Bills(every Bills player and coach)/Bandits/Sabres arrive by the busload to help feed the community

Big Turk

49 minutes ago, The Dean said:

I found some online, but not at an "official" Bills or other Buffalo organization site. Nor is there any mention of profits (or a portion of profits) going to this cause. So clearly I passed until I find something a bit more legitimate.

I saw one site, not going to post a direct link, but it had "tee" in the address, that said sales were going to end tonight due to copyright violations. When you look at the fake shirt site and compare it against the ones in the event today, it's easy to pick out the difference.  

Edited by Just Jack

8 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

I personally prefer living in a area with “seasons” - I like all of them in their own way. I would not like living in a place with warm weather all the time. That’s just me. I would not mind Buffalo weather at all. 

Well said! 

I used to think that, but I love AZ weather. Even the summers are no big deal. Just spend the day at the pool or the golf course. It's easy weather to deal with.

I usually don't get caught up in the 'we're great people' and 'great community' stuff,  a lot of athletes feel obligated to say the love the city or whatever... but this is the most genuine display of real emotion and caring that I can recall.  It's a reflection of the type of organization the Bills strive to be along with the type of quality people they desire to play for the team. I don't think this is something that's over when the next mass shooting occurs later this week. This is the start of a nice movement for the community.

1 minute ago, YoloinOhio said:

I actually like cold weather and winter - strange, i know! 

I don't mind it, but it's great to be able to control it more. When I want snow and cold, I can drive 90 minutes to Flagstaff and ski.

• Like (+1) 1

32 minutes ago, klos63 said:

I used to think that, but I love AZ weather. Even the summers are no big deal. Just spend the day at the pool or the golf course. It's easy weather to deal with.

29 minutes ago, klos63 said:

I usually don't get caught up in the 'we're great people' and 'great community' stuff,  a lot of athletes feel obligated to say the love the city or whatever... but this is the most genuine display of real emotion and caring that I can recall.  It's a reflection of the type of organization the Bills strive to be along with the type of quality people they desire to play for the team. I don't think this is something that's over when the next mass shooting occurs later this week. This is the start of a nice movement for the community.

I don't mind it, but it's great to be able to control it more. When I want snow and cold, I can drive 90 minutes to Flagstaff and ski.

Ironically even though it is much further south, Flagstaff has nearly identical weather to Buffalo much of the year down to snowfall totals and average monthly high temperatures due to it's elevation.  It has somewhat warmer high temps in winter months, averaging around 44 while we are in the low to mid 30s, but the lows are similar.

One interesting footnote...ended up taking a mule trip to the bottom of the Grand Canyon in late May quite some time ago and starting out at the top in Flagstaff it was in the low 70s, but quickly got into the 90s when we hit the plateau and topped out at around 105 at the bottom.  Crazy how elevation can make that dramatic of a difference in temperature.

Edited by Big Turk
  • Like (+1) 1

Amazing effort by all organizations involved.  From the pro teams, to those who cooked and provided the food, to anyone who helped.

I hate when people who have no idea what our community is about spew vitriol regarding “no jobs”, “snow” and “lost 4 in a row”.  That’s not Buffalo.

This is what makes Buffalo the community it is. 

• Like (+1) 2

8 hours ago, Solomon Grundy said:

I'm old enough to remember when there were multiple food stores in the area. There were the B-Kwik markets that were up and down Jefferson Avenue. The A&P market between E.Ferry and Brunswick Blvd. Mr& Mrs. Cromer had their little market on E. Ferry near Doris Records that provided fresh produce. This was a thriving community at one point in time. The community I grew up in

Dont forget Super Duper.

• Like (+1) 1

I have never loved Buffalo so much. This is such a class act and makes me so proud to be a Buffalo fan.

Brought tears to my eyes reading and watching all the reports on this.

Choose love

Also, I dont care how much the exchange rate and shipping is, I'm getting a Choose Love shirt

• Like (+1) 4

2 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

That’s a name from the past. We had that and a Bells.

Yeah there was a Bells near us too in the Cleve Hill Plaza when I was growing up...now it's an ECMC Dialysis clinic. 

Also had a Your Host restaurant...

Edited by Big Turk
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

15 hours ago, Solomon Grundy said:

PLEASE!! If anyone from the Bills organization reads this forum, please put this into consideration. The message is AWESOME and for the community to be able to wear and spread the message would be something magnificent. Logos from all three organizations underneath the message would really push the "One Buffalo" narrative. Show the world that we are One Buffalo, united to stomp out HATE!! 

Those of us who have moved away but remain fans of the team and WNY are looking for ways to help!  This would be one.  

What other ways are there for out-of-towners to help?

1 hour ago, Bill Lewes said:

Those of us who have moved away but remain fans of the team and WNY are looking for ways to help!  This would be one.  

What other ways are there for out-of-towners to help?

You can donate to one of the charities working directly with the community like FeedMoreWNY...

Here is an actual link on how you can help from the Bills website...has a bunch of places there.

https://www.buffalobills.com/community/help-buffalo

Edited by Big Turk
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Like some others here, I have not spent much time in the Buffalo area since I left for college in the mid-1980's.  I still love the area and would move back there in a minute if my wife wasn't a hard core New Englander.  The people of Buffalo are unlike any others I have encountered in the various places I have lived over the years and I am more proud than ever to call myself a Buffalonian.  God bless.

Edited by Haslett_Stomp
  • Like (+1) 3

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.