Pennsylvania Governor's Race: GOP Candidate Doug Mastriano Is A Direct Threat To The Republic

And democracy, but those who say "we are not a democracy" would object. But this "stop the steal guy" would, as he said, "Decertify voting machines in certain areas." 

If he wins and steals the election there is no law to respect. 

As a Pennsylvania state senator and gubernatorial candidate, Doug Mastriano railed against the rampant fraud that he believes was responsible for Donald Trump’s 2020 defeat.

He vowed to decertify voting machines in counties where he suspects the result was rigged.

And he asserted that the Republican-controlled legislature should have the right to take control of the all-important choice over which presidential electors to send to Washington.

As governor, Mastriano would have the opportunity not just to speak, but to act. The Trump-endorsed 58-year-old, who won the Republican nomination for governor on Tuesday, would gain significant influence over the administration of the battleground state’s elections should he prevail in November, worrying experts already fearful of a democratic breakdown around the 2024 presidential contest.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2022/05/18/doug-mastrianos-pa-victory-could-give-2020-denier-oversight-2024/

Pennsylvania  Senate GOP Primary

Ex-President Donald Trump is injecting his democracy-damaging fraud claims into a new election cycle, urging his friend Mehmet Oz to simply declare he won a too-close-to-call race for the Republican Senate nomination in Pennsylvania -- a key state in Trump's desperate bid to steal the 2020 election.

"Dr. Oz should declare victory. It makes it much harder for them to cheat with the ballots that they just happened to find," 

But Trump's pressure on Oz, who late Wednesday had a lead of less than 1,300 votes among 1.3 million cast

https://www.cnn.com/2022/05/19/politics/trump-pennsylvania-election-fraud-lies/index.html

Last update 11:43 AM ET

GOP
MEHMET OZ
31.2%

GOP
DAVE MCCORMICK
31.1%

Estimated remaining 20,629 votes     https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/2022-primary-elections/pennsylvania-senate-results

1 hour ago, ALF said:

Pennsylvania  Senate GOP Primary

Ex-President Donald Trump is injecting his democracy-damaging fraud claims into a new election cycle, urging his friend Mehmet Oz to simply declare he won a too-close-to-call race for the Republican Senate nomination in Pennsylvania -- a key state in Trump's desperate bid to steal the 2020 election.

"Dr. Oz should declare victory. It makes it much harder for them to cheat with the ballots that they just happened to find," 

But Trump's pressure on Oz, who late Wednesday had a lead of less than 1,300 votes among 1.3 million cast

https://www.cnn.com/2022/05/19/politics/trump-pennsylvania-election-fraud-lies/index.html

Last update 11:43 AM ET

GOP
MEHMET OZ
31.2%

GOP
DAVE MCCORMICK
31.1%

Estimated remaining 20,629 votes     https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/2022-primary-elections/pennsylvania-senate-results

Fwiw , Trump is correct. What is damaging to Democracy is the use of shady, unverifiable , unrequested paper ballots. 

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, Tiberius said:

And democracy, but those who say "we are not a democracy" would object. But this "stop the steal guy" would, as he said, "Decertify voting machines in certain areas." 

If he wins and steals the election there is no law to respect. 

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2022/05/18/doug-mastrianos-pa-victory-could-give-2020-denier-oversight-2024/

Just sent his campaign $$$$$

19 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

Fwiw , Trump is correct. What is damaging to Democracy is the use of shady, unverifiable , unrequested paper ballots. 

Trump is a fascist 

1 minute ago, Big Blitz said:

Just sent his campaign $$$$$

So you support our republic's overthrow. 

I wish I could recall the article, but I read that this guy was bolstered by the Democrats because they believe he would be easier to defeat in the election because he was on the capital ground on 1/6.  Guess we will see if they gambled correctly.

Democrats are some slimy pieces of trash to manipulate in this way, then act like it's going to ruin the republic.

1 minute ago, Tiberius said:

Trump is a fascist 

So you support our republic's overthrow. 

Give me evidence of Trump being a fascist.

• Thank you (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

He’s literally trying to steal the next election. You people are ok with that 

So you object to trying to apply pressure on Congress in hopes of a last minute attempt to invalidate what they felt was a very rigged election?

11 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

So you object to trying to apply pressure on Congress in hopes of a last minute attempt to invalidate what they felt was a very rigged election?

He lost and tried to Putin his way to a win 

2 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

He lost and tried to Putin his way to a win 

That wasn't my question.  

Aside from the 50 wackos that were allowed to walk in to the Capitol.......why were 99% of those protesters there?

3 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

That wasn't my question.  

Aside from the 50 wackos that were allowed to walk in to the Capitol.......why were 99% of those protesters there?

To try and steal the election 

He added that he planned to decertify voting machines in several Pennsylvania counties, a power given under state law to the secretary of state. “It’s going to be a top issue for me,” he said.

I'm sure there is a perfectly sound reason to pull the plug on certain voting machine. Ya. 

38 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

To try and steal the election 

He added that he planned to decertify voting machines in several Pennsylvania counties, a power given under state law to the secretary of state. “It’s going to be a top issue for me,” he said.

No mention here about these efforts and maneuvers as a threat to the Republic.  

The media cheered these efforts on for 2 months and gave it all cover Russia Russia Russia!:  

"One by one, the Democratic lawmakers stepped to the microphone on Friday, holding on to their letters and an impossible dream: denying the presidency to Donald J. Trump, two weeks before his inauguration.

And one by one, Vice President Joseph R. Biden Jr. — presiding over a joint session of Congress to validate the Electoral College results in Mr. Trump’s victory — turned back their challenges with a stoic message, pounding his gavel without hesitation.

“It is over,” Mr. Biden said at one point, as Republicans rose to their feet to cheer.

After weeks of fitful grumblings about the long-shot maneuvers that might obstruct Mr. Trump’s path to the White House, the proceedings on Friday appeared to close the book.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/01/06/us/politics/democrats-attempts-to-deny-trump-are-rejected-in-joint-session.html

The protesters on January 6th - not all many just saw it as a Trump rally - but im sure many were hopeful (they must have watched Ds in 2016) that it wouldn't be certified.  Not sure how that's the downfall of the Republic all those Congressman have to answer to the voters - the voters have the final check. 

32 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

I'm sure there is a perfectly sound reason to pull the plug on certain voting machine. Ya. 

The Ozarks said they could be a problem.  

2 hours ago, Demongyz said:

I wish I could recall the article, but I read that this guy was bolstered by the Democrats because they believe he would be easier to defeat in the election because he was on the capital ground on 1/6.  Guess we will see if they gambled correctly.

Democrats are some slimy pieces of trash to manipulate in this way, then act like it's going to ruin the republic.

Give me evidence of Trump being a fascist.

Look, it's vote counting. Just have everyone put a bullet in the pail painted red or blue. You cannot trust Chinese chip makers to be honest in voting machines.

Then import people from Switzerland to count bullets. Seems easy to me. You get an honest count and nobody from Switzerland wants to remain in US so no border issues.

2 hours ago, Niagara Bill said:

Look, it's vote counting. Just have everyone put a bullet in the pail painted red or blue. You cannot trust Chinese chip makers to be honest in voting machines.

Then import people from Switzerland to count bullets. Seems easy to me. You get an honest count and nobody from Switzerland wants to remain in US so no border issues.

the good chips are made in Taiwan which is why China is going to invade.

Dems voting in Republican primaries is what is wrong with their party.

• Vomit 1