Deshaun Watson admits under oath that Ashley Solis cried at the end of the massage

8 hours ago, Playoffs? said:

Wonder what Browns fans think about this all?  Anyone have any Cleveland buddies?

Are they outraged with the Browns decisions?  Are they in Watson’s corner?  Or is it a “short memory - win me a Lombardi” thing?

It runs the whole spectrum.  A small, but not insignificant, percentage walked away.  It remains to be seen how many of them go back.  One casual acquaintance who I knew prior to him becoming a sports writer (Bleacher Report, etc.) was a lifelong fan and he walked away.  I do t think he’s coming back.

Most stayed and are dealing in different ways.  Some hate the situation, but are staying loyal.  Some are hanging their hats on the lack of evidence (beyond testimonies of the accusers) and do not believe the worst of the allegations.  Also a few are going full out conspiracy.

10 hours ago, Playoffs? said:

Wonder what Browns fans think about this all?  Anyone have any Cleveland buddies?

Are they outraged with the Browns decisions?  Are they in Watson’s corner?  Or is it a “short memory - win me a Lombardi” thing?

Currently live in Cleveland. I would say the vast majority are now hanging their hats on "Yeah, but what about Kraft and Snyder" and the lack of evidence. I have heard several times "well, if he actually did it, he should get suspended, but there really isn't any evidence against him, so Go Browns". 

Initially, the majority was disgusted but I would say since then its been switched and now the majority just want to find out what the punishment will be with most assuming it will be light. 

I have this weird feeling the NFL is leaking all these suspension dates out to see which one people are least angry about.

4 hours ago, ytownblofan said:

Currently live in Cleveland. I would say the vast majority are now hanging their hats on "Yeah, but what about Kraft and Snyder" and the lack of evidence. I have heard several times "well, if he actually did it, he should get suspended, but there really isn't any evidence against him, so Go Browns". 

Initially, the majority was disgusted but I would say since then its been switched and now the majority just want to find out what the punishment will be with most assuming it will be light. 

People are easily brainwashed anymore.

4 hours ago, ytownblofan said:

This comes as no surprise.  Watson will be cheered at home and booed on the road.  At least for a few seasons before some other cause celebre replaces him.

35 minutes ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

Strange. hearing NOTHING about this in Houston. 

Listening to Houston Sports radio right now and IF this were true, they would be non-stop about it so I have serious doubt about the veracity of this. 

Stations that want to keep their access to their local team generally will not cover things the team does not want them to cover.  This is especially true of their flagship station.  The NFL exerts similar pressure nationally. 

3 minutes ago, BarleyNY said:

Stations that want to keep their access to their local team generally will not cover things the team does not want them to cover.  This is especially true of their flagship station.  The NFL exerts similar pressure nationally. 

This has not been the case, not even close in Houston.

They had been non-stop Deshaun Watson for months.    And for that matter, they have been ridiculing the Texans and Texans ownerships since Jack Easterby emerged.

1 hour ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

This has not been the case, not even close in Houston.

They had been non-stop Deshaun Watson for months.    And for that matter, they have been ridiculing the Texans and Texans ownerships since Jack Easterby emerged.

Going after Watson would likely be something the Texans would not mind.  What about the cases against the Texans?  How much play was that getting?

1 hour ago, Dablitzkrieg said:

Imagine making excuses for a sexual predator.  I hope this POS never steps foot on a football field again

C'mon now I'm far from a Watson defender, but calling him a "sexual predator" is too far. There was not one single instance where physical force was alleged to be involved.  Have you ever bought a girl dinner/drinks in hopes she might have sex with you?? You're a sexual predator. 

Obviously that's some hyperbole, but I think you see where I'm going, stop with the virtue signaling.

What he did was deplorable, he has a real problem.  And he did it in a careless and excessive manner (I mean 60+ massages or whatever good lord!). Not defending his conduct, he deserves a lengthy suspension and all the heat/trouble he has got.  But to say he should never be allowed to participate his profession again... c'mon man.  What about Big Ben who was credibly accused of forcibly raping someone?  Why weren't you up in arms about that?

• Vomit 1
  • Dislike 1

19 minutes ago, vtnatefootball11 said:

Have you ever bought a girl dinner/drinks in hopes she might have sex with you?? You're a sexual predator. 

If during dinner, I exposed myself, masturbated and e-jaculated on them without their consent, I would be.

Edited by TheBrownBear
  • Like (+1) 5

22 minutes ago, vtnatefootball11 said:

C'mon now I'm far from a Watson defender, but calling him a "sexual predator" is too far. There was not one single instance where physical force was alleged to be involved.  Have you ever bought a girl dinner/drinks in hopes she might have sex with you?? You're a sexual predator. 

Obviously that's some hyperbole, but I think you see where I'm going, stop with the virtue signaling.

What he did was deplorable, he has a real problem.  And he did it in a careless and excessive manner (I mean 60+ massages or whatever good lord!). Not defending his conduct, he deserves a lengthy suspension and all the heat/trouble he has got.  But to say he should never be allowed to participate his profession again... c'mon man.  What about Big Ben who was credibly accused of forcibly raping someone?  Why weren't you up in arms about that?

I don't think you've been paying attention.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

On 7/7/2022 at 4:42 PM, Rigotz said:

Am I the only person who thinks the comparisons to Kraft and Kraft's punishment are a little ridiculous?

Robert Kraft went to a rub and tug, where they sell sex from sex workers, and he bought himself some sex.

Deshaun Watson called up massage therapists, not sex workers, and [allegedly] forced himself upon them.

That is not the same thing.

I agree but I wonder how many were happy with his actions for an extra tip and did not join lawsuit?

The type Krafty went to advertise sensual massage and may advertise using leading advertisements in other forums that other things are available "by mutual consent when massager is paid for time only.".  Watson did not seem to realize that many of the ladies he was trying to get extras from were not open to extras for additional tips.

On 7/15/2022 at 2:42 PM, BarleyNY said:

Going after Watson would likely be something the Texans would not mind.  What about the cases against the Texans?  How much play was that getting?

The Texans brain rust just wants this over...and wants Watson to get hit with a max suspension to lower the Brown's draft picks they got.

On 7/15/2022 at 10:18 PM, vtnatefootball11 said:

Seriously, that is the line you want to take? That there has to be "physical force" used for someone to be a sexual predator? The man, by all accounts, used women for his own sexual gratification. If that is not a sexual predator then what is?  

35 minutes ago, Gunvald's Husse said:

Seriously, that is the line you want to take? That there has to be "physical force" used for someone to be a sexual predator? The man, by all accounts, used women for his own sexual gratification. If that is not a sexual predator then what is?  

I don’t know what is going on to be honest. I figured there was shady stuff going on with the grand jury’s. There were multiple grand jury’s. Now if the NFL comes away and slaps Watson on the wrist when do we start to question the women?

Settlements happen all the time, so I don’t think we can say because he settled he’s guilty. Settling does more for Watson at this point than the women. 

I highly doubt the NFL would listen to the women they spoke to talk about being sexually assaulted by Watson and then just give him a slap on the wrist suspension. Imagine there’s more women in the future? This could turn into a giant legal issue for the NFL.

We can’t convict Watson based on media reports. This whole thing is looking very suspect. Either people are helping Watson get away with sexual assault right in front of our eyes or maybe it is a scam. I just can’t believe people would helping him get away with this. 

One question I have is out of all these women there’s no video or texts supporting them? Sometimes the authorities don’t have enough evidence even with multiple allegations. Especially if the accused has good attorneys.

It does kind of remind me of Darren Sharper. He retired a year before the 1st allegations started. You wonder if these were really the 1st allegations? He was a accused of drugging women but escaped being charged by police because they didn’t believe the woman or lack of evidence. Then he continued to do it to other women for years. He was convicted of multiple counts of rape. They don’t even know how many he did it to, possibly dozens.

Edited by Buffalo_Stampede

I can’t believe that there was a team stupid enough to trade for Watson! Not only did they trade for him, but they gave up a massive amount of picks and paid that pervert a fortune! It would take a complete dumpster fire of an organization like the Cleveland Browns to trade for such a pervert and social pariah as Deshsun Watson! 🥴

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.