Bills(every Bills player and coach)/Bandits/Sabres arrive by the busload to help feed the community

Big Turk

Fabulous showing by the Bills and other local teams. I'm glad they came out in force to support the community.

I have a question, but I don't want it to turn into something as I am not implying anything. Just simply asking:  Were Terry and/or Kim at the event. Just curious. No judgement. 

2 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

Just spoke to a woman who works at the tops ... In small communities , this is a place of gathering... Everybody knows everyone

I couldn't begin to find the words ... But we will get through this with love

I'm old enough to remember when there were multiple food stores in the area. There were the B-Kwik markets that were up and down Jefferson Avenue. The A&P market between E.Ferry and Brunswick Blvd. Mr& Mrs. Cromer had their little market on E. Ferry near Doris Records that provided fresh produce. This was a thriving community at one point in time. The community I grew up in

Edited by Solomon Grundy
  • Like (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, Solomon Grundy said:

I'm old enough to remember when there were multiple food stores in the area. There were the B-Kwik markets that were up and down Jefferson Avenue. The A&P market between E.Ferry and Brunswick Blvd. Mr& Mrs. Cromer had their little market on E. Ferry near Doris Records that provided fresh produce. This was a thriving community at one point in time. The community I grew up in

There is an Aldi and Save A Lot 1.9 miles away at the Broadway Market which is a 6 minute car ride.

6 minutes. Not 10. Not 15. Not 30. Not 45. Six.

I'm stunned the narrative being written is like this is the only store within an hour drive of the residents there when it simply isn't true and the picture being painted is completely erroneous to the situation that actually exists.

Edited by Big Turk

2 hours ago, Big Turk said:

There is an Aldi and Save A Lot 1.9 miles away at the Broadway Market which is a 6 minute car ride.

6 minutes. Not 10. Not 15. Not 30. Not 45. Six.

I'm stunned the narrative being written is like this is the only store within an hour drive of the residents there when it simply isn't true and the picture being painted is completely erroneous to the situation that actually exists.

You're not thinking about all the 50 60 70 year old people who don't have vehicles and can't walk 2 miles

Some probably can't afford an Uber

But they can walk 3 minutes down the street to the tops.. that is very real in the neighborhood 

The people with a car are not the ones with a problem... I just left the East side rn, lots of people don't have cars 

Those are the people who are in a bind

Edited by Buffalo716
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

You're not thinking about all the 50 60 70 year old people who don't have vehicles and can't walk 2 miles

Some probably can't afford an Uber

But they can walk 3 minutes down the street to the tops.. that is very real in the neighborhood

I mean I get that to a degree.  But there are old people who live out in Cheektowaga or Depew or Amherst or any of the other suburbs as well that don't have vehicles either and stores are further than 6 minutes away. 

I'm not saying this isn't a legitimate point, I am saying it's not unique to this area, and on balance there are other alternatives nearby.

And before you claim I don't understand, I very much do understand.  

I was raised on the East Side of Buffalo near Kensington and Bailey and worked near there and the Broadway Market for over 10 years.  I have a LOT of experience in knowing how things work in these areas, just not agreeing that this is a problem unique to this area alone, the same issues could be said to exist in many places.

Edited by Big Turk

1 minute ago, Big Turk said:

I mean I get that to a degree.  But there are old people who live out in Cheektowaga or Depew or Amherst or any of the other suburbs as well that don't have vehicles either and stores are further than 6 minutes away. 

I'm not saying this isn't a legitimate point, I am saying it's not unique to this area, and on balance there are other alternatives nearby.

And before you claim I don't understand, I very much do understand.  

I was raised on the East Side of Buffalo near Kensington and Bailey and worked near there and the Broadway Market for over 10 years.  I have a LOT of experience in knowing how things work in these areas.

I'm not going to claim you don't know.. we've already talked about how you spent a lot of time there

But I still spend five days a week on the east side and I know that there's a big transportation problem

My friend has a restaurant on the east side and not one employee has a vehicle... It's like that in a lot of neighborhoods on the east side

I fully understand your point how there's 60-year-olds in Cheektowaga without a car... I'm sure they have problems too

But the problem on the east side is getting brought to light because of this tragedy

• Awesome! (+1) 1

There is no place like Buffalo.  I don’t know why that is, but it’s true.  The past week has been heartbreaking and sickening, but then heartwarming.  I love Buffalo, the community, my sports teams, and I’m so proud to see this show of support in a meaningful way.

Tell me where to send my money to get a “Choose Love” t-shirt.

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, eball said:

There is no place like Buffalo.  I don’t know why that is, but it’s true.  The past week has been heartbreaking and sickening, but then heartwarming.  I love Buffalo, the community, my sports teams, and I’m so proud to see this show of support in a meaningful way.

Tell me where to send my money to get a “Choose Love” t-shirt.

Everybody in buffalo and on this board is trying to find that out

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

On Twitter I messaged BuffaloBillsPR asking about it and I saw another person ask the same thing while including Buffalo Bills Twitter account in it. Should have an answer soon I would imagine.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Big Turk said:

On Twitter I messaged BuffaloBillsPR asking about it and I saw another person ask the same thing while including Buffalo Bills Twitter account in it. Should have an answer soon I would imagine.

Is that official Buffalo Bills?

2 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

Is that official Buffalo Bills?

Yeah, that is the account coming out with all the cool and crazy videos for the team, etc

It's the official twitter account of the Bills Communication department

Edited by Big Turk
  • Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

I found some online, but not at an "official" Bills or other Buffalo organization site. Nor is there any mention of profits (or a portion of profits) going to this cause. So clearly I passed until I find something a bit more legitimate.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

Yeah, that is the account coming out with all the cool and crazy videos for the team, etc

It's the official twitter account of the Bills Communication department

Let us know if they answer you 

I'm sure they could make a bunch of money to give back 

Everybody wants one

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

4 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

Let us know if they answer you 

I'm sure they could make a bunch of money to give back 

Everybody wants one

Would love to see a bunch of these in the stands for the home opener on MNF. Would be a poignant message.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.