Deshaun Watson admits under oath that Ashley Solis cried at the end of the massage

5 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

As for OJ being shunned..........well, he's still on the Wall of Fame so apparently you've confused the actively "shunned" with turning a blind eye.

Something tells me they may forget to bring that name with them when they move to the new stadium.

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

Something tells me they may forget to bring that name with them when they move to the new stadium.

You know those darn movers….something always gets lost or broken!  🤷‍♂️

• Like (+1) 1

57 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Are the obvious examples of Kobe Bryant and Ben Roethlisberger with rape charges resolved civilly while they were playing for the teams they played their entire careers with not direct enough?

I'm sorry if it's hard to keep track of who you replied to or what posts of yours I replied to, but it wasn't that one. But okay, Ben Roethlisberger from a brief looking up of that situation yeah I probably wouldn't have wanted him as the QB for the team I root for, Kobe's seems tougher more straight up he said she said. Still can't remember rooting for either of them playing on the Bills for this to count towards hypocrisy.

1 hour ago, BADOLBILZ said:

I am open to the idea that you are just not smart enough to grasp the simple points I've made.......I've read some of your work here....you aren't bright.

I'd appreciate it if you'd stop flirting with me.

1 hour ago, BADOLBILZ said:

But fan bases will forgive A LOT.    It's the reality.    If you think what Watson did is some line that could never be crossed with NFL fans.........I think you are going to be disappointed.    But you are probably used to that by now.

I don't remember ever saying there wouldn't be fans that would still support Watson, kind of feels like you're having a made-up argument with yourself on that front.

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, 4merper4mer said:

You’re right.  It would all magically disappear.

No, no, no.  I absolutely never said that there wouldn’t be people that would be upset by that outcome.  Or that it would be unreasonable to feel that way.  I said that it would be a dead end.  What could people who are still upset do?

Edited by BarleyNY

3 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

Not that it wouldn't have taken less than 2 hours for the team carpenter Jim Willibey and longtime last-man-in-the-media-guide Russ Zink to take it down before that.    

I suspect that "The Wall of Fame" will be replaced altogether by an inside Hall of Fame of some sort.   Wall space is money.

13 hours ago, BarleyNY said:

No way do sponsors walk in this scenario.  The NFL literally would be unable to suspend or otherwise penalize Watson.  What could a sponsor say?  That they are cutting ties with the NFL because a neutral arbiter didn’t suspend Watson?  Or that they will cut ties with the NFL unless the NFL meets what demands exactly?  Since they legally could not penalize Watson in this case, what are you thinking?

I'm just saying that a very significant group of people/fans are not going to care about the legal details of an arbitrator.

They will look at the end result.  One way or another it will look like the NFL just swept it under the rug.

While you could be right and the whole thing just blows over, I'm not so sure about that.

Watson sat out (for other reasons) last year so there was no public viewing of him playing at a game.

I do think once he "suits up" things will "heat up" in the public eyes.

13 hours ago, NoSaint said:

hes already missed a full season. I can think of only a handful of players who have been absent for going on a second season due to conduct short of serving a prison sentence that lasted that long. 

That’s not nothing 

His lost season is 100% on him and he get paid to do nothing.

• Like (+1) 1

On 6/25/2022 at 8:29 PM, maddenboy said:

i'm startin to think the Browns were genius in how they did this.  (no sarcasm)

As mentioned a couple weeks ago somewhere, and restated on PFT today, Watson's contract tolls during suspension, for a year.  So his device to have his first year of actually playing be under a salary of only $1M was supposed to be to Watson's obvious benefit.

But in tolling, the Browns get something too.   They have Watson locked in to a 5 year contract.  That might not start until his current top-of-market salary might only be middle-of-the-road. 

imo, THIS is why the Browns havent moved Mayfield.   If Watson is suspended for a year or more, the brown lose nothing.   Not even money, really.  Because they can still Trade watson a couple years from now, if Mayfield balls out, or some other thing.

The Browns purchased the rights to Watson.   (instead of strictly just hiring him to be their qb).  So the decided to lock him into a fixed contract.  Solidifying the value of the asset.

The "asset" won't be worth much if he goes another year or two+ without playing 

• Like (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, ytownblofan said:

Buzbee just filed the first lawsuit against the Texans:

image.thumb.png.1908d6dc76a6335c6bd977b8e7bee574.png

Unless the Texans were arranging and paying for his dates, I'm not sure giving him keys to the bachelor pad is enough.  Should be interesting to hear the deets on this one.  Deshaun Watson, the gift that keeps on giving.

On 6/25/2022 at 11:45 PM, maddenboy said:

but my point is, if i'm onto something at all, is that they purchased an asset.  Its like buying a ferrari for your 15 year old daughter.  she cannot drive yet but when she is old enuf, even if she has another car, its still a Ferrari, barely scratched, and i can sell it.

i might not get allllll my money back.  but i can calculate the risks up front.  then acquire an asset.

Having your 18yr old daughter near Watson is about as safe. As an 18yr old new driver, having a Ferrari 😆

Edited by BillsShredder83

On 6/25/2022 at 8:29 PM, maddenboy said:

i'm startin to think the Browns were genius in how they did this.  (no sarcasm)

As mentioned a couple weeks ago somewhere, and restated on PFT today, Watson's contract tolls during suspension, for a year.  So his device to have his first year of actually playing be under a salary of only $1M was supposed to be to Watson's obvious benefit.

But in tolling, the Browns get something too.   They have Watson locked in to a 5 year contract.  That might not start until his current top-of-market salary might only be middle-of-the-road. 

imo, THIS is why the Browns havent moved Mayfield.   If Watson is suspended for a year or more, the brown lose nothing.   Not even money, really.  Because they can still Trade watson a couple years from now, if Mayfield balls out, or some other thing.

The Browns purchased the rights to Watson.   (instead of strictly just hiring him to be their qb).  So the decided to lock him into a fixed contract.  Solidifying the value of the asset.

Wait what, no. 

The Browns were willing to gamble his first year with the team and that is about it. After this season, his contract is miserable unless he plays lights out. Full stop. 

There is no moving on. He cannot be cut. Unsure of how a trade effects the Browns because so much of his contract is fully guaranteed. But if the Browns are in a position to move on from Watson, somebody will have to spend $46M per year in his reclamation, and a possible $55M cap hit year over year. 

6 minutes ago, MiltonWaddams said:

I’d argue that point. I would say a lot of people will care. Women, parents of daughters who care how their children are treated, people who respect women. I think all those groups will care. I haven’t spoken up much about this topic on this forum, but it’s an quite obvious this guy’s a pig who assaulted women. No matter which way you put it, none of those people need to deal with that crap. He was wrong, he knew it and he continued and he was enabled. As the father of two young daughters, I will happily see this guy kicked out of the NFL and the Texans and Browns pay for working with him.

Yeah - for better or worse the social media culture has definitely trended towards cancelling.  I think trotting this guy out is going to be a PR nightmare, and they've done literally nothing to indicate that they have a plan.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

So, at what point does this get really weird and Deshaun ends up suing the Texans? Something along the lines of "You knew I was a sex addict, provided me with a location, and a massage table, and enabled my continued behavior rather than helping me". 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.