Deshaun Watson admits under oath that Ashley Solis cried at the end of the massage

4 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

My guess is he did and Hardin wants to make it look like this case came up out of the blue to portray it as a money grab.

It’s also possible that Watson tried to name them all but that there were so many that he forgot a few.

Worst case for browns isn’t a full season suspension, it is 12 games. If he’s out for the year, his contract tolls and they get the small cap hit for him next year and keep the 5 years of control. 12 game suspension would put them out of contention this year AND his contract doesn’t toll, so they move into 4 straight years of $55 mill cap hits, 2 of which they have no 1st round pick.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Worst case for browns isn’t a full season suspension, it is 12 games. If he’s out for the year, his contract tolls and they get the small cap hit for him next year and keep the 5 years of control. 12 game suspension would put them out of contention this year AND his contract doesn’t toll, so they move into 4 straight years of $55 mill cap hits, 2 of which they have no 1st round pick.

Good point.  But if Watson is suspended for a full season—on top of playing zero football for the past 18 months—I think the guy’s career is pretty much in the toilet. As it is, I don’t think Watson will ever be what he was before he was revealed to be a perverted menace to massage therapists.  As we’ve learned, playing QB in the NFL is as much about leadership as anything, and a guy like this is never going to lead an NFL franchise again.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, mannc said:

Good point.  But if Watson is suspended for a full season—on top of playing zero football for the past 18 months—I think the guy’s career is pretty much in the toilet. As it is, I don’t think Watson will ever be what he was before he was revealed to be a perverted menace to massage therapists.  As we’ve learned, playing QB in the NFL is as much about leadership as anything, and a guy like this is never going to lead an NFL franchise again.

Then there is the mental toil it takes as well. And just the rustiness after 2 years of not playing... Warren Sapp always used to say there are two positions you can't play in the NFL straight off your sofa - being the passer and rushing the passer. It is absolutely legit to wonder if he is ever capable of being as good of a player as he was before when, and if, he gets back on the field. 

18 hours ago, Gugny said:

"Watson's lawyer claims that 'happy endings' are common in massage therapy and, short of paying extra for it, such conduct is not a crime," the lawsuit reads.

Speaking of lawyer’s strategies: while that might be true from a criminal standpoint, how does that admission not invite suspension from the league?

5 minutes ago, BarleyNY said:

Speaking of lawyer’s strategies: while that might be true from a criminal standpoint, how does that admission not invite suspension from the league?

I imagine they consider that a sunk cost at this point. He is going to get a league suspension. 

• Like (+1) 1

12 hours ago, Augie said:

Who’d a thunk Baker could come out of this looking like a brilliant option? They thought he wasn’t good enough, so they opted for THIS! 

That guaranteed contract is NOT a comp. It was an act of idiocy! I have to text my Browns fan buddy a note of condolence. 

Also, this is all after apparently saying they wanted to move on from Baker to get more of an adult at the position. 🙄🤦‍♂️

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

2 hours ago, BarleyNY said:

I would think the question would be, if the complaints include unwanted sexual advances resulting in at least one woman brought to tears, does that constitute sexual assault? It would seem so.

I would certainly expect the league would view that way, especially given the number of complaints. Are there simply cases of gold diggers?...more than likely, but one thing proven in each one is that Watson's one stupid dude.

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, nosejob said:

I would think the question would be, if the complaints include unwanted sexual advances resulting in at least one woman brought to tears, does that constitute sexual assault? It would seem so.

I would certainly expect the league would view that way, especially given the number of complaints. Are there simply cases of gold diggers?...more than likely, but one thing proven in each one is that Watson's one stupid dude.

Supposedly he was doing this back in his Clemson day's as well.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

The problem with anyone defending Watson claiming people are just after his money or whatever is that you don't see it happening with other high profile players.

There's a lot of big name NFL players who make a lot of $$ that you can't find anyone who will say anything negative about them off the field, much less something like Watson's accusations. 

• Like (+1) 5

1 minute ago, TheFunPolice said:

The problem with anyone defending Watson claiming people are just after his money or whatever is that you don't see it happening with other high profile players.

There's a lot of big name NFL players who make a lot of $$ that you can't find anyone who will say anything negative about them off the field, much less something like Watson's accusations. 

he's definitely put himself in this position...that's for sure.  is every account honest or accurate?  who knows, but the guy needs to be dealt with.

2 minutes ago, teef said:

he's definitely put himself in this position...that's for sure.  is every account honest or accurate?  who knows, but the guy needs to be dealt with.

Here's my take on it.  

Why do you need to pay for sex from massage therapists when you're an NFL superstar?  You don't even need to have game...the girls come to you.

Just go out to a local club and you should have your choosing of whatever girl you want.  He should be able to go to an Applebees and pick on some women.

I mean I got laid as an Applebees waiter in college when I drove a 1998 Forest Green Honda Accord and colored my hair red one summer.  Linkin Park was the **** in 2001.

3 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I have not seen that! Sheesh

It's hearsay.  I have a lot of friends who are big Clemson fans...only a few hours away from me in Atlanta.  The rumors are he was like this in college as well...but this is just rumors.

• Like (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Here's my take on it.  

Why do you need to pay for sex from massage therapists when you're an NFL superstar?  You don't even need to have game...the girls come to you.

Just go out to a local club and you should have your choosing of whatever girl you want.  He should be able to go to an Applebees and pick on some women.

I mean I got laid as an Applebees waiter in college when I drove a 1998 Forest Green Honda Accord and colored my hair red one summer.  Linkin Park was the **** in 2001.

It's hearsay.  I have a lot of friends who are big Clemson fans...only a few hours away from me in Atlanta.  The rumors are he was like this in college as well...but this is just rumors.

Given the number of apparent victims, he certainly seems like a serial predator which you can usually count on to have done what they're compelled to do at previous places and they don't usually stop. Also it's probably less about the sex and more about the feeling he gets getting these woman to do what he wants.

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

Given the number of apparent victims, he certainly seems like a serial predator which you can usually count on to have done what they're compelled to do at previous places and they don't usually stop. Also it's probably less about the sex and more about the feeling he gets getting these woman to do what he wants.

Ewwww. 

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

I honestly don't even think it is that because from the stories most of them don't do what he wants once it becomes clear what is going on. I strongly suspect he gets his kicks out of the shock and the embarrassment / humiliation of the situation for the women involved. That is generally the arousal point for flashers and those who practice this sort of indecent exposure. If it leads to more physical sexual contact as alleged in some circumstances then all the better for him but it would appear his perversion is the exhibition element as much as the contact. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

4 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

What do you mean the contracts "tolls"?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.