Deshaun Watson admits under oath that Ashley Solis cried at the end of the massage

36 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

I feel like this kind of lumps what he did in with things that are far less problematic, that or you seem to think some pretty ***** up things are normal behavior.

Like what?  Deliberately using alcohol to get women to lower their inhibitions?  Outright date rape drugging?  

I assure you that independent masseuses getting into compromising situations and feeling pressured to have sex is a lesser overall societal issue than those things.    

Really it is.

This is a very weird f*cking case that literally doesn't have a lot of real world implications.  

4 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Like what?  Deliberately using alcohol to get women to lower their inhibitions?  Outright date rape drugging?  

I assure you that independent masseuses getting into compromising situations and feeling pressured to have sex is a lesser overall societal issue than those things.    

Really it is.

This is a very weird f*cking case that literally doesn't have a lot of real world implications.  

This feels like you're trying to go in opposite directions at the same time, what even is your actual point?

• Like (+1) 4

57 minutes ago, The Wiz said:

I see the distinction very well. And OJ was tried for it and found innocent.  Does that change how myself or anyone else feel about it or think what happened, no.

But somehow that is your point of what he did,  he should be shunned by Bills fans?

Guess what, he is. No one is saying he's a great guy. No one is defending him. After all that came to light most Bills fans wrote him off.   I know I did. 

Where is ray lewis or Aaron hernandez in this conversation about players killing people?

And your description of Watson sounds like a guy in a white tinted van with "free candy" spray painted on the side of it.   So I should look at him like a pedophile then?

You are all over the place........but clearly unaware that OJ was subsequently tried and found accountable for the murders in civil court.

If you don't know the facts.........don't argue.

As for OJ being shunned..........well, he's still on the Wall of Fame so apparently you've confused the actively "shunned" with turning a blind eye.

• Like (+1) 2

16 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

This feels like you're trying to go in opposite directions at the same time, what even is your actual point?

Trying and failing to equivocate between various sex related crimes in an attempt to paint Watson in a better light is what it appears.

6 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

You are all over the place........but clearly unaware that OJ was subsequently tried and found accountable for the murders in civil court.

If you don't know the facts.........don't argue.

As for OJ being shunned..........well, he's still on the Wall of Fame so apparently you've confused the actively "shunned" with turning a blind eye.

Knew that.  He was accountable for "wrongful death".  Not murder.  He was also tried and convicted for robbery and burglary and went to jail for 9 years.

I know the facts given to me.

If you have such a problem with him being on the wall then start a petition and I will be the first to sign it.  His name being on the wall means nothing to me is the point.  I don't idolize him and I don't care if it is taken down.  You can ask how many people here care about a name on a wall and I doubt you will get much more than sitting in neutral (unless OJ himself did something to offend those posters).

25 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

Let me congratulate you for once again just jumping into a thread to be contrary with me and looking stupid by asking my point when it was in the very first post.

Fans of other teams acting like Browns fans should be morally obligated to actively switch allegiances is self-serving and largely hypocritical.

You and @GunnerBill can disagree with it if you want.    

I'm sure there are fans of other teams that could find something about the Bills that they would insist would be untenable to them.   I just gave the example of a mass murderer being enshrined on the Wall of Highmark Stadium.    You could argue that it has desensitized fans to the heinous crime.   I see more young men "ironically" wearing  the Mitchell and Ness OJ jerseys every season.   Most people see them and laugh or scream "Juice" etc..   Saying he is shunned is a far cry from the reality at the stadium.   Cornelius Bennett forcibly anally raped a woman in a Buffalo hotel room, served time for it, and he isn't shunned by the fanbase either.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Dislike 1

4 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Fans of other teams acting like Browns fans should be morally obligated to actively switch allegiances is self-serving and largely hypocritical.

You and @GunnerBill can disagree with it if you want.    

To be clear I don't think that. I have said elsewhere I could not do that if it was the Bills. 

I agreed with his post because I couldn't work out where your argument was going beyond the primary point. 

• Like (+1) 1

30 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

To be clear I don't think that. I have said elsewhere I could not do that if it was the Bills. 

I agreed with his post because I couldn't work out where your argument was going beyond the primary point. 

The other objection my usual trolls are having is that I am making a clear distinction between what Watson is accused of and murder.

There simply is........both legally and in terms of public forgiveness.   

If Ben Roethlisberger and Kobe Bryant had settled "murder" cases civilly with the families of their victims.......... their careers would not have gone on the way they did after their forcible rape settlements.    What Watson has been accused of is a lesser charge than that.    People who think that 20 years from now Watson is still likely to be a social pariah if he goes on to a HOF career as a player are just kidding themselves.

39 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Let me congratulate you for once again just jumping into a thread to be contrary with me and looking stupid by asking my point when it was in the very first post.

Thanks, it's always nice to be appreciated.

41 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

And you're arguing this point by saying, what Watson did was similar to other things that you think are common place(and are therefore not as bad?), but also at the same time it's completely different and not comparable.

200w.gif?cid=82a1493bucrsix9dh143yy9owgy

43 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

I'm sure there are fans of other teams that could find something about the Bills that they would insist would be untenable to them.   I just gave the example of a mass murderer being enshrined on the Wall of Highmark Stadium.    You could argue that it has desensitized fans to the heinous crime.   I see more young men "ironically" wearing  the Mitchell and Ness OJ jerseys every season.   Most people see them and laugh or scream "Juice" etc..   Saying he is shunned is a far cry from the reality at the stadium.   Cornelius Bennett forcibly anally raped a woman in a Buffalo hotel room, served time for it, and he isn't shunned by the fanbase either.

As I'm sure plenty of people have said, the OJ thing happened after he was no longer on the team and after he'd already been put up on the wall. Also I would love it if they'd take his name down, no problem with that at all. I get that they'll probably just leave him off it in the new Stadium and try and slip it under the radar to avoid kicking up some kind of controversy, but I'd be good if they did it either way. Same thing with Cornelius Bennett, it happened after he was on the team, also not on the wall, these are not great examples for your point.

8 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

“If Sue Robinson rules that Deshaun Watson did not violate the conduct policy, the case is done; there is no appeal possible.”

It has occurred to me that this is as good of an outcome as the league could hope for, not to mention Watson and the NFLPA.  The NFL would be able to save face by declaring that they were trying to throw the book at Watson by handing out an indefinite suspension that would last at least a year, but that their hands were tied because of the ruling from the neutral arbiter.  That this third party arbiter is an accomplished judge and a woman would not hurt the optics one bit.  It would end this mess - probably very conveniently just before the July 4th weekend.  The NFL could throw out a statement of disappointment, outrage, etc., etc. along with something to the effect that if more information comes out in the remaining cases, Watson could still be suspended.  But that would be incredibly unlikely.  It would be over and everyone would have to move on. 

Edited by BarleyNY

18 minutes ago, BarleyNY said:

“If Sue Robinson rules that Deshaun Watson did not violate the conduct policy, the case is done; there is no appeal possible.”

It has occurred to me that this is as good of an outcome as the league could hope for, not to mention Watson and the NFLPA.  The NFL would be able to save face by declaring that they were trying to throw the book at Watson by handing out an indefinite suspension that would last at least a year, but that their hands were tied because of the ruling from the neutral arbiter.  That this third party arbiter is an accomplished judge and a woman would not hurt the optics one bit.  It would end this mess - probably very conveniently just before the July 4th weekend.  The NFL could throw out a statement of disappointment, outrage, etc., etc. along with something to the effect that if more information comes out in the remaining cases, Watson could still be suspended.  But that would be incredibly unlikely.  It would be over and everyone would have to move on. 

Would it also force the court of public opinion to shut up and go away?

14 hours ago, ColoradoBills said:

It would make it ten time worse.  Having Watson walk away scot-free would be a PR nightmare and TV sponsors would be under the gun.

No way do sponsors walk in this scenario.  The NFL literally would be unable to suspend or otherwise penalize Watson.  What could a sponsor say?  That they are cutting ties with the NFL because a neutral arbiter didn’t suspend Watson?  Or that they will cut ties with the NFL unless the NFL meets what demands exactly?  Since they legally could not penalize Watson in this case, what would the sponsors demand?

Edited by BarleyNY
  • Disagree 1

1 hour ago, ColoradoBills said:

It would make it ten time worse.  Having Watson walk away scot-free would be a PR nightmare and TV sponsors would be under the gun.

hes already missed a full season. I can think of only a handful of players who have been absent for going on a second season due to conduct short of serving a prison sentence that lasted that long. 

That’s not nothing 

3 hours ago, Warcodered said:

Thanks, it's always nice to be appreciated.

And you're arguing this point by saying, what Watson did was similar to other things that you think are common place(and are therefore not as bad?), but also at the same time it's completely different and not comparable.

As I'm sure plenty of people have said, the OJ thing happened after he was no longer on the team and after he'd already been put up on the wall. Also I would love it if they'd take his name down, no problem with that at all. I get that they'll probably just leave him off it in the new Stadium and try and slip it under the radar to avoid kicking up some kind of controversy, but I'd be good if they did it either way. Same thing with Cornelius Bennett, it happened after he was on the team, also not on the wall, these are not great examples for your point.

Are the obvious examples of Kobe Bryant and Ben Roethlisberger with rape charges resolved civilly while they were playing for the teams they played their entire careers with not direct enough?    I am open to the idea that you are just not smart enough to grasp the simple points I've made.......I've read some of your work here....you aren't bright.   But fan bases will forgive A LOT.    It's the reality.    If you think what Watson did is some line that could never be crossed with NFL fans.........I think you are going to be disappointed.    But you are probably used to that by now. 

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, BarleyNY said:

No way do sponsors walk in this scenario.  The NFL literally would be unable to suspend or otherwise penalize Watson.  What could a sponsor say?  That they are cutting ties with the NFL because a neutral arbiter didn’t suspend Watson?  Or that they will cut ties with the NFL unless the NFL meets what demands exactly?  Since they legally could not penalize Watson in this case, what are you thinking?

You’re right.  It would all magically disappear.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.