How is Fitzy still a free agent?

Dan Darragh

He's 39 & coming off a very major injury. Teams aren't exactly lining up for that.

I'm not sure if he'd even be able to play again, let alone want to. If he does, he'll probably be a mid-season signing to a team with an injury at QB.

Edited by 947
  • Agree 5

4 minutes ago, Dan Darragh said:

Maybe the Bills front office saw something that we didn't about fan-fave Fitzmagic.

What's your take?  Where does he land?

I would guess either 1) he doesn’t intend to play or is still injured and isn’t ready to play or 2) He’s willing to play, but not at less than say $10M a year for any team that might try to pull the “back-up with a chance to start” crap.  I wouldn’t take back-up money when I know damn well I’m going to end up being the starter.  

If he was ready to play and do so at a reasonable price, I believe he would have been a Bill, but I don’t think he was going to accept what Keenum did.

• Like (+1) 2

There's a tradition in pro wrestling where the biggest stars—at the end of their career—go out on their back. I know this isn't pro wrestling, but Fitzmagic is about the closest thing the NFL has had to a pro wrestler... well, aside from that time Brock Lesner was kind of in the NFL. Anyway, Fitz should end his career on his back, preferably after being body slammed through a table. 

55 minutes ago, Dan Darragh said:

Maybe the Bills front office saw something that we didn't about fan-fave Fitzmagic.

He is a backup who will keep your team out of the playoffs and also won't get them a very high draft pick.

1 hour ago, Dan Darragh said:

He is broken, that and he is old, and he doesn’t give the impression that he is a Tommy boy peds sort of guy, 

1 hour ago, 947 said:

He's 39 & coming off a very major injury. Teams aren't exactly lining up for that.

I'm not sure if he'd even be able to play again, let alone want to. If he does, he'll probably be a mid-season signing to a team with an injury at QB.

This would be my guess unless he's leaning toward retirement and has already communicated that to any prospective suitors.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.