How is Fitzy still a free agent?

Dan Darragh

4 hours ago, The Tomcat said:

He's waiting for Watson to get suspended, Mayfield to get released and to start for the Browns!

That is more likely than it should be. Truly him going to Cleveland has to be one of his top 3 landing spots right now 

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Freddie's Dead said:

At this point, I would guess it has to be medical.  I did a search and didn't see any updates.  Hope Fitzy's doing OK with rehab.

it is certainly “medical”, when he signs it’s all but a guarantee your starter will have a medical issue in the near future.

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

4 hours ago, bigK14094 said:

I thought it was broken....the Bo Jackson injury...but if you know a dislocation, well, new news to me.  Anyhow, he likely can't be counted on to stay healthy with that hanging over his head.

I thought the same thing when I first heard….. glad he’s still walking 

8 hours ago, Dan Darragh said:

Maybe the Bills front office saw something that we didn't about fan-fave Fitzmagic.

What's your take?  Where does he land?

Hate to say it but the unemployment line. 

This hip surgery was serious and don't believe he will make it back. 

7 hours ago, Buffalo Boy said:

He’s a million years old and semi popped his hip out of its socket. That is not a common or easy injury to recover from I would assume. 

Fortunately you are not a doctor.  It was a Hip Subluxation which I had from a car accident.   Often this is treated without surgery but his doctors choose to be aggressive like Fitzpatrick and use surgery to help speed up treatment.  Originally he was put on IR with possibility of return but Washington choose to go another way because he was not recovering fast enough with recovery time closer to high estimates and Taylor Heinicke was doing well and they did not want to upset them apple cart.

• Like (+1) 1

I think a lot of you are unjustifiably doubting Fitz. Look at the projected backups in the NFL for 2022— the guy would be better than almost all of them. 

I think the reason he hasn’t signed is he is in the group of vets this year that are going to let the rosters shake out a bit, and then will probably sign with the best situation. I could even see him being a post week-1 signing. 

• Like (+1) 1

Fitz is bad luck. Three things are for certain when he’s added to your team:

#1 - Your starting QB will miss multiple weeks with an injury forcing Fitz to start.

#2 - He’ll get hot for a few weeks giving the coaching staff and fanbase a false sense of hope.

#3 - He’ll fizzle out and your franchise will miss the playoffs.

• Disagree 1

1 hour ago, streetkings01 said:

Fitz is bad luck. Three things are for certain when he’s added to your team:

#1 - Your starting QB will miss multiple weeks with an injury forcing Fitz to start.

#2 - He’ll get hot for a few weeks giving the coaching staff and fanbase a false sense of hope.

#3 - He’ll fizzle out and your franchise will miss the playoffs.

Your backup QB gets hot for a few weeks?  I mean isn’t that exactly what you hope to get from a backup.  

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.