Deshaun Watson admits under oath that Ashley Solis cried at the end of the massage

5 hours ago, BarleyNY said:

That's certainly possible.  I do think that Buzbee would have led with one of the strongest cases though.  The Solis case is the first and did not get settled. 

It is entirely possible that some of the four remaining are strong cases and some are weak; there are many reasons cases settle, or don’t. Each plaintiff has to make up her own mind…

16 minutes ago, mannc said:

It is entirely possible that some of the four remaining are strong cases and some are weak; there are many reasons cases settle, or don’t. Each plaintiff has to make up her own mind…

Some of these ladies may be more interested in what they perceive as justice and accountability than money. It doesn’t have to be tied to the strength of the cases. 

EDIT: There were reports that they were close to settling a while back, but some ladies objected to the strict nature of the NDA. It’s not ONLY about money. 

Edited by Augie
  • Like (+1) 5

1 minute ago, Mr. WEO said:

why do you think the ones who won't settle most likely have the weakest cases?

I don’t necessarily think that. I said it’s possible. We don’t know one way or the other.  There is probably a rough formula that the attorneys are using to settle out these cases.  For some reason, these four plaintiffs have rejected what’s been offered. They might think they have such a great case that they want to go to trial, or their case might be so weak that Watson’s team has offered them substantially less than they offered the others and they don’t want to accept a lower offer. Or these plaintiffs might have some other reason not to settle…maybe they think the offer will go up if they hold out.

1 minute ago, Augie said:

Some of these ladies may be more interested in what they perceive as justice and accountability than money. It doesn’t have to be tied to the strength of the cases. 

That’s possible too.

21 hours ago, machine gun kelly said:

I wouldn’t rule out a year as the stink on this issue is so red hot right now.  The public especially some subgroups are so up on arms that 6 games like Big Ben wouldn’t fly today.  

They are the most vocal and the politicians and media will skewer the NFL, the owners, Goodell and just about anyone else to make an issue.

The owners are Billionaires, some of the most powerful people in this country.  Do you think they can’t read the room?  They are also pissed at the Browns for making such a go awful contract with Watson that every other team is going to face the same problem when the Lamar’s of the world are up for their extensions.

Ben only getting 6 games and not being booted from the league entirely still makes me feel dirty. What a terrible human. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Niagara Bill said:

And now everyone will criticize Washington Football Team for paying out 1.6m for their owner. Browns likely paid out 10 times that much indirectly for Watson.

Harvey Weinstein is in jail.

It is hard to decide what to criticize $nyder with first since there are so many things to do so.

It would be a PERFECT team for board members who all they have to say about Bills is criticism. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, mannc said:

I don’t necessarily think that. I said it’s possible. We don’t know one way or the other.  There is probably a rough formula that the attorneys are using to settle out these cases.  For some reason, these four plaintiffs have rejected what’s been offered. They might think they have such a great case that they want to go to trial, or their case might be so weak that Watson’s team has offered them substantially less than they offered the others and they don’t want to accept a lower offer. Or these plaintiffs might have some other reason not to settle…maybe they think the offer will go up if they hold out.

That’s possible too.

When you said that more likely than not, these were weaker than the settled cases, it raised my question.  It also seems counterintuitive that the Asley Solis case in particular is more likely than not weaker than the settled cases.  She was the one where he has admitted that she was crying after their encounter. Plus Watson's lawyer has implicated him publicly saying he was seeking "happy endings" and used so many therapists in the hopes of getting them.

He's going to be suspended for the season.  

How the media and NFL promotes and treats him when all is said and done - he's going to be out of the league in 3 years.  

I do not see him playing well for the Browns anyway.  And when he wasn't down by 30, I'm not sure he was any good with Houston in 2020. 

Had the Bills D not fallen apart and the refs not blow one of the worst calls I've ever seen, he doesn't even have a playoff victory yet.  But sure.... he's "elite."   

2 hours ago, mannc said:

That’s possible too.

It makes zeeeeeeeeeeeeeeero sense that Watson would be happy to settle 20 cases but let 4 linger due to weakness.  If Walmart was trying to buy a city block to build a Superstore would they haggle with the last homeowner because they don’t like the flooring in his kitchen?

Watson’s team would 100% want all 24 and never be the obstacle on a few cases while settling the others.  If he got all 24 he’d have some plausible….if unlikely…deniability.  Leaving 4….even if it goes to trial and he wins and the judge laughs all 4 out of court…..Watson has now admitted that the other 20 had a case at some level  and he didn’t want to fight.  Settling all 24 leaves no such admission, otherwise he would have fought them all. 

What is possible is that the 20 got let’s say 500k each and the remaining 4 are demanding 5M each.  Nooooooooooooo way on Earth is Watson’s team saying well yeah the other 20 got 500 but our formula says you get 250.  That’s as possible as the Easter Bunny being real and leading the Vancouver Canucks to a game seven World Series victory in a game played on Jupiter.

2 hours ago, Mango said:

Ben only getting 6 games and not being booted from the league entirely still makes me feel dirty. What a terrible human. 

💯 

Let us not forget, even if he settles with the remaining 4, there is no guarantee that #25 and a next wave won’t appear tomorrow, next week or next month. I’m sure she’s out there somewhere. This guy was a serial predator. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

38 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

That’s as possible as the Easter Bunny being real and leading the Vancouver Canucks to a game seven World Series victory in a game played on Jupiter.

💯

So you’re saying there’s a chance?

1 hour ago, Big Blitz said:

He's going to be suspended for the season.  

How the media and NFL promotes and treats him when all is said and done - he's going to be out of the league in 3 years.  

I do not see him playing well for the Browns anyway.  And when he wasn't down by 30, I'm not sure he was any good with Houston in 2020. 

Had the Bills D not fallen apart and the refs not blow one of the worst calls I've ever seen, he doesn't even have a playoff victory yet.  But sure.... he's "elite."   

Mike Vick came back from prison after being out 2 years. Watson is a lot better than Vick.   I see no reason to believe Watson will be out of the league in 3 years.  

14 minutes ago, Albany,n.y. said:

Mike Vick came back from prison after being out 2 years. Watson is a lot better than Vick.   I see no reason to believe Watson will be out of the league in 3 years.  

It's not 2007. 

If what Vick did happened in 2022, do you think he comes back - or with any significant success?  

I'm not so sure.  

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Big Blitz said:

It's not 2007. 

If what Vick did happened in 2022, do you think he comes back - or with any significant success?  

I'm not so sure.  

Absolutely Vick comes back just like 2009.  Do you remember all the anti-Vick protests?  When the Bills played the Eagles in 2011, Vick's 3rd season back, there were still protestors across the street near the Mobil station at the corner of Abbott & Southwestern.   

25 minutes ago, Albany,n.y. said:

Absolutely Vick comes back just like 2009.  Do you remember all the anti-Vick protests?  When the Bills played the Eagles in 2011, Vick's 3rd season back, there were still protestors across the street near the Mobil station at the corner of Abbott & Southwestern.   

The scrutiny that comes with playing professional sports in 2022 is significantly more challenging and difficult than it was in 2010.  

The things he's charged with mean more today then they did 11 years ago (guilty or not).  Your toxic at this point.  11 years ago?  You were definitely an issue - at best if exonerated.  

Today?  You're toxic.  

• Like (+1) 1

Regarding suspension, the reported taking point from the NFL is that they’ve looking for a year.  At least!  Unprecedented punishment!  The NFLPA says 0 games or owners will be getting dragged.  At least 3 of them.  And court, if necessary.

So that’s how the two sides are grandstanding.  They’re probably good parameters: 0-17 games.  That range shouldn’t be a surprise.  My guess is that it’ll be about half a season along with a fine.  Maybe less games if the fine is big.  I think the fine will be important to the league so that they can throw around how unprecedented the penalty is.  Plus they can point out that he hasn’t played in a year so they can say he was out a year and a half or something to that effect. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.