Deshaun Watson admits under oath that Ashley Solis cried at the end of the massage

7 minutes ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

No it doesnt have to be proven, these are all civil cases.

1000%. People forget its the language of our law that allows a lot of loopholes in many cases especially those of sexual/abuse nature. If we were guilty until proven innocent he would already be in a jail cell. He is off because we make it soo difficult, not because he did not do it.

9 minutes ago, BuffaloRebound said:

Dude clearly has a problem.  Lucky for him, none of allegations have risen to violence.  Just apologize, pay these women off, vow to get help and start the clock on your suspension.  Fighting this is death by a thousands cuts.  

Lucky for who??  All of the allegations rose to violence.

• Like (+1) 2

I don’t care how many games this guy can win. I would not want him as our QB and the face of our franchise. Period. 

Get help, then seek a second chance. This will not disappear without facing the issue. You can’t wish this away. 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 4

The posts on the Brown's message boards are pretty disturbing on this subject. I guess the only ones left to post on this issue are the "deniers", saner Browns fans having gone elsewhere or simply chosen not to post, but it is a fearsome echo-chamber and an insight into human psychology and fandom.

1 hour ago, benderbender said:

More than Watson, I feel the NFL needs to drop the hammer on the Browns. They were aware of the numerous allegations. They manipulated his contract in anticipation of him being suspended so they'll only take $1M cap hit. I'd suspend him for two seasons at a minimum just to make an example to other teams. And those other teams already are angry with the Haslems for making the seemingly least deserving player the first to have his contract guaranteed. 

I’m sure they will. Just like they punished the Titans and Vrabel for the COVID mess they caused. Just like they punished Tyreek Hill for what he did to his kid. 

• Like (+1) 2

4 hours ago, Big Turk said:

He had a criminal trial and was acquitted by a jury of his peers.  If you choose not to accept the verdict, that's your choice. Apparently you would prefer someone to be tried in perpetuity until your preferred verdict is rendered.  Unfortunately for you, that's not how the legal system works here...maybe you should go to one of these communist countries where they just have Kangaroo Courts?

The court is run by humans who are imperfect. People are wrongly found guilty and wrongly found innocent. I am not against the system we have, but I understand it is not perfect.  

Your contention that over half of the women are lying is the very definition of a kangaroo court.  Nice job comrade. 

6 minutes ago, WotAGuy said:

The court is run by humans who are imperfect. People are wrongly found guilty and wrongly found innocent. I am not against the system we have, but I understand it is not perfect.  

Law courts are imperfect. They are better than the court of public opinion.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, GoBills808 said:

So why do you insist on comparing the two? It’s like saying United Airlines is better than Led Zeppelin.

In no universe is United Airlines better than Led Zeppelin.  

• Haha (+1) 8

1 minute ago, GunnerBill said:

Because the system we have with its imperfections is the system we have to trust. 

What's this "we" stuff?  You live in the U.K., and @GoBills808lives on some third world pacific island.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.