Biggest Weakness?

Awwufelloff

22 minutes ago, Ethan in Portland said:

Post-draft I would say the biggest weakness is the O-line.  There is plenty of optimism but also a fair amount of question marks on the OL.  I think the run blocking will be ok but I'm still worried about the pass blocking with the group we have.

Dorsey is an unknown but I am not too worried.  I hope we get rid of Gilliam and play more two TE sets with Dorsey calling the plays.  

Settle, Jones, and Lawson

Yes they added some beef, I hope it's enough.

Comes down to the HC who, both on and off-field, leads the organization.  2022 will be a confirmation or rejection of his vision for a championship football team.  

As in, is the emphasis this off-season and previously on defense going to provide the margin to win against better AFC offenses in KC and CIN both regular and hopefully post-season?

Is the likely emphasis on running the ball and taking it out of Josh's hands a net gain or loss for the offense?  Are his choices for offensive assistants up to the task?

Can he flex up his defense to confuse opponents, or run the same coverage schemes he has for a few years now?

• Agree 1

5 minutes ago, DallasBillsFan1 said:

Biggest weakness could be McD and Frazier ... based on that ***** D play call at 13 seconds.  Critical game time decisons are ... well ... critical.  Do we have the right guy in charge to make the right decison?

Prevent defense should be abolished. It only prevents you from winning. 

1 hour ago, Joe in Winslow said:

I think Allen made Daboll, not the inverse.

Absolutely agree and pretty obvious imo. Can't see anyone arguing with that for the most part. Had some good plays here and there from Daboll, but I would guess many of those plays don't succeed without Allen.

That being said.....I will go with run stopping as biggest weakness, or at least it was. Although I do believe that will improve this upcoming season with the addition of new meats on the DL. Least I hope anyways

Edited by Sheneneh Jenkins

1 minute ago, Sheneneh Jenkins said:

Absolutely agree and pretty obvious imo. Can't see anyone arguing with that for the most part. Had some good plays here and there from Daboll, but I would guess many of those plays don't succeed without Allen.

We will have our answer this year. Something tell me Jones won't be able to make those same plays for Daboll that Allen did.

1 hour ago, Awwufelloff said:

Do you think having a new offensive coach even if he was already with the team will have a big impact on this season? I know most here had issues with Daboll but I thought he was pretty good. 

Dont forget the return of Kromer and the promotion of a special teams assistant 

• Like (+1) 1

In all seriousness, there are two that are in a dead heat. The OL until proven otherwise and the Secondary. I hope Saffold is over the injuries and has a great year for us. Dawkins seemed to have a rough go last year as well after his bout with Covid. I liked what I saw from Bates in limited action, but I hope he builds off of that. Hopefully Kromer has these guys whipped into shape and playing some good football this year. I know there are varying opinions of Levi Wallace, but I was never a big fan. He was decent, but was usually the guy that gave up the big plays or key first downs in his time here. He was the one who got roasted on the slant by Hill for the 65 yard TD. All you saw was Levi diving face first while swiping at his feet and being left in the dust. To me, that summed up his time here. If Tre is not pre-injury Tre then we could be in some trouble. Elam is a rookie, Jackson was decent but not great, and after them two it's a bunch of J.A.G.'s on the outside. 

• Agree 1

Just now, Greg S said:

We will have our answer this year. Something tell me Jones won't be able to make those same plays for Daboll that Allen did.

Lol, well not exactly going out on a limb here. But I know what you mean, for sure he will have to adjust because there's only 1 QB that can make similar plays like Allen and that's P.M

Do you think having a new offensive coach even if he was already with the team will have a big impact on this season? I know most here had issues with Daboll but I thought he was pretty good. 

Dont forget the return of Kromer and the promotion of a special teams assistant.

Player-wise if possible, I would add a starting guard because of Saffold's age and Bates's lack of experience. And is Mancz a better backup center than Bates?

I was good with Daboll leaving when in the wind game he called 1 designed qb run with the one of best running qb in football. On top of that, they left Mckenzie out that game and drew up zero motion or jet sweeps. That was an asinine game plan. 

Offensive line.

They’re banking on Kromer improving the unit overall, Brown improving as a pass blocker, Bates being as good at RG as he was at LG, and everyone staying healthy. If any of those things — or more than one of those things — don’t happen, the offense is in trouble.

What can they do about it at this point in the offseason? Sign a couple viable guards for depth. I’d love it if they brought back Daryl Williams and brought in Ereck Flowers.

• Agree 4

1 minute ago, Logic said:

Offensive line.

They’re banking on Kromer improving the unit overall, Brown improving as a pass blocker, Bates being as good at RG as he was at LG, and everyone staying healthy. If any of those things — or more than one of those things — don’t happen, the offense is in trouble.

What can they do about it at this point in the offseason? Sign a couple viable guards for depth. I’d love it if they brought back Daryl Williams and brought in Ereck Flowers.

Even if the Bills win the Super Bowl this season I would think Beane will make OL a priority at next year's draft. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Logic said:

Offensive line.

I agree with all of this except Ereck Flowers 🤢

Just now, Logic said:

Offensive line.

I didn't choose OL as the "biggest weakness" due to the improvement we saw last 5-6 games. Also, speaking for myself, I do have confidence in Kromer's abilities, but I'm not exactly "banking" on it. I do think at the very least the OL will continue from where they left off those last games. 

Anyway, for that reason I went with stopping the run as "biggest weakness"...at least for now until we see otherwise how newly added players on DL perform

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.