Deshaun Watson admits under oath that Ashley Solis cried at the end of the massage

6 minutes ago, BarleyNY said:

That is not Depodesta’s job. Do you have anything beyond wild speculation to think that he was the driving force behind the Watson acquisition?

So…he isn’t the driving force behind the GM, HC and QB selections. Maybe that Amari Cooper pickup?  

16 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

So…he isn’t the driving force behind the GM, HC and QB selections. Maybe that Amari Cooper pickup?  

No idea. From what I know his role is to help set up the organization. He’s got his guys installed finally, but I don’t know what he does beyond that. I’m not sure why it would matter anyway.

Getting back to comparing Allen and Watson. It’s a lot closer than people around here think. Take a look at their best statistical seasons, both in 2020:

QB1:

Comp %: 69.2

Passing yards: 4,544

TDs: 37

Int: 10

Rating: 107.2

QB2:

Comp %: 70.2

Passing yards: 4,823

TDs: 33

Int: 7

Rating: 112.4

It might surprise people which one was better in 4 of the 5 categories. 

Edited by BarleyNY
  • Dislike 2

6 minutes ago, BarleyNY said:

No idea. From what I know his role is to help set up the organization. He’s got his guys installed finally, but I don’t know what he does beyond that. I’m not sure why it would matter anyway.

Getting back to comparing Allen and Watson. It’s a lot closer than people around here think. Take a look at their best statistical seasons, both in 2020:

QB1:

Comp %: 69.2

Passing yards: 4,544

TDs: 37

Int: 10

Rating: 107.2

QB2:

Comp %: 70.2

Passing yards: 4,823

TDs: 33

Int: 7

Rating: 112.4

It might surprise people which one was better in 4 of the 5 categories. 

If his role is he’ll set up the organization, he’s been a rolling disaster since he arrived.  He has kept the Browns tradition of being a league laughingstock alive and well.

As for “his guys”, Berry was one of “his guys” a few years ago.  No he’s back as GM and the first thing he does is overpay for Watson (Depodesta had to be involved in pulling that trigger). 

Nice!  At least they have that analytics guy!

Even forgetting the ridiculous cost of acquiring him, Absolutely no one would pick Watson after his 4th year over Allen after his 4th season.  

• Dislike 1

4 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Decision finally coming tomorrow.

If it’s anything other than indefinite, it’s a bad look for the NFL!

Not sure how you can quantify the punishment of a suspected (highly probable) serial sexual predator who has assaulted numerous victims and has shown no sign of remorse.  

Anyone who has a daughter, wife or mother should be appalled if this guy plays in another down in the NFL.  🤮 

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Shame on the NFL? What about the actual grand jury’s that said he did nothing wrong?

Both can be true but it's up to the lawyers to present evidence and the grand jury can only go by what's in front of them. The NFL has the full story and is not beholden to the same judicial practices. So yes, shame on them

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, KDIGGZ said:

Both can be true but it's up to the lawyers to present evidence and the grand jury can only go by what's in front of them. The NFL has the full story and is not beholden to the same judicial practices. So yes, shame on them

But we read news articles saying women were forced into sexual acts, but the NFL said they found no evidence of force or coercion.

So what the heck is going on here?

Edited by Buffalo_Stampede

24 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

But we read news articles saying women were forced into sexual acts, but the NFL said they found no evidence of force or coercion.

So what the heck is going on here?

The grand jury deals with criminal charges based upon what was presented to them. It’s very different from civil charges. The NFL is concerned with the image of the league. Do you think this has been good for the league? I don’t have a guess how this turns out, but it has definitely blemished the shield. 

I’ll wait and see, but if he were the Bills QB I’d take a step back until something changed. I feel bad for Browns fans as I kind of relate to them. It’s hard to get behind the Browns FO with this hanging over them. A serial sexual predator as your QB is hardly a selling point for 1/32 of your league and tarnishes the entire league to some degree. 

There is no question, this reflects poorly on the NFL. There are rules against that. Sadly, it’s more complicated because the owners have not been held to the same standard (by themselves, basically) often enough. 

Edited by Augie

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.