Bills(every Bills player and coach)/Bandits/Sabres arrive by the busload to help feed the community

Big Turk

I can't speak directly to what's gone on in other communities that have faced tragedies like this, but what I am seeing in Buffalo from the Bills organization (and to an extent the Sabres and Bandits) is impressive.  It speaks to the character and leadership that exists in these organizations and yes, some of that comes from the top (the Pegulas) down.

It also speaks to the kind of place that Buffalo is.  I was born and raised there, but really have not lived there since graduating high school (which, unfortunately for me, was a long time ago), and although I've lived in 3 other states since then and in some highly "desirable" places, I have never lived in a place as special as Buffalo.  If family and work circumstances allowed it, I'd have moved back a long time ago.  My wife, who is not from Buffalo and who I did not know when I lived there, has visited a few times with me and loves it.  She also would move there in a heartbeat, if circumstances allowed for it.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Chandler#81 said:

Holy Crap! It’s STILL cold in WNY!! Hoodies, sweatshirts, etc. I will never live there again and only visit between August & early October. Yeeeeesh!

People who choose where to live solely on the basis of the weather, have to live among other people who feel the same way.  

I've lived in 10 states, and the weather is a secondary aspect to the quality of life.  After 10 years total in California, I'll never live there again.  (As if I could afford it...)

I live in Alaska now, and we haven't had an overnight low this year that didn't get down into the 30s.  Fortunately it's nice and warm during the day -- the high 50s.

• Like (+1) 3

1 hour ago, Warcodered said:

That money is great, and it will help a lot with immediate needs.  But writing a check is nothing compared to taking the time and flying to Buffalo during the offseason to participate in this.  EVERY PLAYER.  OMG.

This is a gift back, in return for all the fans who go to the airport to greet the Bills returning after away games, in the middle of the night.  There is nothing like the relationship between the Bills and the community, anywhere else in the NFL.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Utah John said:

People who choose where to live solely on the basis of the weather, have to live among other people who feel the same way.  

I've lived in 10 states, and the weather is a secondary aspect to the quality of life.  After 10 years total in California, I'll never live there again.  (As if I could afford it...)

I live in Alaska now, and we haven't had an overnight low this year that didn't get down into the 30s.  Fortunately it's nice and warm during the day -- the high 50s.

I can beat that. 14 States. No cold again. Ever.

if humans were made to weather the weather, we’d be covered in fur. 
WAIT! nevermind..🤦‍♂️

Edited by Chandler#81
  • Haha (+1) 1

I am an emotional type of guy and for whatever reasons the emotions of this event hit me hard yesterday and today. So i am going to do a really small rant. 

We are the city of good neighbors. I live in West Seneca and it is no different. Our City WILL NOT fight hate with hate like other cities have.. What is the one and ONLY ways to combat hate? LOVE! Sports players in Western NY are giving. Schools are doing can drives making it a competition... This group of communities we call WNY has come together... not split apart. Damn straight let WNY teach the world how we react and help our neighbors in a time of need.

Rant over. Drops Mic.

TY local pro sports teams for doing this!

edited typo original WNT lol

Edited by PrimeTime101
  • Like (+1) 6
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 5

9 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

I can beat that. 14 States. No cold again. Ever.

if humans were made to weather the weather, we’d be covered in fur. 
WAIT! nevermind..🤦‍♂️

If you could combine the people of Buffalo and the weather of LA you'd have the perfect city.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, Utah John said:

I personally prefer living in a area with “seasons” - I like all of them in their own way. I would not like living in a place with warm weather all the time. That’s just me. I would not mind Buffalo weather at all. 

15 minutes ago, PrimeTime101 said:

I am an emotional type of guy and for whatever reasons the emotions of this event hit me hard yesterday and today. So i am going to do a really small rant. 

We are the city of good neighbors. I live in West Seneca and it is no different. Our City WILL NOT fight hate with hate like other cities have.. What is the one and ONLY ways to combat hate? LOVE! Sports players in Western NY are giving. Schools are doing can drives making it a competition... This group of communities we call WNY has come together... not split apart. Damn straight let WNT teach the world how we react and help our neighbors in a time of need.

Rant over. Drops Mic.

TY local pro sports teams for doing this!

Well said! 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I personally prefer living in a area with “seasons” - I like all of them in their own way. I would not like living in a place with warm weather all the time. That’s just me. I would not mind Buffalo weather at all. 

Well said! 

I can't do it either...the thought of Christmas in shorts and a T-shirt seems so weird to me, although a few years ago we had a Christmas Eve in WNY where I was outside working in a short sleeve shirt because it was in the upper 60s and it felt so strange...

I am not a huge fan of really hot, humid weather, and if I am going to have to put up with that type of weather in the summer, there is no way I am also putting up with temps in the 30s or 40s in the winter too.  Very very few places offer consistently warm winter temps(70s) to make putting up with the ungodly hot summer temps worth it.  Southern California, the very tip of Texas near Brownsville, and Orlando south in Florida are about it.  Everywhere else you are having to deal with some cold days in winter, even in Arizona.

On balance, I will take our winter weather over other places summer weather.  Our summers are the best in the country, IMO.

3 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

The city of buffalo is a special place 

The east side is a special place 

I spent years and years and years of my life over there

I have no doubt love will overcome hate

I grew up on the East Side and then worked by Kensington/Bailey and then the Broadway Market for over 10 years...

Agree it is a special place.  Have lived in other places but I always knew I would come back home and never leave again and I did that 17 years ago and am not leaving.

Edited by Big Turk
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

I can't do it either...the thought of Christmas in shorts and a T-shirt seems so weird to me, although a few years ago we had a Christmas Eve in WNY where I was outside working in a short sleeve shirt because it was in the upper 60s and it felt so strange...

I am not a huge fan of really hot, humid weather, and if I am going to have to put up with that type of weather in the summer, there is no way I am also putting up with temps in the 30s or 40s in the winter too.  Very very few places offer consistently warm winter temps(70s) to make putting up with the ungodly hot summer temps worth it.  Southern California, the very tip of Texas near Brownsville, and Orlando south in Florida are about it.  Everywhere else you are having to deal with some cold days in winter, even in Arizona.

On balance, I will take our winter weather over other places summer weather.  Our summers are the best in the country, IMO.

I grew up on the East Side and then worked by the Broadway Market for over 10 years

Still spend five days a week on the east side 

It's definitely a sad time... This is when we come together as a city

I have no doubt that love will overcome all the hate 

Edited by Buffalo716

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.