Micah Hyde-Pat McAfee show interview

Warcodered

11 minutes ago, Rc2catch said:

I seen some highlights on the tweeter.. ــMcAfee does a really good job interviewing these guys. Loved the comment about the OT rules and owning it’s the defenses fault not the rules. 

Well I don’t expect Hyde to come out and put the blame where it belongs…on McD. 

• Disagree 1
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Dislike 5

Some bad things in interview highlighted by "nothing to do in Buffalo (or Green Bay)".

Maybe some of these players need to invest in some of their millions and put some activities they want in area? 

25 minutes ago, whorlnut said:

Well I don’t expect Hyde to come out and put the blame where it belongs…on McD. 

Well I guess you are Buffalo Insider.  Or should be writing for PFF.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 1

5 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

Some bad things in interview highlighted by "nothing to do in Buffalo (or Green Bay)".

Maybe some of these players need to invest in some of their millions and put some activities they want in area? 

Well I guess you are Buffalo Insider.  Or should be writing for PFF.

When you're as loaded as these guys are, he's right. It's not exactly a multi millionaire play ground.

People always try too hard when this comes up, its usually something like "Buffalo Chophouse isn't exactly an Applebees" lol

We're pretty on par with Cleveland. Is anyone packing up and taking a one way trip to Cleveland tmrw if their powerball #s hit?

• Like (+1) 1

51 minutes ago, BillsShredder83 said:

When you're as loaded as these guys are, he's right. It's not exactly a multi millionaire play ground.

People always try too hard when this comes up, its usually something like "Buffalo Chophouse isn't exactly an Applebees" lol

We're pretty on par with Cleveland. Is anyone packing up and taking a one way trip to Cleveland tmrw if their powerball #s hit?

No, but there’s a huge difference between “nothing to do” and preferring to live elsewhere. 

2 hours ago, Limeaid said:

56 minutes ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

What exactly do these guys want to do that they can't do in Buffalo?

Overall Western New York is a great place to live, grow up, raise a family, etc. But Micah specifically mentioned that there isn't a lot to do during the season. Maybe that's because for 3-1/2 of the 5-1/2 month season it is damn cold and often snowy in Buffalo. A lot of these guys came from or currently live in Florida, California, or the south or southwest where you can go to the beach or do outdoor activities most of the year. If you aren't into winter sports/activities like skiing or whatever (which I'm sure the team frowns upon the players doing anyhow), the winter months can be long. Even for those of us who grew up there or live there, winter can be long. And let's not even pretend that the nightlife in Buffalo (bars/nightclubs/theatre, etc.) can live up to a Miami, New York, etc.

I never take offense when a player says something like this. It doesn't mean they don't like Buffalo or western New York, it's just they'd rather live in a warmer climate with more night life. They are young with a lot of money. I can't blame them. Hell, look how many western New Yorkers eventually move down to Florida to escape the winters?

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

6 hours ago, folz said:

Overall Western New York is a great place to live, grow up, raise a family, etc. But Micah specifically mentioned that there isn't a lot to do during the season. Maybe that's because for 3-1/2 of the 5-1/2 month season it is damn cold and often snowy in Buffalo. A lot of these guys came from or currently live in Florida, California, or the south or southwest where you can go to the beach or do outdoor activities most of the year. If you aren't into winter sports/activities like skiing or whatever (which I'm sure the team frowns upon the players doing anyhow), the winter months can be long. Even for those of us who grew up there or live there, winter can be long. And let's not even pretend that the nightlife in Buffalo (bars/nightclubs/theatre, etc.) can live up to a Miami, New York, etc.

I never take offense when a player says something like this. It doesn't mean they don't like Buffalo or western New York, it's just they'd rather live in a warmer climate with more night life. They are young with a lot of money. I can't blame them. Hell, look how many western New Yorkers eventually move down to Florida to escape the winters?

You do a much better job of sugar coating this than I do. Yes, great place to grow up . But WNY weather sucks 9.5 months/yr. End of story.

• Disagree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.