Deshaun Watson admits under oath that Ashley Solis cried at the end of the massage

1 minute ago, cle23 said:

Ray Rice got 2 games, so it didn't "start" there.  It was upgraded to "indefinite" but was later overturned.  He was then blacklisted from the NFL, but not because of punishments/suspensions.

The Ray Rice debacle is inclusive of  Ray Rice only getting 2 games, after the negative fallout from that suspension new penalties are going to be harsh.

18 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

I'll be surprised if it is more than 4 games. They'll talk some bull#### about already missing an entire year as time-served.

I have little to no faith in the NFL as a business to ever do the right thing, unless that right thing also happens to make them the most money.

That would be some BS. Watson quit and played scout team safety for a year while getting paid handsomely. Ridiculous for the NFL to claim otherwise

• Like (+1) 2

25 minutes ago, BillsfaninSB said:

So what is the over/under on the NFL suspension?

I think it is a season but it would not shock me that much if the NFL goes light here and gives him 12 games. 

Full season reduced to 13 games.

• Agree 1

7 minutes ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

There was no "time served", that was Watson playing hardball with the Texans and he got paid a big check to do nada.

I think Watson gets a full season, at least.

NFL reputation for letting players get lite suspensions is over starting with the Ray Rice debacle.

I dont think that either, but we'll see what the NFL does when it's one of their stars being kept off the field.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Niagara Bill said:

Nothing like waiting until you see the wind direction before you make the call. That is real leadership. 🙄 we don't know if any suspension is going to occur.

This is not he said she said. 24 claims...what they all met on the dark web to conspire. 

Browns fans should refuse to attend games. Then let's see what reaction happens. 

BTW, if this was a 3rd string cb, he would have been gone. 

Heard on the radio that these cases will have no bearing on his suspension and that the Browns are asking for public funding to build a dome.

43 minutes ago, BillsfaninSB said:

I think it is a season but it would not shock me that much if the NFL goes light here and gives him 12 games. 

My bet is the entire season.

hmmm.

well my comment is this: whatever time he has to ultimately serve as a suspension will be a drop in the bucket compared with his victims. Their trauma may take years to recover from.  I just hope the justice he receives causes he to reflect and hopefully repent. Truly redeem himself somehow.  The money aspect of this  may be the only justice some of those victims receive.   It's shameful, its disgusting and he using his financial resources to help fix/ gloss over this situation makes me wanna hurl.   . I just am not sure how a guy who operates like he does is even capable of empathy or remorse though. I dunno.

Edited by muppy
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2

I wouldn’t rule out a year as the stink on this issue is so red hot right now.  The public especially some subgroups are so up on arms that 6 games like Big Ben wouldn’t fly today.  

They are the most vocal and the politicians and media will skewer the NFL, the owners, Goodell and just about anyone else to make an issue.

The owners are Billionaires, some of the most powerful people in this country.  Do you think they can’t read the room?  They are also pissed at the Browns for making such a go awful contract with Watson that every other team is going to face the same problem when the Lamar’s of the world are up for their extensions.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, BillsfaninSB said:

As I’ve mentioned before, 12 games isn’t light, it’s a worst case scenario. The browns would rather it be a full year. 12 games puts them out of playoff contention most likely plus his contract doesn’t toll and the browns lose a year of control. If it’s a year suspension, contract tolls and there is still 5 years on the deal beginning 2023.

• Agree 1

11 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

As I’ve mentioned before, 12 games isn’t light, it’s a worst case scenario. The browns would rather it be a full year. 12 games puts them out of playoff contention most likely plus his contract doesn’t toll and the browns lose a year of control. If it’s a year suspension, contract tolls and there is still 5 years on the deal beginning 2023.

Eisen was saying the same yesterday. Suspend him 12 or 13 games. Puts the Browns in the worst possible spot.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

So that'd be worse for the Browns, which they probably deserve, but is it worse for him?

29 minutes ago, DJB said:

Settling the cases to me is an admission of guilt. 

His time in the NFL should be over

Cases get settled every day because it costs more to fight them. I’m not saying that he’s innocent, just that the legal system often rewards people who bring suits that have little or no merit.

My guess on why there are 4 remaining cases is that they have the most merit and/or angriest plaintiffs.  The rest accepted $X each to go away.  The last 4 are looking for more than that.  

Edited by BarleyNY
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

4 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

I know the rules of evidence, ta. If they are brought as separate cases, clearly evidence from other cases is not admissable.

I was clearly talking about a scenario where they were not brought as 24 separate suits. Maybe that is the way the lawyer for the women would have proceeded but there would, I would think, be some advantage to a class action because you can establish a pattern of behaviour more easily. 

I don't think they have filed as a class .  That wouldn't make sense for the plaintiffs. 

1 hour ago, Warcodered said:

So that'd be worse for the Browns, which they probably deserve, but is it worse for him?

Hard to say , I actually think it would be easier to just start focusing on next year than to try to stay engaged until November when not allowed to practice or play. But as far as the contract goes he probably would prefer that it does not toll. 

56 minutes ago, BarleyNY said:

Cases get settled every day because it costs more to fight them. I’m not saying that he’s innocent, just that the legal system often rewards people who bring suits that have little or no merit.

My guess on why there are 4 remaining cases is that they have the most merit and/or angriest plaintiffs.  The rest accepted $X each to go away.  The last 4 are looking for more than that.  

Having gone to court 5 times with likely 1 more big one on the horizon, Watson could go to court and if he wins he could go for court costs which his legal fees would have to be paid by the other side. This has happened to me as I was taken to court, won my case and my ex had to pay my court costs as a result. 

To me he is admitting guilt and wants this all tied off before he looks worse and loses his NFL contract. 

1 hour ago, BarleyNY said:

An innocent man with 300 million earned in what would be 10 years isn't worried about legal fees to prove his innocence.

• Agree 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.