Deshaun Watson admits under oath that Ashley Solis cried at the end of the massage

11 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

The Texans have no obligation to disclose what they did or didn't know.

The Texans are starting to look like the smart team here. It’s on the Browns to do their due diligence.

Only the Browns could create a situation like that! It will never be right with Haslam in charge. I don’t know what I’d do. Find a new team? Focus on college? If I were a Browns fan, it would be a real dilemma. 

17 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

The Texans have no obligation to disclose what they did or didn't know.

I would think that if the NFL didn’t like the Texans’ supplying an NDA or the hotel membership and how that played into accusations against Watson, they could at least ask the Texans about it all. 

51 minutes ago, WotAGuy said:

I would think that if the NFL didn’t like the Texans’ supplying an NDA or the hotel membership and how that played into accusations against Watson, they could at least ask the Texans about it all. 

I would guess that NDAs are pretty common when celebrities celebrities hire people so I really don't think one can make a big deal about it.  I don't understand the hotel business though.

15 minutes ago, Billy Claude said:

I would guess that NDAs are pretty common when celebrities celebrities hire people so I really don't think one can make a big deal about it.  I don't understand the hotel business though.

NDAs aren’t unusual but the circumstances of how and why one was left for Watson to use may be unusual and of interest. 

5 hours ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

If more women come forward not only does that open Watson up for more punishment but it also opens him up for criminal charges again.

Its a huge deal if more women come forward after the contract was signed. More women could give the Browns an out. 

Wouldn’t put it past the Browns to encourage other women to come forward to get them out of this contract. 

7 minutes ago, TBBills said:

What was the magical number for Browns to get out? 45?

Can you imagine the fallout when they say “there were X number more women than were disclosed and we are opting out based upon new information.”   

the legal fallout alone, and this is then a basic admission they feel Watson is a Perv to a degree they can’t handle.  I bet it’s sell the franchise and sorry Cleveland California needs another team.   

It would be an NFL soap Opera 

• Agree 1

5 hours ago, Mango said:

3 year suspension. Just in time for his cap number to screw them over once they finally get their first round picks back. I have heard his contract is pretty iron clad against any suspensions. So I don't know why he would ever restructure. 

I think there is zero chance of a 3 year suspension.  He'd be more likely to be banned for life than 3 years,  which would essentially void the contract.  He has some protections in year 1 and 2, but it was to instances solely disclosed to the club at signing. So any new instances could void it if he is suspended. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Behindenemylines said:

Can you imagine the fallout when they say “there were X number more women than were disclosed and we are opting out based upon new information.”   

the legal fallout alone, and this is then a basic admission they feel Watson is a Perv to a degree they can’t handle.  I bet it’s sell the franchise and sorry Cleveland California needs another team.   

It would be an NFL soap Opera 

Oh yeah the 23 women was was ok , BUT 24 NO way any decent organization even like the Browns can’t deal with 

Edited by Putin

8 hours ago, WotAGuy said:

They could. And they could sanction the Texans. They couldn't rescind the trade. 

3 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

You’re not understanding? 23 women no indictment. More women and it can be opened back up for charges. 

It isn't quite that simple, we don't know that the criminal investigation was specific to the same 23 cases, we know that the grand jury only had a limited number of cases in front of it, but we don't know the scope of the criminal investigation that preceded the grand jury. It isn't impossible that the 23rd or 24th case is one that law enforcement was totally unaware of, but it also isn't a given either. 

On 6/9/2022 at 8:37 AM, Mango said:

Oh man. That’s a great point. I guess it would be awesome to see Baker keeping holding out and Watson make it though all of training camp and after preseason game comes an indefinite suspension. 

Baker can’t hold out.  If he did, the Browns would just void his contract.  They’d love for that to be the outcome, but I can’t see Mayfield giving up $18.9M to become a free agent.  I don’t see him ever playing for the Browns again, but he can’t hold out. 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.