complementary and appreciative if Buffalo.

I agree that one take of his came across pretty bad, but it doesnt seem as nasty when you listen to the whole sit down.

• Like (+1) 1

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again-I don’t want “nasty” I want good to great. People called him nasty here for a couple of years because no one could say he was good. He was better (at times) than what was in Buffalo, but he was never good. 

You know who isn’t considered “nasty?” Quentin Nelson, Zach Martin, past players like Joe Thomas, even Jason Peters…those guys never had that “nasty” label, they got that “all pro” label. 

saying Feliciano had an attitude is a disservice to the other guys who also play on the line. They all go to bat for their teammates, they all get dirty, but he was the one who got the most acclaim for it. The fact is the team got better with him on the bench-I liked him when he was here, glad they upgraded, won’t miss him now that he’s gone 

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, MasterStrategist said:

I always loved the attitude Mongo brought...he isn't wrong that we need some more "juice"/edge at times.  Defensively especially, that's why I really like some of the guys we brought in as FAs.

But, Mongo wasn't the reason we lost.  Sorry Feliciano.  Does you no good to come off as bitter, you lost your starting spot due to injury and honestly struggled prior to then.  

Also think this "clip" is pointless, need to watch the full interview for context: 

He’s the reason we didn’t win the SB.  Watch the 4th and 1 vs Tennessee….. if he blocks his man instead of getting manhandled and thrown in his back and on top of Josh, we probably get the 1st, win the game and clinch home field advantage. Dawkins got obliterated too…..but Mongo getting clobbered coupled with josh slipping and hope was lost regardless of dion.

you suck Jon.  ☮️ 

2 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Ariel Helwani covers the MMA.  I guess it's real slow for him right now talking to a back up level NFL guard.

He’s doing his own thing now.  Covers a lot of stuff.  He’s a die hard Bills fan

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, Rigotz said:

"Everyone was just going through the motions ... there was no attitude out there."

giphy.gif

Don't let the door hit you on the way out, Mongo.

This is exactly what I was thinking about as I heard that fat tub of goo talk about no attitude. Allen was an absolute monster that game. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, WMDman said:

Where was all that attitude in the AFC championship game when Chris Jones was destroying him every play?

I get that he’s salty the bills cut him but he’s delusional if he thinks the offense was the problem that game

This.

Describing that game as "guys just going through the motions" is delusional.  We scored 5 TDs!  4 out of 4 on 1st down conversions.

Feliciano's "attitude" in the 2020 AFCCG was a very bad look - too little, too late.  Save your salt for the field, Mongo

2 hours ago, Rigotz said:

"Everyone was just going through the motions ... there was no attitude out there."

giphy.gif

Don't let the door hit you on the way out, Mongo.

I was thinking of the same thing.  You’re telling me Allen wasn’t trying to fire up this team?

Bottom line is we lost.  We played one of the most exciting playoff games in the history of the NFL, whoever decided not to do the squib kick screwed up and Wallace was beat.  It’s over, moving on.  The good news is we played fantastic enough that we are ranked #1 now by most sources.

We improved in almost every area in the off season. Between Settle, Jackson, Elam, Von, Howard and Cook, this is going to be one helluva team.

57 minutes ago, The Firebaugh Kid said:

Wahhhhhhh I get manhandled on the regular but my attitude would've helped. Mmmmmkay buddy. 

Man now I’m going to watch South Park 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.