Deshaun Watson admits under oath that Ashley Solis cried at the end of the massage

With the NFL no reaction, with the Browns stupidity with guys like Clowney saying he came back only because of Watson, the NFL gets one step closer to being disgraceful. The Bills Mafia and their generousity on one side. Sooo many team owners and players on the other.

• Like (+1) 1

Obviously we don't know yet why some have settled and then 4 have not but on the surface I think it is a smart move by the lawyers for the women. I know people might think the more cases the better in court to establish the pattern of behaviour, but you only need one of the weaker cases to fall apart, either because there is a detail that is reported inconsistently or a plaintiff who goes to pieces under cross examination and suddenly the defense lawyers have a route to bring the whole thing down. 

If indeed these are 4 of the stronger cases (and with Solis among them one makes that assumption) then it definitiely increases the chance of a finding of liability.

• Like (+1) 6
  • Agree 1

12 minutes ago, Niagara Bill said:

With the NFL no reaction, with the Browns stupidity with guys like Clowney saying he came back only because of Watson, the NFL gets one step closer to being disgraceful. The Bills Mafia and their generousity on one side. Sooo many team owners and players on the other.

Lets pump the brakes.  We still don't know the length of suspension that the NFL plans to impose on Watson.

12 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Obviously we don't know yet why some have settled and then 4 have not but on the surface I think it is a smart move by the lawyers for the women. I know people might think the more cases the better in court to establish the pattern of behaviour, but you only need one of the weaker cases to fall apart, either because there is a detail that is reported inconsistently or a plaintiff who goes to pieces under cross examination and suddenly the defense lawyers have a route to bring the whole thing down. 

If indeed these are 4 of the stronger cases (and with Solis among them one makes that assumption) then it definitiely increases the chance of a finding of liability.

I don't think they would have been tried together.  If one of their stories doesn't hold up under cross, it shouldn't have much effect on another plaintiff's case.  I assume they have all been deposed.

• Agree 1

15 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

That's not how the law works.

34 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Yep

Solis is pissed and itsnt going away, she is not going to be intimidated at all.

22 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

I don't think they would have been tried together.  If one of their stories doesn't hold up under cross, it shouldn't have much effect on another plaintiff's case.  I assume they have all been deposed.

They would have not be tried together and if I were in the Watson legal camp, I would do everything I can to keep any court submissions from the other trials away from each specific case.

27 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

It is possible they could have been tried as 24 separate cases. That would be pretty unusual though. 

Admittedly, trying them as a single 24 party class action would be unusual too. 

26 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

That's not how the law works.

In a class action law suit when credibility is at stake that is exactly how it can work. You find one plaintiff's begins to fall apart and then the defense team runs with the narrative that if one of these stories falls apart how can you trust the others. 

I have seen it happen with my own eyes on multiple occasions.

48 minutes ago, TheBrownBear said:

Lets pump the brakes.  We still don't know the length of suspension that the NFL plans to impose on Watson.

Nothing like waiting until you see the wind direction before you make the call. That is real leadership. 🙄 we don't know if any suspension is going to occur.

This is not he said she said. 24 claims...what they all met on the dark web to conspire. 

Browns fans should refuse to attend games. Then let's see what reaction happens. 

BTW, if this was a 3rd string cb, he would have been gone. 

12 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

It is possible they could have been tried as 24 separate cases. That would be pretty unusual though. 

Admittedly, trying them as a single 24 party class action would be unusual too. 

In a class action law suit when credibility is at stake that is exactly how it can work. You find one plaintiff's begins to fall apart and then the defense team runs with the narrative that if one of these stories falls apart how can you trust the others. 

I have seen it happen with my own eyes on multiple occasions.

You would be well advised to read the rules of evidence before speculating on what's admissable.

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, Niagara Bill said:

BTW, if this was a 3rd string cb, he would have been gone. 

and there would be very little money to divy out. Cleveland provided those ladies with a large settlement IMO.

3 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

You would be well advised to read the rules of evidence before speculating on what's admissable.

I know the rules of evidence, ta. If they are brought as separate cases, clearly evidence from other cases is not admissable.

I was clearly talking about a scenario where they were not brought as 24 separate suits. Maybe that is the way the lawyer for the women would have proceeded but there would, I would think, be some advantage to a class action because you can establish a pattern of behaviour more easily. 

4 minutes ago, BillsfaninSB said:

So what is the over/under on the NFL suspension?

I think it is a season but it would not shock me that much if the NFL goes light here and gives him 12 games. 

I'll be surprised if it is more than 4 games. They'll talk some bull#### about already missing an entire year as time-served.

I have little to no faith in the NFL as a business to ever do the right thing, unless that right thing also happens to make them the most money.

• Agree 3

1 minute ago, DrDawkinstein said:

I'll be surprised if it is more than 4 games. They'll talk some bull#### about already missing an entire year as time-served.

I have little to no faith in the NFL as a business to ever do the right thing, unless that right thing also happens to make them the most money.

There was no "time served", that was Watson playing hardball with the Texans and he got paid a big check to do nada.

I think Watson gets a full season, at least.

NFL reputation for letting players get lite suspensions is over starting with the Ray Rice debacle.

4 minutes ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

There was no "time served", that was Watson playing hardball with the Texans and he got paid a big check to do nada.

I think Watson gets a full season, at least.

NFL reputation for letting players get lite suspensions is over starting with the Ray Rice debacle.

Ray Rice got 2 games, so it didn't "start" there.  It was upgraded to "indefinite" but was later overturned.  He was then blacklisted from the NFL, but not because of punishments/suspensions.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.