Bradberry to Eagles

BillsMafi$

1 hour ago, Bangarang said:

Did people really expect us to go after him after drafting Elam? 

Expect.. NO!

But thought there was a chance at a 1 year lesser deal to play for us. I honestly do not see how drafting Elam changes that. If anything Tre might not return to full form this season, AND you can never have enough quality CBs IMO. 

Or maybe Beane and Company don't think high enough about him..... 

Edited by ddaryl

13 minutes ago, ddaryl said:

But thought there was a chance at a 1 year lesser deal to play for us. I honestly do not see how drafting Elam changes that. If anything Tre might not return to full form this season, AND you can never have enough quality CBs IMO. 

Or maybe Beane and Company don't think high enough about him..... 

At the risk of sounding like a broken record in multiple threads, the next assets we spend should go towards the OL and maybe a speedy WR (if one becomes available). Enough with the spending on D!

8 minutes ago, Fan in Chicago said:

At the risk of sounding like a broken record in multiple threads, the next assets we spend should go towards the OL and maybe a speedy WR (if one becomes available). Enough with the spending on D!

I'd be interested in a flyer if Reagor shakes loose

31 minutes ago, FilthyBeast said:

There's no guarantees a rookie DB is going to play at a high level, or even serviceable for that matter.

There's no guarantees that White is back to start the season or plays close to the level he previously has.

Just think that for a team that truly has SB aspirations we are putting all our eggs in a very precarious basket by not having an insurance policy.

Fair enough, but "I'd like to still get a veteran because I don't want to put all of our eggs in the rookie corner basket" is a world away from "I guess we're back to dumpster diving for CBs".

Trading up in the 1st round to draft a corner is certainly not "dumpster diving". It's understandable to desire a veteran corner for insurance and depth, but it's unreasonable, in my opinion, to suggest that the team hasn't made serious efforts to upgrade the cornerback position.

Lastly, and this is key: the Bills were NEVER going to spend $10M on a CB2. With the money they already spend on White, Poyer, and Hyde, they were simply never going to spend that much on the least prioritized position in their secondary. It seems clear to me that they made the "we can pay you a few million on a one year deal and you'll get a chance to win a Super Bowl" pitch to several veterans, and no one bit. A veteran still MAY take them up on their offer, if they choose to go that route. But again, I really don't think a $10M CB2 was ever in the cards, and I also don't think that equates to "dumpster diving". You can't pay everyone, and they made a conscious choice to spend big bucks on the defensive line and pass rush instead.

13 minutes ago, Fan in Chicago said:

4 minutes ago, BillsShredder83 said:

I'd be interested in a flyer if Reagor shakes loose

If TY Hilton is willing to prioritize winning over money, he'd be the perfect addition to the WR corps.

I agree that guard depth is our top need right now. Daryl Williams and Ereck Flowers are two guys I would love to target.

Edited by Logic
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, FilthyBeast said:

There's no guarantees a rookie DB is going to play at a high level, or even serviceable for that matter.

There's no guarantees that White is back to start the season or plays close to the level he previously has.

Just think that for a team that truly has SB aspirations we are putting all our eggs in a very precarious basket by not having an insurance policy.

We have a coaching staff that helped guys like Levi Wallace and Dane Jackson look mostly serviceable.

Do you really think that replacing Wallace with Elam makes us worse? If anything it’s likely a push at worst. 

When it comes to getting the most out of DBs and hiding their weaknesses, this staff has proven they know what they are doing. 

Regarding Tre, BB and co. are most certainly on top of where he’s at in his recovery. I think I’ll keep giving McD and BB the benefit of doubt that they know what they’re doing. 

33 minutes ago, FilthyBeast said:

Well that sucks but wonder if we even tried to sign him.

Now it's back to dumpster diving for DB help.

Would of been nice to bring in a quality vet CB on the cheap but it seems Bradberry wanted to get paid more than play for a ring.

Lot of offseason to go before we start thinking dumpster diving. We might be jut fine, but I too wouldn't mind a solid vet CB signing. 

57 minutes ago, FilthyBeast said:

That’s quite a premium cost for an insurance policy…and you could say the same thing about most other teams anyway. I do trust our coaching staff with the DB position to make decent hay out of whatever we have at the time. 

32 minutes ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

That’s quite a premium cost for an insurance policy…and you could say the same thing about most other teams anyway. I do trust our coaching staff with the DB position to make decent hay out of whatever we have at the time. 

McDermott and Frazier have been outstanding in developing the DB position but we face a potential murderers row of elite QB's this year on the regular season schedule and into the playoffs.

Again, the smart move would be to ensure you have too much DB depth vs too little even if a higher profile signing like Bradberry was never in the works.

2 hours ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Both Tua and Hurts can be the guy for their teams. I think Tua is going to surprise a lot of people. 

I think that There is a bit of arrogance among Long-suffering Bills fans.  The Bills are a very good team on paper - one of the favorites in AFC, but make no mistake there are other outstanding teams in the AFC.

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, BillsMafi$ said:

Good.  

They have a road game at Indy on November 20 that I'd like to see them win.

Gotta' water down the records in that AFC south division so we don't end up with TN or Indy somehow stealing home field.

3 hours ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Both Tua and Hurts can be the guy for their teams. I think Tua is going to surprise a lot of people. 

Neither are going to be good QB's. Their ceilings are average.

If they make the playoffs, it will be painfully obvious that they don't belong. That's where the real QB's are separated from the chumps. Happened to Mac Jones and Ryan Tannehill last year in the playoffs.

3 hours ago, TheWeatherMan said:

What is this assessment based on?  I thought he’d be decent coming out of Bama but I’ve seen nothing to suggest he a capable starting QB in the NFL.  

He can be a starter, just not a really good starter.

Which is kind of the same as not having a QB at all.

• Agree 2

The criticism of Tua is way too strong. No one here knows what his future holds. Physically he’s underwhelming obviously. If he’s going to be a franchise qb he’ll have to think the game faster than others. I personally feel like his development has been fine, especially considering all the in fighting that surrounded him between coaches and front office.

He’s entering a critical year 3 with talent around him. We’ll see what happens. I won’t be shocked if he has a break out season. I also won’t be shocked if he’s replaced early on by Bridgewater. 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.