Deshaun Watson admits under oath that Ashley Solis cried at the end of the massage

I still can't fathom a reality where any team would make this team of trade and give this kind of guaranteed money out.  Even if he was a true superstar (which he's not) why put your franchises entire future in this basket?

What's going to be even more funny is if this guy ever takes the field again he's probably not going to look anything like the QB he was in Houston and/or suffer a serious season or career ending injury right out of the gate after not playing for so long.

Shame on Cleveland for truly being desperate for relevance.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, FilthyBeast said:

I still can't fathom a reality where any team would make this team of trade and give this kind of guaranteed money out.  Even if he was a true superstar (which he's not) why put your franchises entire future in this basket?

What's going to be even more funny is if this guy ever takes the field again he's probably not going to look anything like the QB he was in Houston and/or suffer a serious season or career ending injury right out of the gate after not playing for so long.

This is the same owner who drafted Johnny manzeil because a homeless man told him to, regardless of the fact the research from his FO AND an independent consultant he hired on top of that had Derek carr as the QB pick.

17 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

This is the same owner who drafted Johnny manzeil because a homeless man told him to, regardless of the fact the research from his FO AND an independent consultant he hired on top of that had Derek carr as the QB pick.

Hmm I am sure they had Teddy Bridgewater as the guy. I am 99% certain that was the case and it was widely reported around the time. They still ignored it to pick Manziel but their research project landed on Teddy not Derek Carr.

1 hour ago, FilthyBeast said:

There’s not many times a 25 year old proven elite qb becomes available.  Let’s not forget there was a bidding war between four teams for this guy once the criminal charges were dismissed.  The Browns did what they felt they had to in order to get him to Cleveland.  Now they’ll live with the consequences.

3 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

There’s not many times a 25 year old proven elite qb becomes available.  Let’s not forget there was a bidding war between four teams for this guy once the criminal charges were dismissed.  The Browns did what they felt they had to in order to get him to Cleveland.  Now they’ll live with the consequences.

There was a bidding war initially but only one team willing to give out a fully  guaranteed contract to him. That’s the point. 

3 hours ago, Gugny said:

Who the hell told him it would be a good idea to field questions?  What a moron.

That would be my initial gut reaction BUT  if you can trust/coach up Watson to stick to his talking points, (never disrespected any woman blah blah blah) which he mostly did, I think it was a good strategy.  Lately it has been a PR disaster for Watson.    The non-stop Deshaun Watson bashing has been relentless, they had to try and change the narrative or direction  a bit to and now they can say Watson isnt afraid to take questions.

1 minute ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

That would be my initial gut reaction BUT  if you can trust/coach up Watson to stick to his talking points, (never disrespected any woman blah blah blah) which he mostly did, I think it was a good strategy.  Lately it has been a PR disaster for Watson.    The non-stop Deshaun Watson bashing has been relentless, they had to try and change the narrative or direction  a bit to and now they can say Watson isnt afraid to take questions.

I agree to an extent, but I don't think his talking points were that great.

I realize that he can't come out and apologize for his actions, for obvious reasons. 

"I do understand that I do have regrets as far as the impact that [it's had] on the community and people outside of just myself," Watson said. "And that includes my family. That includes this organization. That includes my teammates in this locker room that have to answer to these questions. That includes the fan base of the Cleveland Browns. That includes males, females, everyone across the, the world. That's one thing I do regret is the impact that it's triggered on so many people. It's tough to have to deal with."

All he's saying is that he "regrets the impact," on those tied closely to him - and on himself.  I interpret what he said as a backhanded way to call the accusers liars and to paint himself as a victim at the same time.

I still think he should just keep his mouth shut.

But as I said upstream in the thread ... I think the guy is who and what these women are saying he is and I'd be fine seeing his career come to an abrupt end.

• Like (+1) 5

2 hours ago, FilthyBeast said:

Deshaun Watson was in fact a true superstar. evidence number 1 as a Bills fan was the Texans playoff  comeback, it was almost all D Watson, he took  the team on his back and had a few borderline miraculous plays like the one where two bills  were on him and could bring him down for a sack and turned it into a big gainer.  Looks at his numbers two years ago, the man was a real superstar.

On 6/13/2022 at 1:33 PM, Captain Hindsight said:

I'm curious what the "out" is. My understanding was the contract was pretty much fully guaranteed.

I also have to wonder what Haslam would consider unacceptable number of cases. 50? 60? 70? They've already given up a lot and were willing to take on the PR nightmare at 23 cases. 24 is suddenly too many? I don't buy that

For being an Emmy winning reporter im not very impressed with this response -

“The @Brownshave built a strong out into the contract. If Watson did in fact get massages from 66 different women in 17 months, lawsuit number 24 may be just the beginning. If more criminal complaints are filed, Browns may decide it is just not worth it…”

- ok??? If you have that information don't you think it'd be pertinent to the story lol she either has nothing orrrr just didn't feel like sharing? Weird

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

Deshaun Watson was in fact a true superstar. evidence number 1 as a Bills fan was the Texans playoff  comeback, it was almost all D Watson, he took  the team on his back and had a few borderline miraculous plays like the one where two bills  were on him and could bring him down for a sack and turned it into a big gainer.  Looks at his numbers two years ago, the man was a real superstar.

I still disagree, he's a good player but nowhere close to elite and the highlight of his career is winning a PO game against us that you can argue was also lost because of poor coaching.

But aside from the fact, you still don't make this type of move regardless of his ability unless you are 100% sure he's cleared or going to be cleared of any wrong doing.

3 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

Again it's debatable whether or not he's truly elite and he's going to have a huge target on his back the rest of his career assuming he ever plays again to begin with.

2 hours ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

Super star is a bit bold.

very good QB.

At the end of 2020 there were a bunch who were better than him:

Mahomes, Josh, Rodgers, Brady, Rus.

Then you can argue guys like Lamar, Dak, Stafford.

This doesn't even include guys like Herbert and burrow as they were a bit young then.

Right now he comes in as what, 8-11 range? Assuming he gets his old form back.

12 hours ago, BillsFan130 said:

Super star is a bit bold.

very good QB.

At the end of 2020 there were a bunch who were better than him:

Mahomes, Josh, Rodgers, Brady, Rus.

Then you can argue guys like Lamar, Dak, Stafford.

This doesn't even include guys like Herbert and burrow as they were a bit young then.

Right now he comes in as what, 8-11 range? Assuming he gets his old form back.

At the end of 2020, Watson had the highest QBR in the league, with a much worse supporting cast than most of the guys you listed.  Led the league in yards,  and also had 33/7 TD to INT.

Obviously none of that excuses anything he is accused of,  but let's stop acting like he was a middle of the road QB before all this. 

Edited by cle23
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

14 hours ago, Gugny said:

I agree to an extent, but I don't think his talking points were that great.

I realize that he can't come out and apologize for his actions, for obvious reasons. 

"I do understand that I do have regrets as far as the impact that [it's had] on the community and people outside of just myself," Watson said. "And that includes my family. That includes this organization. That includes my teammates in this locker room that have to answer to these questions. That includes the fan base of the Cleveland Browns. That includes males, females, everyone across the, the world. That's one thing I do regret is the impact that it's triggered on so many people. It's tough to have to deal with."

All he's saying is that he "regrets the impact," on those tied closely to him - and on himself.  I interpret what he said as a backhanded way to call the accusers liars and to paint himself as a victim at the same time.

I still think he should just keep his mouth shut.

But as I said upstream in the thread ... I think the guy is who and what these women are saying he is and I'd be fine seeing his career come to an abrupt end.

It is Watson’s sheer arrogance that sickens me.  If one or two women file suit against you or make complaints, you say what he’s been saying.  But 26, with multiple other unfiled complaints?  Umm, dude, you are the problem, not them.  It’s not true that he can’t “apologize” because the suits are pending.  He could certainly apologize for not realizing that his “completely legitimate preferences” (in his mind, not mine) were offensive to some.

But that’s not how people are coached to act these days.  I won’t get political, but this is the era of “deny, deny, deny” and then try to actually change the definition of what “truth” is.

I hope Watson never sees the field again.

• Like (+1) 3

15 hours ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

for one season.  

1 hour ago, cle23 said:

At the end of 2020, Watson had the highest QBR in the league, with a much worse supporting cast than most of the guys you listed.  Led the league in yards,  and also had 33/7 TD to INT.

Obviously none of that excuses anything he is accused of,  but let's stop acting like he was a middle of the road QB before all this. 

On a garbage team and Half those stats came when they were down 3-4 touchdowns.

Kirk cousins also puts up very pretty numbers but I don't think anyone is calling him a superstar.

But You're right, He wasn't a middle of the road QB.

He was a good to maybe very good QB.

But he certainly wasn't a superstar 

Edited by BillsFan130
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Disagree 3

1 hour ago, cle23 said:

Look at how lopsided his splits are between behind, tied and ahead.  26 of his TD's were when he was behind on 367 attempts.  They were a 4-12 and behind a lot, especially late in games.

Not to mention the Texans averaged 24 points per game which is slightly below average.  

image.thumb.png.a73d27b9635296ad832b76ff0349e49e.pngimage.thumb.png.c4c366a01bf6da194bca03fa8d8295da.png

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.