Deshaun Watson admits under oath that Ashley Solis cried at the end of the massage

10 minutes ago, Dopey said:

I'm curious what the "out" is. My understanding was the contract was pretty much fully guaranteed.

I also have to wonder what Haslam would consider unacceptable number of cases. 50? 60? 70? They've already given up a lot and were willing to take on the PR nightmare at 23 cases. 24 is suddenly too many? I don't buy that

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

Holy *****. 66 therapists in 17 months. That's insane.

Put it this way, I really enjoy a steak. A few years ago my wife said I should probably cut back on my red meat consumption. My wife scares me so I did, and now only have maybe 2 a month, which I thought was still a lot (I like a BIG steak). Over 17 months that equates to 34 steaks.

So Watson had THIRTY TWO MORE different therapists than I had steaks.

This tells me either Watson is just clear cut ADDICTED to this behavior or my wife was talking crap. Maybe both are true

4 minutes ago, Captain Hindsight said:

I'm curious what the "out" is. My understanding was the contract was pretty much fully guaranteed.

I also have to wonder what Haslam would consider unacceptable number of cases. 50? 60? 70? They've already given up a lot and were willing to take on the PR nightmare at 23 cases. 24 is suddenly too many? I don't buy that

I thought it was "fully" guaranteed too.

🤔 

Deshaun Watson Allegedly Had A ‘Towel Trick’ At His Massages That Could Become Major Issues In Lawsuits

I thought maybe this would involve Watson shouting "abracadabra!" and then producing a long string of different colored towels from his underwear.

The truth is much more sinister...

https://www.totalprosports.com/2022/06/10/deshaun-watson-allegedly-had-a-towel-trick-at-his-massages-that-have-become-major-issues-in-lawsuits/

• Vomit 1

21 minutes ago, RobbRiddick said:

Deshaun Watson Allegedly Had A ‘Towel Trick’ At His Massages That Could Become Major Issues In Lawsuits

I thought maybe this would involve Watson shouting "abracadabra!" and then producing a long string of different colored towels from his underwear.

https://www.totalprosports.com/2022/06/10/deshaun-watson-allegedly-had-a-towel-trick-at-his-massages-that-have-become-major-issues-in-lawsuits/

No no...that was in Half Baked...

Abra...Cadabra...

AbraCadabra!

You know...all the cool kids are saying it...

"So here is the way it's going to go down...I'm going to take your litle Mexican friend here and I'm gonna kill him!"

"Yo, I'm Cuban, B!"

"Yes! Cuban B!!"

😂😂😂

Edited by Big Turk

11 minutes ago, RobbRiddick said:

Quick Draw McGraw. 

1691918617_quickdraw.thumb.png.2a4fe348ca16d17550ce48d9efa88d37.png

25 minutes ago, RobbRiddick said:

He is one sick :censored:

• Like (+1) 1

If I recall correctly - only 1 million of his contract is payable this season.  The Browns and Watson's camp knew very well that he could be suspended for a part or all of this season and they constructed their contract accordingly. The NFL can suspend him for a full season, and he'll still get $229 million and the rioters at the gates will be satisfied.

Edited by DasNootz
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, RobbRiddick said:

• Haha (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Captain Hindsight said:

The contract was guaranteed for the cases he documented with him.  As a result of how it was processed and investigated a lot more cases which are not covered by his contract are being revealed.  He also probably lied to them which in most employer contracts is reason for termination.

• Like (+1) 1

The contract was guaranteed for the cases he documented with him.  As a result of how it was processed and investigated a lot more cases which are not covered by his contract are being revealed.  He also probably lied to them which in most employer contracts is reason for termination.

Well now I don’t know if to give the browns credit for putting that in or being dumb enough to think there wouldn’t be more cases 

18 hours ago, RobbRiddick said:

Holy *****. 66 therapists in 17 months. That's insane.

Put it this way, I really enjoy a steak. A few years ago my wife said I should probably cut back on my red meat consumption. My wife scares me so I did, and now only have maybe 2 a month, which I thought was still a lot (I like a BIG steak). Over 17 months that equates to 34 steaks.

So Watson had THIRTY TWO MORE different therapists than I had steaks.

This tells me either Watson is just clear cut ADDICTED to this behavior or my wife was talking crap. Maybe both are true

My guess is that as the cases continue to mount and public opinion continues to rage against Watson and the Browns for having traded for him and signed him to such a lucrative contract -- the spin will definitely be that he is an "addict". At a minimum, I would think that the Browns (WITHOUT being forced to by the NFL) would want to put Watson on a leave of absence to get these legal issues squared away -- and then hope that things settle down by 2023.

It will be interesting to see if the Browns truly have an "out" here. I would think that some clever attorneys would be able to identify language in the contract that gets the Browns off the hook -- essentially a "termination for cause" type of thing. It would also be interesting to discover whether the Browns jumped the gun on the trade and contract without due diligence in further investigating -- or if they actually did investigations and were willing to go through with the trade knowing to some extent what else would eventually come out. The former is stupidity, and the latter is disgraceful.

In some ways it reminds me of what the Ravens did with Ray Rice -- they were willing to go to bat for him KNOWING fully well that he had physically abused his girlfriend. It wasn't until the video was released that the outcry was so great that they had no choice but to cut ties with him. The video did not provide any new information -- just a visual of what everyone knew had transpired. In Watson's case, there may not be video evidence -- but the detailed affidavits of the various victims spells out the horrific things that Watson has been accused of -- which should make it increasingly difficult for the Browns to have any thought of entering the season with him as their QB.

• Like (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.