Jimbo vs Saban

YoloinOhio

On 6/8/2022 at 9:20 PM, YoloinOhio said:

This is great. 🤣

My QB at Ohio state driving around cbus in a 150k Bentley that he got from a deal with a local dealership. Times sure have changed. he and one our WR also have a cool million in some NIL deal with Express where they model the clothes. Whatever - it’s a whole new world. 

Yeah, Ryan Day said it would take 13 million to keep the OSU roster together for another year.

Times have changed, I don't like the way its being done, but they needed to pay the players so progress is progress.

• 1 month later...
4 minutes ago, Willyville Guy said:

Three 5-star commitments for Bama this week, including a painful one for the Buckeyes.  

Jordan Battle 2.0? I’d be more concerned if we didn’t have sonny styles. Would have been quite a coup to get the #1 and #2 safety in that class. 

I think some recruits need a year of seeing this new D before they buy in too

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

I think some recruits need a year of seeing this new D before they buy in too

Yeah, no matter how many good indicators we see about the changes on defense, they need to show it on the field in order to take another step on the recruiting trail. 

2 minutes ago, Willyville Guy said:

Yeah, no matter how many good indicators we see about the changes on defense, they need to show it on the field in order to take another step on the recruiting trail. 

I also think coaches like Jim Knowles and perry Elliano aren’t used to recruiting against the likes of Bama and UGA and didn’t have the relationships built up with the 5 star guys when they came over. They will get there but  Knowles didn’t have anyone over a 3 star at Ok state and still had an elite D. It will be a Process but we really just need an average D this year. 

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.