Deshaun Watson admits under oath that Ashley Solis cried at the end of the massage

4 minutes ago, mannc said:

If Watson is forced to sit out another full season, I’m going to go ahead and say his career is essentially over, and the Browns might have made the worst trade in NFL history.

I don't know about career over, I think he will play again and probably be serviceable. But to miss two years and go back to playing at his previous level? That feels like a stretch, Vick did it but different type of player.

1 minute ago, GunnerBill said:

I don't know about career over, I think he will play again and probably be serviceable. But to miss two years and go back to playing at his previous level? That feels like a stretch, Vick did it but different type of player.

Yeah, I don't think his career is over by any stretch, even if he's suspended for two seasons.  He's still young and QBs play into their 40s these days.  And I don't think he'll just forget how to play football.  But yes, I'd expect there to be a bunch of rust while he gets up to speed.

The only way I do think it could be over is if the Browns lose their nerve and cut him (financial penalty probably means they can't do that because it would accelerate the dead money hit...) But if they did then while there were 4 teams in the final running for Watson this time (and the Colts would like to have made that 5 but Houston made clear no trade in division) I think the other interested parties will have looked at how things have gone since and said "no way." 

It has to work in Cleveland now I think. Or else he is done.

Edited by GunnerBill
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

35 minutes ago, TheBrownBear said:

Yeah, I don't think his career is over by any stretch, even if he's suspended for two seasons.  He's still young and QBs play into their 40s these days.  And I don't think he'll just forget how to play football.  But yes, I'd expect there to be a bunch of rust while he gets up to speed.

Oh, I think he’ll play again, but I don’t think he’ll ever be close to what he was. I think he’ll be mentally and emotionally shot…

20 minutes ago, mannc said:

Oh, I think he’ll play again, but I don’t think he’ll ever be close to what he was. I think he’ll be mentally and emotionally shot…

Agree.  Add to that the draft picks lost, his $55M cap hits and the whole distasteful situation I wonder how that will affect the

Browns upcoming free agencies.  Could players leave or potential signings from other teams shy away from joining the organization?

59 minutes ago, TheBrownBear said:

In this case that would be three years without a football “hit” taken.   That doesn’t just come back. My best guess would be he’s 80% the player he was at best. So better than average.   There would be more value in drafting a prospect.  

I hope he loses everything in payment to settle all of this, the Browns sell out, and this sets a new standard for acceptable behaviour.  He’s scum 💯 and nobody can truthfully say otherwise.  

2 minutes ago, Behindenemylines said:

In this case that would be three years without a football “hit” taken.   That doesn’t just come back. My best guess would be he’s 80% the player he was at best. So better than average.   There would be more value in drafting a prospect.  

I hope he loses everything in payment to settle all of this, the Browns sell out, and this sets a new standard for acceptable behaviour.  He’s scum 💯 and nobody can truthfully say otherwise.  

Browns have a 1st round pick in 2025.

2 hours ago, ColoradoBills said:

Browns have a 1st round pick in 2025.

Yes and they will need to hope they find a second/third rounder or another trade to rebuild after this.  Anyone with a brain knew if there are 23 people of which several others had dropped out there is 26 or 30 or 40 that could come forward.  He’s trash and that’s so apparent I can’t imagine the rationale behind this deal.  

• Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, BarleyNY said:

I agree with all of that except the single allegations part.  I’m not sure about Jones, but Kraft made multiple visits to that massage parlor and there were a multitude of women making allegations against Snyder.  Those might’ve gotten rolled up into a single charge or class action suit, but there was more than one event and woman involved in both.

no one pressed charges or sued  Kraft.  He was arrested in a sting. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.