Would ya?

\GoBillsInDallas/

20 minutes ago, frostbitmic said:

I'm kind of surprised they arrested her instead of just taking her home.

Anyway to answer the question ... Yes I would

It’s amazing how times have changed. I remember as a kid someone running over a mailbox and going up in a neighbor’s yard, and the cops just followed them home for a block or so. Not happening these days! The blowback now if it came to light they let her off would get them ALL fired. Different times, indeed. 

When I was 18 or 19 I remember watching from a parking lot as a car got pulled over out in front of the bar we were at. We all knew that it was one of the towns police officers. We knew where he lived and what he drove and it was definitely him. We could tell he was wasted and they just made a call, someone came and drove his car away and we assumed they just took him home. He was back on the job the next day and for a long time to come.

5 hours ago, frostbitmic said:

Different department pulled her over, maybe they don't like each other. 

• Like (+1) 1

14 hours ago, frostbitmic said:

That doesn't happen anymore. Back in the 80's and 90's they would have but not now.

6 hours ago, TBBills said:

That doesn't happen anymore. Back in the 80's and 90's they would have but not now.

Even better in 1960's... Didn't even have to be a stinking cop, just know one. LoL...

My father was clipping parked cars in Sloan in 1970.  Had an APB out for him.  Ran into a friend at a bar... Told him: "You better go home, they are looking for you in Sloan." 😬😬😔

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

Even better in 1960's... Didn't even have to be a stinking cop, just know one. LoL...

My father was clipping parked cars in Sloan in 1970.  Had an APB out for him.  Ran into a friend at a bar... Told him: "You better go home, they are looking for you in Sloan." 😬😬😔

my dad (who was a teen in the 50s) has a story when he and his friend were pulled over plastered.  if i remember correctly, the cop made them leave the car and took them home.  even helped get my dad's friend into the house.  

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.