Deshaun Watson admits under oath that Ashley Solis cried at the end of the massage

5 hours ago, Augie said:

This is Haslam showing you what he’s truly capable of when he’s got his A Game!   :)

….those poor Browns fans. We have room on our bandwagon for them, don’t we? I honestly feel badly for the fans. This is almost as bad as having the team move away. Again. But they are still there, and you just can’t root for the team, it’s QB or the owner. OK, Maybe this is worse than moving……

I feel bad for those fans that can admit he’s dirt.  Those that defend him deserve every ounce of pain they should inevitably feel.  But I still feel he’s going to get a slap on the wrist, which is anything less than a 2 year suspension imo.    

• Thank you (+1) 1

On 6/7/2022 at 8:33 PM, Behindenemylines said:

True however there are multiple layers of consent, many of which generate from fear driving the situation, not actual agreement.  Not sure who made the statement but it was along the lines of 3 or 4 of the now 24 are truthful and the others are all lying.  That’s such a load because the attorneys vet this stuff incredibly well because anything can kill there case. Keep in mind the payouts here are in the 10s of millions so no way do they let alleged victims slide by.   Also it’s statistically improbable to have 24 people all have a similar story unless they all got together to make it up. Even then that lie would have been brought forth already. I’m betting at least 95% of these women are telling a truthful version as they perceived it.  

if youve ever had a friend or family affected by this type of behaviour you would understand the guilt to disbelief ratio.  And I pray you never do have to experience it.  

from my perspective this guy is guilty as hell and no I’m no attorney but if It smells like trash, looks like trash, and is thrown in the trash barrel….well it’s trash. 

That was the same guy you were replying to about the consent comment. He's strangely silent now.

• Like (+1) 2

11 hours ago, BigdaddyinOrlando said:

I think the way this is growing out of control on new information and allegations, I actually am glad they already haven’t acted and I bet they are as well. Might as well wait till as much as possible comes out and then drop the hammer and bury him and the Browns in one fell swoop. JMO

Oh man. That’s a great point. I guess it would be awesome to see Baker keeping holding out and Watson make it though all of training camp and after preseason game comes an indefinite suspension. 

29 minutes ago, Mango said:

Oh man. That’s a great point. I guess it would be awesome to see Baker keeping holding out and Watson make it though all of training camp and after preseason game comes an indefinite suspension. 

I love seeing this too. Browns should pay a big price for not only hiring this guy but for setting a new low for acceptable behaviour.   I’m thinking plaintiff attorneys knew all along about the Texans involvement and were waiting for the right time i.e. Watson getting a mega deal then they bring in Texans to the suit. Adds a ton of leverage in hammering Browns, Texans, the Hotel and Watson. I would t be surprised to see the NFL brought into it if Watson not suspended for a year + under the assumption they knew about all of this and didn’t act earlier to stop Watson or the trade.  

Getting interesting for sure!

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Behindenemylines said:

I love seeing this too. Browns should pay a big price for not only hiring this guy but for setting a new low for acceptable behaviour.   I’m thinking plaintiff attorneys knew all along about the Texans involvement and were waiting for the right time i.e. Watson getting a mega deal then they bring in Texans to the suit. Adds a ton of leverage in hammering Browns, Texans, the Hotel and Watson. I would t be surprised to see the NFL brought into it if Watson not suspended for a year + under the assumption they knew about all of this and didn’t act earlier to stop Watson or the trade.  

Getting interesting for sure!

With Watson chewing up so much of the salary cap and not having 3 first round picks....their future looks extremely bleak.  

• Like (+1) 1

11 hours ago, Augie said:

That is not an answer at all. 

What is the next move? How do you get ahead of this? 

Give us an actual answer. What is next? 

Sensible people will look for a way to de-escalate the situation. A standoff serves nobody. 

Don’t complain, don’t be a whiner, provide an ANSWER. 

I'm not sure how my answer is perceived as a complaint or whining.  But anyway...

Apologizing at this point would be meaningless.  There is no way he can "get ahead of this"--the time for that was long ago.  Dozens of lawsuits claiming the same behavior.  His own lawyer implying his guilt publicly.  This is all out of his control at this point.  He's just waiting for endless shoes to drop as more women come forward.

Obviously, "what is next" is  a massive settlement offer to avoid trial(s).  

And your claim that simply apologizing may keep him out of jail is just bizarre.  "oops, sorry!" won't have a persuasive effect in court.

6 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

I'm not sure how my answer is perceived as a complaint or whining.  But anyway...

Apologizing at this point would be meaningless.  There is no way he can "get ahead of this"--the time for that was long ago.  Dozens of lawsuits claiming the same behavior.  His own lawyer implying his guilt publicly.  This is all out of his control at this point.  He's just waiting for endless shoes to drop as more women come forward.

Obviously, "what is next" is  a massive settlement offer to avoid trial(s).  

And your claim that simply apologizing may keep him out of jail is just bizarre.  "oops, sorry!" won't have a persuasive effect in court.

There is criminal court, civil court, and the court of public opinion.  Continuing to be a senseless jerk helps him in none of those venues. No, he can’t “get ahead of this”, but he can stop getting farther behind it. To do the right thing is a start, even if it’s clearly too late. It’s the only realistic path out of this for him that I can see. 

I never said “oops, sorry” would keep him out of jail. I believe a well constructed conciliatory statement is the proper way to proceed, if done wisely. 

What do you suggest? That he continues on this path of doom? 

EDIT: This goes for more than Watson. We are very forgiving as long as people come clean. Look at Tiger Woods cheating on his wife with a Denny’s hostess and countless others, or someone who got snagged for using PED’s. What is the first step? It may or may not be true, but you admit you messed up.”I apparently have a problem, and I’m seeking help”. Or, “I didn’t know that contained something on the banned list, and I’ll make sure not to do that again”.  We forgive almost anything, as long as you stop lying to us.  Watson should be trying to succeed in the criminal and civil courts AND the court of public opinion. He’s the face of a multi-billion dollar operation, like it or not. He should be trying to win back some Browns fans as well. 

Edited by Augie
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

With Watson chewing up so much of the salary cap and not having 3 first round picks....their future looks extremely bleak.  

Honestly the only thing I think you could do at that situation is concede defeat and trade off every single salary and good player and commit to nothing but the draft for the next 5 years. You have to load up on as many picks as possible to make up for your crap salary cap and no first round picks. 

36 minutes ago, Mango said:

Honestly the only thing I think you could do at that situation is concede defeat and trade off every single salary and good player and commit to nothing but the draft for the next 5 years. You have to load up on as many picks as possible to make up for your crap salary cap and no first round picks. 

The Browns have the most cap in the league right now.  It'll change some next year with a higher cap hit from Watson and a few others, but if he is suspended, he likely won't get paid, and won't count towards the cap.  Obviously the draft picks hurt.  Plus, they're carrying $19M on Mayfield right now that'll drop off when he is traded, or worst case, at the end of the year when he becomes a FA.

Edited by cle23

1 hour ago, Augie said:

There is criminal court, civil court, and the court of public opinion.  Continuing to be a senseless jerk helps him in none of those venues. No, he can’t “get ahead of this”, but he can stop getting farther behind it. To do the right thing is a start, even if it’s clearly too late. It’s the only realistic path out of this for him that I can see. 

I never said “oops, sorry” would keep him out of jail. I believe a well constructed conciliatory statement is the proper way to proceed, if done wisely. 

What do you suggest? That he continues on this path of doom? 

You did “in fact” suggest apologizing would keep him out of “jail”

Again, he can’t mitigate his troubles by apologizing at this point.

The only thing he can do is admit guilt and settle with these women.  It’s really that simple.  Nothing else helps him.

• Eyeroll 1

1 hour ago, BUFFALOBART said:

With lawsuits 23, and 24, for the Browns sake, they'd better have had contractual clauses regarding transparency, in case Watson 'forgot' about other women. Watson could be conceivably, be cut. This sch!tt show is just getting under way....

Watson isn’t getting cut. From what I’ve read that contract has no outs for the Browns. It’s truly an awful deal from their side. Even if he just played poorly, but this is a whole new level

1 hour ago, Mr. WEO said:

You did “in fact” suggest apologizing would keep him out of “jail”

Again, he can’t mitigate his troubles by apologizing at this point.

The only thing he can do is admit guilt and settle with these women.  It’s really that simple.  Nothing else helps him.

All of the above. It is my belief that at least some of these women are in it for more than just the money. I think some of them will be easier to make go away with some show of contrition.  In fact, I think some filed suit because he refused to do this. We can agree to disagree. 

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Captain Hindsight said:

Watson isn’t getting cut. From what I’ve read that contract has no outs for the Browns. It’s truly an awful deal from their side. Even if he just played poorly, but this is a whole new level

I read somewhere that they might be able to get the guaranteed money back and the bonus money back if there are more women that come forward. The 24th woman could cause a lot of problems for Watson if she was unknown before the contract was signed.

If that’s true the Browns can simply cut Watson without much cap penalty.

Edited by Buffalo_Stampede

I’m of the mindset that the NFL is listening to the other 31 owners mad about the fully guaranteed contract, thus waiting to see where the chips fall. If/when the hammer falls it’s going to swing some bargaining power back towards owners to look at a QB wanting a Waston-type contract and say “after all that crap? No way.”

it’s going to be a mini-reset on the market, but only back to what it was before this idiotic contract came out. No team is going to pay their QB until this situation plays out

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.