Deshaun Watson admits under oath that Ashley Solis cried at the end of the massage

6 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

No. I’m asking how someone that has dozens of similar accusations doesn’t get indicted? 

I would also like to know how the NFL came to their decision. Because if they don’t believe sexual assault took place then I want to know what they believe happened? 

Most people have convicted Watson. But the people with the power to actually do something don’t believe the women obviously.

There are many, many reasons why a grand jury might decline to indict...'not believing' the complainant(s) is only one.

2 hours ago, GoBills808 said:

There are many, many reasons why a grand jury might decline to indict...'not believing' the complainant(s) is only one.

Right. And now we also have the NFLs investigation saying there is no evidence of force, threats, or coercion.

How is that possible when we all read the allegations implying force, threat, and coercion? It all doesn’t add up right.

6 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Right. And now we also have the NFLs investigation saying there is no evidence of force, threats, or coercion.

How is that possible when we all read the allegations implying force, threat, and coercion? It all doesn’t add up right.

Allegations are not evidence. I suspect what the NFL means is it found nothing to corroborate those allegations and the Watson camp denied them. It is part of the difficulty with sexual assault cases. It will be interesting to see where they end up in terms of discipline. The statement from the Watson camp leads me to believe they are expecting less than a full season but who knows? 

I just read the NYT article and Watson just comes across as a scumbag who booked at least 66 massage therapists in 17 months.  The goal of each being to get a happy ending.  The allegations are disgusting  I really don't care how long the suspension is (if any).  He's a pos that should be booed everywhere he plays for the rest of his career.

1 minute ago, Rock-A-Bye Beasley said:

Hopefully we finally get a decision by the NFL on the suspension soon. 

I just want to say if there’s any chance that Deshaun Watson is reading this, Hey quit stealing my moves!

Ah....the great Norm MacDonald

• Awesome! (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

I just read the NYT article and Watson just comes across as a scumbag who booked at least 66 massage therapists in 17 months.  The goal of each being to get a happy ending.  The allegations are disgusting  I really don't care how long the suspension is (if any).  He's a pos that should be booed everywhere he plays for the rest of his career.

Ah....the great Norm MacDonald

I’m up watching that

Cleveland Browns quarterback Deshaun Watson's suspension decision expected to come Monday, per reports

CBS Sports and ESPN cite sources who say retired judge Sue L. Robinson's decision on Watson's suspension will be announced on Monday. The NFL has reportedly been pushing for a full season suspension.

On Sunday night, the NFL Players Association (NFLPA) and Watson released a joint statement, saying they will not appeal, regardless of the decision, and they ask the NFL to do the same.

https://www.cnn.com/2022/08/01/sport/deshaun-watson-nfl-suspension-decision-spt-intl/index.html

6 hours ago, mannc said:

Supposedly they are no longer asking for indefinite suspension.

Yeah.  That was during negotiations toward a settlement with Watson’s lawyers, but I don’t think it impacts the case in front of the arbiter.  It looks like the hold up was to give both sides a chance to come to an agreement, but that is not happening.  The decision should be out today or tomorrow.

28 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I also still think the NFLPA is marking the NFL's card with an implicit threat that if they overturn the decision then the NFLPA will (as was rumoured 2 weeks ago) seek to challenge the lawfulness of the NFL's new disciplinary process in the courts.... which for Goodell would not be a good look on its first major case. Though on the flip side if he wins it then puts it to bed early and he ends up with a water tight process for the future where he still, ultimately, gets the final say on every suspension. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.