Deshaun Watson admits under oath that Ashley Solis cried at the end of the massage

For those that were consistently saying the women were just coming forward for a money grab, care to explain those mentioned in the article that came forward with their story, but did not file a suit nor give their name?

Let me guess, they are just looking to hurt men and “manipulate” any way they can??

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, cle23 said:

If the Texans knew and hid this all while providing the non-disclosures, then the trade should be voided.  That's like selling a business with millions in hidden debt.

I don't think the Browns will get very far in the argument that the Texans hid skeletons in his closet of the guy who was already publicly facing 22 accusations. Did they hide things before sure, after those accusations came out and he was no longer willing to play for the team no.

Edited by Warcodered
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

21 minutes ago, cle23 said:

If the Texans knew and hid this all while providing the non-disclosures, then the trade should be voided.  That's like selling a business with millions in hidden debt.

I don't know about that, but it's not a good look for them.  Whether that could be a basis to void the trade would depend on a whole lot of things, like the extent of their knowledge, what they disclosed to the Browns, and of course, what are legitimate grounds to void a trade under league rules.  I mean, just based on the publicly available information, the Browns certainly knew they were trading for a lowlife pervert, or if they didn't, they're complete idiots.    

Edited by mannc

8 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

I don't think the Browns will get very far in the argument that the Texans hid skeletons in his closet of the guy who was already publicly facing 22 accusations. Did they hide things before sure, after those accusations came out and he was no longer willing to play for the team no.

Caveat emptor, especially when it’s already a VERY public issue.

Only ONE team was stupid enough to make that trade and give him that contract. Only ONE owner is THAT much of an idiot. 

I just texted condolences to my Browns fan buddy. I think he still has his head in the sand, but I’m not sure if he was aware of lady #24 and the story. 

I think sports talk shows are probably the ONLY ones who don’t just want this to be over. Even Watson’s attorney, the guy collecting fees, should want this to be over because, while he’s making a name for himself……..it’s certainly not putting him in a positive light. 

On 6/5/2022 at 9:52 PM, Big Turk said:

Regretting something after the fact does not make it illegal if it was consented to while it happened.

True however there are multiple layers of consent, many of which generate from fear driving the situation, not actual agreement.  Not sure who made the statement but it was along the lines of 3 or 4 of the now 24 are truthful and the others are all lying.  That’s such a load because the attorneys vet this stuff incredibly well because anything can kill there case. Keep in mind the payouts here are in the 10s of millions so no way do they let alleged victims slide by.   Also it’s statistically improbable to have 24 people all have a similar story unless they all got together to make it up. Even then that lie would have been brought forth already. I’m betting at least 95% of these women are telling a truthful version as they perceived it.  

if youve ever had a friend or family affected by this type of behaviour you would understand the guilt to disbelief ratio.  And I pray you never do have to experience it.  

from my perspective this guy is guilty as hell and no I’m no attorney but if It smells like trash, looks like trash, and is thrown in the trash barrel….well it’s trash. 

2 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

Yeah, whoever prepped him and told him to say things like "it wasn't a/my priority," made a terrible decision.

Depends on how you look at it.  The intent here by the defense is probably to show by not caring about their skill level it was obvious that this was really never about giving a massage, and more of a consensual hook up.

I mean they don't have a lot to work with here.  Its fairly obvious the guy is a pervert. 

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Im wondering why the NFL didn’t step in and suspend Watson before he was traded to Cleveland? Players have been suspended before without ever being charged with a crime. So with his large civil case still growing why didn’t the NFL step in like they normally do?

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/09/11/nfl-isnt-taking-action-against-deshaun-watson-because-it-doesnt-have-to/amp/

they didn’t have to because they knew he wouldn’t be taking the field …and won’t be making the decision until that time. Breer said to expect the decision in July. 

Edited by YoloinOhio

1 minute ago, YoloinOhio said:

I understand that, but the NFL has stepped in before. Like when Mike Vick nearly signed in Buffalo. The NFL didn’t want Mike Vick as a face of the franchise immediately after getting released from jail. 

I guess that’s different but it’s all about PR. The whole Watson trade seemed dirty without his civil cases settled.

Deshaun Watson seemingly reacts to latest report, Texans' alleged role

Deshaun Watson seemingly reacted to the latest bombshell report describing how the Houston Texans played a role in enabling the quarterback’s alleged behavior, including providing him with nondisclosure agreements and a venue for his massage habit.

The Texans provided Watson a membership at an "upscale" hotel where he met at least seven women for appointments and overall booked at least 66 massage appointments within a 17-month span, the New York Times reported Tuesday.

https://www.foxnews.com/sports/deshaun-watson-reacts-report-texans-alleged-role

2 hours ago, thenorthremembers said:

Depends on how you look at it.  The intent here by the defense is probably to show by not caring about their skill level it was obvious that this was really never about giving a massage, and more of a consensual hook up.

I mean they don't have a lot to work with here.  Its fairly obvious the guy is a pervert. 

They also want us to believe it’s all about money. Money plays a role but many athletes have sex with a lot of women and manage not to get sued or accused of sexual assault.

3 hours ago, cle23 said:

Cleveland said they did their research.  They should’ve done more.  

Your team made a huge mistake and they deserve to feel the wrath of committing such a terrible mistake.  To trade all of those picks is one thing…..but to then give him that utterly ridiculous contract….  Oh man. 

They deserve pain.  I feel bad for you guys as fans but I think he’s still going to get a slap on the wrist compared to what he should get.  A lifetime ban or minimum 2 year suspension imo. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.