Deshaun Watson admits under oath that Ashley Solis cried at the end of the massage

16 minutes ago, BarleyNY said:

Baker can’t hold out.  If he did, the Browns would just void his contract.  They’d love for that to be the outcome, but I can’t see Mayfield giving up $18.9M to become a free agent.  I don’t see him ever playing for the Browns again, but he can’t hold out. 

They excused him from mandatory OTAs, I bet they do the same thing for TC

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Captain Hindsight said:

They excused him from mandatory OTAs, I bet they do the same thing for TC

That is a great question.  The Browns will still need him to restructure his contract to eat some of his salary so they don’t want to escalate the situation too far.  They also don’t want him to get injured at the facility.  Mayfield might actually want to come to TC though - even if excused - and the Browns really can’t prevent him from doing so as long as he’s on the team.  It’ll be interesting to see how this plays out.

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, BarleyNY said:

That is a great question.  The Browns will still need him to restructure his contract to eat some of his salary so they don’t want to escalate the situation too far.  They also don’t want him to get injured at the facility.  Mayfield might actually want to come to TC though - even if excused - and the Browns really can’t prevent him from doing so as long as he’s on the team.  It’ll be interesting to see how this plays out.

I'd be surprised if Mayfield ever sets foot in the Browns facility again. To a lesser extent its whats happening with Jimmy G in SF. They decided to move on, no sense in trying to make the relationship work for what will ultimately be a short time 

Same thing the Bills did with Bledsoe and JP. Should the Bills have kept Bledose in case JP didnt play well? Yeah maybe, but it was decided they would be moving on so everyone parted ways. 

I get why Cleveland hasn't released him, but its only a matter of time. I think its more likely he spends a year as the 3rd QB, than starts for them 

1 hour ago, Captain Hindsight said:

I'd be surprised if Mayfield ever sets foot in the Browns facility again. To a lesser extent its whats happening with Jimmy G in SF. They decided to move on, no sense in trying to make the relationship work for what will ultimately be a short time 

Same thing the Bills did with Bledsoe and JP. Should the Bills have kept Bledose in case JP didnt play well? Yeah maybe, but it was decided they would be moving on so everyone parted ways. 

I get why Cleveland hasn't released him, but its only a matter of time. I think its more likely he spends a year as the 3rd QB, than starts for them 

Agree. They are separated, and now just waiting to file the official divorce papers. 

• Agree 1

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/2022/06/10/deshaun-watson-police-detective-crimes-lawsuits-massages-houston/7586814001/

“Did you feel confident that you had the evidence needed to pursue those charges?” Baker was asked in the deposition.

“Yes,” Baker said.

“And was there any doubt in your mind as the investigating officer that a crime had occurred?”

“No,” Baker said.

Things continuing to be looking up for Watson.

11 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

Even if the Browns can somehow get out of this with only a small financial penalty, losing multiple picks including 3 - 1st round picks is going to kill them.  

• Like (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/2022/06/10/deshaun-watson-police-detective-crimes-lawsuits-massages-houston/7586814001/                                                                    

“Did you feel confident that you had the evidence needed to pursue those charges?” Baker was asked in the deposition.

“Yes,” Baker said.

“And was there any doubt in your mind as the investigating officer that a crime had occurred?”

“No,” Baker said.

Baker determined to sabotage his team on the way out.  Good for him.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 3

4 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

An enterprising young Clevelander woman could make serious bank by setting up a massage table and hiding some cameras in a strategically  located Cheesecake Factory parking lot.

• Haha (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

An enterprising young Clevelander woman could make serious bank by setting up a massage table and hiding some cameras in a strategically  located Cheesecake Factory parking lot.

That is weirdly specific.

1 hour ago, Warcodered said:

"Did you feel confident that you had the evidence needed to pursue those charges?” Baker was asked in the deposition.

“Yes,” Baker said.

“No,” Baker said.

I guess Baker Mayfield still does want that Browns QB job....

10 hours ago, Warcodered said:

The detective, Kamesha Baker, said she expressed her opinion to the Harris County District Attorney’s Office. But she wasn't called to testify before the grand jury in Harris County, Texas, and doesn’t know why the grand jury didn’t indict the Cleveland Browns quarterback on criminal charges. She said she believed Watson committed criminal indecent assault, sexual assault and prostitution in cases where money was exchanged and there was consensual sex.

After hearing the prosecutors worked with Watson’s lawyer s and the Texans and now this, it’s starting to feel more and more like the prosecutor just didn’t want to get a grand jury indictment. 

10 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

this is a police officer who investigated Watson saying that stuff. See above.

8 minutes ago, BillsFan4 said:

After hearing the prosecutors worked with Watson’s lawyer s and the Texans and now this, it’s starting to feel more and more like the prosecutor just didn’t want to get a grand jury indictment. 

That is just wrong. Maybe voters will elect a new DA.

I wonder with everything that is out now if they would so easily assist in sweeping this under the rug?

• Like (+1) 1

Football is king in state of Texas.  The McNair family is one the made families in Texas.  Look at the list of Texas athletes and Texas celebrities Rusty Hardin has represented.  Trace the political money and back scratching between them all.

I lived in Texas for almost 10 years, this isn’t hard to connect the dots on why Watson wasn’t charged.

Edited by Billsflyer12

14 minutes ago, Billsflyer12 said:

Football is king in state of Texas.  The McNair family is one the made families in Texas.  Look at the list of Texas athletes and Texas celebrities Rusty Hardin has represented.  Trace the political money and back scratching between them all.

I lived in Texas for almost 10 years, this isn’t hard to connect the dots on why Watson wasn’t charged.

Texas is receiving a ton of publicity lately. And it's not good pub either.  I like Austin and SXSW festival but the rest of the state is a total mess. I'd never want to live there. 

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, muppy said:

Texas is receiving a ton of publicity lately. And it's not good pub either.  I like Austin and SXSW festival but the rest of the state is a total mess. I'd never want to live there. 

We decided we couldn’t raise our kids in that state anymore and left.  That was a decade ago, and it’s worse now.  

If you have ever lived there it’s not hard to figure out how this all works with regards to football and life.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.