Bills(every Bills player and coach)/Bandits/Sabres arrive by the busload to help feed the community

Big Turk

40 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

Our society is simply used to everything being easy and convenient and when something is a little bit inconvenient it's treated as some major thing when really it's just an inconvenience.

And there it is! I just had to tease it out. Sigh. They should be trying harder and complaining less, right? This is quite tone deaf to poverty struggles. Somehow, we always land on bootstraps instead of understanding.

• Eyeroll 1

20 hours ago, purple haze said:

My Mother grew up in Cold Springs and says similar about what it was.

Outside of Doris Records, I don’t recall any of that when I was coming up.  Leader Drugs on the corner of East Ferry and Jefferson, the Jeff-Ferry Deli, Scottie’s and Tony’s Red Hots.  And the Churche’s chicken that was around for a minute.   Supermarket shopping would be at the Central Park Plaza Belles or Tops.

Oh boy the memories!! Jeff-Ferry Deli (Tommy Burdine) would have pictures taped around the pop/soda cooler of all the beautiful women from the neighborhood. Scottie's had the BEST steak sandwiches in the country bar none. Henry's hamburgers was next door (owned by a Bills player). And who can forget Tony and his red hots!! There also was a nightclub there where groups like the O'Jays and Aretha Franklin got their careers going. The Annual Juneteenth celebration originated on Jefferson Avenue and would be AWESOME if it were to go back this year. 

Edited by Solomon Grundy
  • Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, Westside Madness said:

And there it is! I just had to tease it out. Sigh. They should be trying harder and complaining less, right? This is quite tone deaf to poverty struggles. Somehow, we always land on bootstraps instead of understanding.

As someone who grew up in one of those neighborhoods I have a perspective that most don't. Life is a series of choices. If people want to pretend that isn't the case then I'm probably not the guy to make that argument to.

I could have easily ended up in that situation. I chose not to.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

Amazing display of the deep connection between this team and city. It shows a franchise that has its priorities in order. It shows the power of sports, as this was the first uplifting moment I really saw following this tragedy. There’s nothing that needs to be said other than giving this team credit, and keeping the community in our thoughts. 

Edited by SirAndrew
  • Like (+1) 1

I really wish everyone would not turn any of this stuff into a debate over travel to a grocery store or anything else.  Just mourn and pray those loved ones lost and the pain their loved ones will grieve for a long time.

if you’ve ever lost an immediate family member, you’d know that pain.  My mom didn’t die of a shooting, but she died suddenly on my 40th birthday.  My birthday has never been the same years later, but I’m good now and can think and speak fondly of her with funny stories, etc.

Just stop with petty arguments please.  These poor children, parents, siblings, spouses lives changed forever.  Reverence is needed.

I will not respond to any reply.  I’ve said my piece and say my prayers for these poor families. I don’t pray for the lives lost as I remember my moms funeral vividly.  She’s in heaven!  We pray for those grieving over her loss.  These people are with god now, whatever god you believe In as not a political comment.  It’s the family that will be in pain for years, until they can move forward.  Unfortunately it doesn’t happen quickly especially for a senseless, and ridiculous little monster that has no and I mean no legitimate excuses for his barbaric actions!

For the 99% of you showing respect, thank you.  You just showed you’re humanity. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 3

3 hours ago, The Wiz said:

If not already posted and those in the area that need it.

Lyft/Uber offering up to 8 free rides to Tops on Niagara and Price Rite on Elmwood, respectively.  Also bus fairs suspended for specific routes.

https://wbuf.com/free-rideshare-rides-in-buffalo/?fbclid=IwAR3OJvj43nnaUbPFuN2PFc34XF73QiqQvGH4aKk8jrOqLkTvjIrl2niTfGk

That's really cool...did not realize the price rite was that close on Elmwood.

10 hours ago, Big Turk said:

Seeing Bruce and Terry breaking down really got to me for some reason...

Saw Bruce tonight at the Larkinville fundraiser. Before I realized it was him I just saw he had the Choose Love shirt on and was wondering “How did that guy get that - - oh it’s Bruce Smith”. Tasker and Chris Brown were also hanging out. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.