Bradberry to Eagles

BillsMafi$

12 minutes ago, uninja said:

I feel like this just means the Eagles are going to make the playoffs because they play in a ***** division and then get bounced from the playoffs in super wild card weekend, just like last year.

Which is the same fate of any decent team without a good QB.

What it does do for you as a HC and GM is give you a bit more job security. If you make the playoffs you will probably be given another year or two to figure things out and find a QB.

• Agree 2

8 hours ago, Bangarang said:

Did people really expect us to go after him after drafting Elam? 

It would've been nice to have some insurance in the event,

Elam is slow to develop

White isn't fully back from the ACL

or Dane Jackson falls into a sophomore slump.

I know the cap is what it is but a 10 mil 1 year deal is a small price to pay for a Pro Bowl caliber DB in your SB window.

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Logic said:

Fair enough, but "I'd like to still get a veteran because I don't want to put all of our eggs in the rookie corner basket" is a world away from "I guess we're back to dumpster diving for CBs".

Trading up in the 1st round to draft a corner is certainly not "dumpster diving". It's understandable to desire a veteran corner for insurance and depth, but it's unreasonable, in my opinion, to suggest that the team hasn't made serious efforts to upgrade the cornerback position.

Lastly, and this is key: the Bills were NEVER going to spend $10M on a CB2. With the money they already spend on White, Poyer, and Hyde, they were simply never going to spend that much on the least prioritized position in their secondary. It seems clear to me that they made the "we can pay you a few million on a one year deal and you'll get a chance to win a Super Bowl" pitch to several veterans, and no one bit. A veteran still MAY take them up on their offer, if they choose to go that route. But again, I really don't think a $10M CB2 was ever in the cards, and I also don't think that equates to "dumpster diving". You can't pay everyone, and they made a conscious choice to spend big bucks on the defensive line and pass rush instead.

If TY Hilton is willing to prioritize winning over money, he'd be the perfect addition to the WR corps.

I agree that guard depth is our top need right now. Daryl Williams and Ereck Flowers are two guys I would love to target.

Hilton?  Bills did that last year with  Sanders.  

1 hour ago, billsbackto81 said:

Elam is slow to develop

I know the cap is what it is but a 10 mil 1 year deal is a small price to pay for a Pro Bowl caliber DB in your SB window.

Yes, but if none of the above happened Bradberry wasn't going to sign where he wasn't locked in as full time starter, imo.

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, billsbackto81 said:

Elam is slow to develop

Dane Jackson is going into his 3rd year. There shouldn't be any slump for him.

But I think Bradberry would not have viewed the Bills as an ideal situation since we have Tre White and the just drafted a first round corner. And I don't think Beane was willing to give him that big of a contract anyway.

5 minutes ago, MJS said:

Dane Jackson is going into his 3rd year. There shouldn't be any slump for him.

But I think Bradberry would not have viewed the Bills as an ideal situation since we have Tre White and the just drafted a first round corner. And I don't think Beane was willing to give him that big of a contract anyway.

When is Tre White coming back ? 

10 hours ago, Rubes said:

Probably won’t happen, but would be really interesting to see Baker in Philly.

Could be an oddly good fit if it goes well early, or a predictably terrible fit if it goes badly early. 

7 hours ago, hondo in seattle said:

Far more athletic than his Uncle Ray.

I'll allow it lol

3 hours ago, billsbackto81 said:

Elam is slow to develop

He was never going to sign somewhere that didn't offer an unquestioned full time starting gig. He had multiple suitors that had that option. We weren't going to spend a 1st Round pick on someone and then make them 3rd Outside CB off the bench in his Rookie Year. Nor were we going to pay that kind of money for a depth player, even if he were okay with not starting. It was never happening. And if the Bills had concerns about Elam's ability to Start in Year 1 - they wouldn't have taken him at 23.

Edited by BillsFanForever19

10 hours ago, MJS said:

Of course, but I don't think it is likely.

Takes a step, I don't see any reason why he wouldn't. He took a step last year. No reason to think he has now maxed out that I can see. 

Now if you are talking becomes a long term answer top 10 type QB I think that is unlikely. But the guy just keeps on improving. From where he was when he was at Alabama to now is remarkable and a huge testament to himself and his hard work. 

17 hours ago, TheWeatherMan said:

There are more than 32 better QBs in the NFL better than TUA.  No, Im not naming them all.  

That's questionable even if you're talking about 2nd year Tua.

And there's no reason to think 3rd year Tua might not be quite a bit better than that old relic.

13 hours ago, billsbackto81 said:

Elam is slow to develop

Whatever your situation at DB, $10M for 1 year absolutely is a very big deal for a team that's got $5M in cap space this year and is already $10M under the cap for 2023.

And our Super Bowl window will last probably 12 years from now.

Edited by Thurman#1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.