Deshaun Watson admits under oath that Ashley Solis cried at the end of the massage

12 minutes ago, ytownblofan said:

So, at what point does this get really weird and Deshaun ends up suing the Texans? Something along the lines of "You knew I was a sex addict, provided me with a location, and a massage table, and enabled my continued behavior rather than helping me". 

I don't think that's likely unless he loses his cases and gets perma banned from the league, only way it makes sense for him to do that and basically confirm it, besides the moral reasons.

• Like (+1) 1

32 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

I don't think that's likely unless he loses his cases and gets perma banned from the league, only way it makes sense for him to do that and basically confirm it, besides the moral reasons.

Yeah, that was my thought as well. But honestly, at this point it doesn't feel that outlandish to think about. 

Either way, this thing isn't getting any cleaner anytime soon and the NFL has to be downright pissed

51 minutes ago, ytownblofan said:

So, at what point does this get really weird and Deshaun ends up suing the Texans? Something along the lines of "You knew I was a sex addict, provided me with a location, and a massage table, and enabled my continued behavior rather than helping me". 

how would he prove they knew this?

• Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

how would he prove they knew this?

Check out the tweets posted by YOLO. Definitely seems like the Texans were notified there was some weird stuff going on. 

Again, not saying he should or will, or even has a case; just doesn't seem out of the realm given how crazy this story has already become. 

4 hours ago, wjag said:

Unless the Texans were arranging and paying for his dates, I'm not sure giving him keys to the bachelor pad is enough.  Should be interesting to hear the deets on this one.  Deshaun Watson, the gift that keeps on giving.

1)   We are talking about Civil court, whole new level of "proof".

2) Texans head of security supplied him with the NDA agreements.

3) Jack Easterby, a very unsympathetic character and people directly underneath him set up the Houstonian situation for Deshaun and provided massage tables to it.

4) Ownership at the Texans is decidedly brain dead, has very deep pockets and once again would be a very unsympathetic witness.

No, they have enough in civil court to go after the Texans.

On 6/26/2022 at 3:57 PM, The Wiz said:

Knew that.  He was accountable for "wrongful death".  Not murder.  He was also tried and convicted for robbery and burglary and went to jail for 9 years.

I know the facts given to me.

If you have such a problem with him being on the wall then start a petition and I will be the first to sign it.  His name being on the wall means nothing to me is the point.  I don't idolize him and I don't care if it is taken down.  You can ask how many people here care about a name on a wall and I doubt you will get much more than sitting in neutral (unless OJ himself did something to offend those posters).

It basically comes down to Pegulas / Wall committee not making effort to remove him from the wall.  

It is likely when a new stadium is built there will be a new wall and the decision will be made for entire membership to be copied to new wall, a new wall with some of the members or a new type of wall.  I'd like a design with a wall per decade with one wall for 60's, 70's, 80's, 90's, 2000's and 10's.

4 hours ago, Mango said:

Wait what, no. 

The Browns were willing to gamble his first year with the team and that is about it. After this season, his contract is miserable unless he plays lights out. Full stop. 

There is no moving on. He cannot be cut. Unsure of how a trade effects the Browns because so much of his contract is fully guaranteed. But if the Browns are in a position to move on from Watson, somebody will have to spend $46M per year in his reclamation, and a possible $55M cap hit year over year. 

Not to mention try to reclaim huge draft capital to break even. Even if he turns into a top 3 qb in the league, and somehow wanted to trade him. They'd have a tough time recouping what they paid in picks for him

• Like (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

It basically comes down to Pegulas / Wall committee not making effort to remove him from the wall.  

It is likely when a new stadium is built there will be a new wall and the decision will be made for entire membership to be copied to new wall, a new wall with some of the members or a new type of wall.  I'd like a design with a wall per decade with one wall for 60's, 70's, 80's, 90's, 2000's and 10's.

Or they could go with special walls for Murderers, Rapists, Regular Guys, and Fitz. 

Edited by WotAGuy

4 hours ago, ytownblofan said:

Check out the tweets posted by YOLO. Definitely seems like the Texans were notified there was some weird stuff going on. 

Again, not saying he should or will, or even has a case; just doesn't seem out of the realm given how crazy this story has already become. 

I did, none of them hint at Watson saying Houston knew or should have known that he was an uncontrollable  serial sexual predator.

Wouldn't Watson have to admit this is what he is in order to bring such a law suit against the Texans wouldn't he?  

• Like (+1) 1

The hue and cry of any decision is going to be epic.

Can only imagine the cringe level of both attorney's arguing the merits of towel size before a female jurist...

22 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

I did, none of them hint at Watson saying Houston knew or should have known that he was an uncontrollable  serial sexual predator.

Wouldn't Watson have to admit this is what he is in order to bring such a law suit against the Texans wouldn't he?  

you'd research the standard of proof for "knew or should have known" under the relevant law.  Then see if your facts qualify.  And if not, determine whether you can obtain such facts (like how close or far you currently are, and how far you have to go, and if its doable). 

then, and concurrently, you'd already be researching any and all possible legal theories that might fit your facts or the facts you might be able to develop.  Where "fact" is a loose term for "everybody agrees this is something a jury should decide whether this particular and important (relevant) thing is true or not, since the lawyers would never be able to agree."

Remembering that the percentage of cases that actually makes it to trial, and then thru trial to a verdict, then thru appeals, is pretty small.  And both sides know it.  You are trying to make your 'valid' arguments as strong a lever as possible.  Because the other side isnt stupid and the judge isnt stupid.  A jury might be, and that is one of the levers a Plaintiff always has.  Or a criminal defendant.

Edited by maddenboy

20 minutes ago, maddenboy said:

you'd research the standard of proof for "knew or should have known" under the relevant law.  Then see if your facts qualify.  And if not, determine whether you can obtain such facts (like how close or far you currently are, and how far you have to go, and if its doable). 

then, and concurrently, you'd already be researching any and all possible legal theories that might fit your facts or the facts you might be able to develop.  Where "fact" is a loose term for "everybody agrees this is something a jury should decide whether this particular and important (relevant) thing is true or not, since the lawyers would never be able to agree."

Remembering that the percentage of cases that actually make it to trial, and then thru trial to a verdict, then thru appeals, is pretty small.  And both sides know it.  You are trying to make your 'valid' arguments as strong a lever as possible.  Because the other side isnt stupid and the judge isnt stupid.  A jury might be, and that is one of the levers a Plaintiff always has.  Or a criminal defendant.

He would have to admit he is a serial sexual predator and molester of nonconsenting women before he could accuse his former employer of wrongfully abetting him in this.

That's probably not the best legal advice...

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Mr. WEO said:

He would have to admit he is a serial sexual predator and molester of nonconsenting women before he could accuse his former employer of wrongfully abetting him in this.

That's probably not the best legal advice...

i might have missed this upthread, but what you are saying sounds like Watson is planning to sue the Texans. 

Otherwise, if i'm Watson, why would i admit anything like that?  how on earth would that benefit me?

and even if that was Watson's plan, he'd best wait until all of his own stuff is put to bed.  Then go after the Texans for some sort of contributory liability to the plaintiffs (ie: i had to pay them X, your team is 1/3 at fault, so you owe me reimbursement of 1/3x that i had to pay them but was really Your fault), but not for directly having wronged Watson, himself.  Or, maybe he would.  This is going a bit far afield for this thread, based on the current state of facts/knowledge we (I?) actually have.

Edited by maddenboy
  • Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.