How is Fitzy still a free agent?

Dan Darragh

7 hours ago, nedboy7 said:

Your backup QB gets hot for a few weeks?  I mean isn’t that exactly what you hope to get from a backup.  

See #2…….the false sense of hope. Teams tend to keep Fitz in as the starter after the original starter comes back from injury resulting in #3.

26 minutes ago, Georgie said:

Why are we still talking about Fitz?

Some Bills fans can’t let go of the past no matter how mediocre it was.

• Like (+1) 2

22 hours ago, Freddie's Dead said:

At this point, I would guess it has to be medical.  I did a search and didn't see any updates.  Hope Fitzy's doing OK with rehab.

I think this

What's Beane's saying "the best ability is availability"?

Fitzy has always been durable and available.  He's played through broken ribs.  He did break a leg in 2014 but that was game 15.

Until..... the Washington Commanders paid him $10M last season and he played 1 game.  It was supposed to be a 6-8 week injury, but it became season ending.

There may be complications, and it may be career ending.

11 hours ago, streetkings01 said:

Fitz is bad luck. Three things are for certain when he’s added to your team:

#1 - Your starting QB will miss multiple weeks with an injury forcing Fitz to start.

#2 - He’ll get hot for a few weeks giving the coaching staff and fanbase a false sense of hope.

#3 - He’ll fizzle out and your franchise will miss the playoffs.

#4-He'll throw 3 interceptions and fumble twice in his last game.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

16 hours ago, Limeaid said:

Fortunately you are not a doctor.  It was a Hip Subluxation which I had from a car accident.   Often this is treated without surgery but his doctors choose to be aggressive like Fitzpatrick and use surgery to help speed up treatment.  Originally he was put on IR with possibility of return but Washington choose to go another way because he was not recovering fast enough with recovery time closer to high estimates and Taylor Heinicke was doing well and they did not want to upset them apple cart.

Aaaaaannndd, he’s pushing 40 and coming of a season ending injury and the worst injury of his career ( I believe). 

He’s always been Meh in a cumulative sense. When he’s on, he’s a world beater but you never know when the switch will flip from Fitzmagic to Shitspatrick….. but you know it will.

10 hours ago, streetkings01 said:

See #2…….the false sense of hope. Teams tend to keep Fitz in as the starter after the original starter comes back from injury resulting in #3.

Some Bills fans can’t let go of the past no matter how mediocre it was.

That is a coaching issue.  Not Fitz issue.  Maybe you would rather have a crap backup so you have no hard decisions when the starter is ready?  I get what you are saying but I do not agree. 

11 hours ago, Georgie said:

It’s the offseason. This stuff happens…… 🤷‍♂️

I think we should put him in charge of the salary cap. I hear he’s pretty smart. Did you know he went to Harvard???

43 minutes ago, Augie said:

I think we should put him in charge of the salary cap. I hear he’s pretty smart. Did you know he went to Harvard???

I went to Harvard as well but only on a prospective student visit. 

I think when he retires he would do a very good job in a NFL front office.

1 minute ago, Limeaid said:

I think when he retires he would do a very good job in a NFL front office.

I went to Harvard as well but only as an old man looking for air conditioning in the book store and a nice place to have lunch with my wife and sister. 

You got closer to the real thing than I did! 

I think most teams assumed he was done.  He was cheering for the bills in the playoffs... while on IR for Washington.  Seems like something a retired guy would do.

He also dislocated his hip last year and just has been banged up quite a bit the last few years.  If he comes back my guess is it'll be as a late addition in camp or mid-season due to a run of injuries.  

He's made 80 mil over his career - take out a bunch for taxes and agents and you're still looking at quite a lot of money.  He also has 7 kids per his wikipedia.

Edited by dneveu

19 hours ago, Georgie said:

For the same reason some people on this board can't let Jerry Hughes go. Fans form emotional bonds over certain Bills players that cloud their judgement when it comes to age, injuries, and/or degradation in skill.

Edited by BillsFanForever19

12 hours ago, Augie said:

and has a beard

14 hours ago, Limeaid said:

"I went through Harvard. It was in a cop car, but it was very educational." - Dr. Johnny Fever

• Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.