Deshaun Watson admits under oath that Ashley Solis cried at the end of the massage

19 minutes ago, CNYfan said:

I think one (1) year is light.   Not a hammer 

You suspend one player indefinitely for making a $1500 bet but are ok with someone sexually assaulting 24, and counting, women.  Glad the nfl has a hard line on gambling when it comes to players. That's about all they have a line on. 

Edited by The Wiz
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 2

9 minutes ago, The Wiz said:

You suspend one player indefinitely for making a $1500 bet but are ok with someone sexually assaulting 24, and counting, women.  Glad the nfl has a hard line on gambling when it comes to players. That's about all they have a line on. 

Isn't it 26 now?

also that's just the ones that have sued.

Edited by Warcodered

2 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

no one pressed charges or sued  Kraft.  He was arrested in a sting. 

Anyone can be sued by anyone else regardless of merit.  That isn’t a reliable litmus test for anything.  Charges were not filed against Watson.  Charges were filed against Kraft, but they were later dropped because it was determined by an appeals court that the video footage of him at the massage parlor was obtained unconstitutionality and would be inadmissible. 

7 hours ago, mannc said:

Oh, I think he’ll play again, but I don’t think he’ll ever be close to what he was. I think he’ll be mentally and emotionally shot…

How he copes will determine his future imo.  If he’s stays strong mentally, I think he’ll be a top 12 QB or better

• Vomit 1

11 minutes ago, BillsfaninSB said:

It still amazes me the Browns went all in with this guy knowing the baggage he brings and nothing resolved.  I don’t get it.

Worse.

He's on a team SOLELY because they paid him.  He wanted to be a Dolphin.  

Cleveland was nowhere on his radar until there were only 2 or 3 suitors and a guaranteed contract.  This isn't a 34 year old future hall of famer looking for one last shot at a ring.  This is a scum bag that burned down the Texans (for now), the 2021 Dolphins (possibly still I'm sure Tua is enjoying working for his employers), and now the Browns.   

The Browns front office - and Stefanski - are a complete joke.  

• Agree 1

8 hours ago, NewEra said:

How he copes will determine his future imo.  If he’s stays strong mentally, I think he’ll be a top 12 QB or better

How he copes? Stays strong mentally?  Who is the victim here? You do realize there is literally zero rehabilitation for sexual predators / addicts?  There is an extremely high probability he continues down this same path.  Stays strong mentally…puke!!!

He is accused of sexually assaulting 26 women (god knows how many didn’t report) and now will have $259M remaining on his $260M fully guaranteed contract after his one year suspension (if rumors hold true).  I’m just waiting for this guy to buy a private island and private plane and go the way of Jefferey Epstein.

Edited by TheWeatherMan
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

12 hours ago, BarleyNY said:

Anyone can be sued by anyone else regardless of merit.  That isn’t a reliable litmus test for anything.  Charges were not filed against Watson.  Charges were filed against Kraft, but they were later dropped because it was determined by an appeals court that the video footage of him at the massage parlor was obtained unconstitutionality and would be inadmissible. 

correct. but no individual sued or brought charges against Kraft, so why bring him up as an analogy to the Watson issue?

1 hour ago, Mr. WEO said:

correct. but no individual sued or brought charges against Kraft, so why bring him up as an analogy to the Watson issue?

Individuals do not bring criminal charges against others, they can only bring civil suits.  Criminal indictments are brought by grand juries or prosecutors 

As discussed, it was brought up by the NFLPA and is pertinent because of the NFL’s Personal Conduct Policy’s direction on punishments for owners and players.  I’m not going to repeat it all, but it’s in this thread. 

Also why bring up civil suits?  The PCP doesn’t even mention them. 

Edited by BarleyNY

8 hours ago, TheWeatherMan said:

How he copes? Stays strong mentally?  Who is the victim here? You do realize there is literally zero rehabilitation for sexual predators / addicts?  There is an extremely high probability he continues down this same path.  Stays strong mentally…puke!!!

He is accused of sexually assaulting 26 women (god knows how many didn’t report) and now will have $259M remaining on his $260M fully guaranteed contract after his one year suspension (if rumors hold true).  I’m just waiting for this guy to buy a private island and private plane and go the way of Jefferey Epstein.

For those of us that have actually taken the time to sink into the stories of the various Jane Does, it is rather obvious that Watson is a highly well developed, cultivated, sexual predator.  He has a specific MO and a typical target in mind with these encounters.

There is NO WAY he has just started doing this--it has to go back to his university days and taken time to develop into the system he has in place now. 

Pending the outcome of the civil litigation, he should be facing a lifetime ban from the NFL.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 8

14 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

Because owning your favorite team doesn’t mean he’s not a pervert?

I haven’t paid attention to the dialogue between you guys, but being a pervert is a bit different than doing what Watson did.  

2 minutes ago, NewEra said:

I haven’t paid attention to the dialogue between you guys, but being a pervert is a bit different than doing what Watson did.  

Kraft is a pervert and Watson is a superperv and beyond.  Kraft may not have caused the same harm as Watson but they both behaved inappropriately with women in a similar way.  The resident Pats fan says there is no comparison which is, of course, a joke.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.