Deshaun Watson admits under oath that Ashley Solis cried at the end of the massage

8 hours ago, Motor26 said:

I mean Bauer got 2 years for one woman accusing him. I think Roger would look weak if he didn’t give him at least a full year. So I expect him to get 6 games. 

2 women, to be accurate. But those cases smell a bit different than this (Watson) one in several ways. Bauer has been uniquely responsive to the accusations against him, and of course defiant in those fast responses. He never acted like a legal client looking to minimize civil damages down the road (the way Watson MOST DEFINITELY has). Doesn't make him innocent, but it does clearly differentiate these two cases, alongside the obvious difference in sheer volume of accusations, as well as the nature of them. 

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2022/06/03/deshaun-watsons-lawyer-rusty-hardin-contends-sexual-activity-during-a-massage-is-not-a-crime/

Does anyone believe these massages were therapeutic? He’s a professional athlete. He would want to find one person who consistently gives him the kind of massage that allows him to get the most out of his abilities, not a revolving door of people with varying levels of skill and experience who may or may not enhance his on-field performance — and who potentially could with one wrong move impair it.

I think this is a really good point.

It’s really hard to imagine that Deshaun Watson was constantly seeking out new inexperienced and unlicensed massage therapists, who always had to be female, for any therapeutic or performance related reasons.

At very best it seems he was looking for female massage therapists to have random sexual encounters with. At worst he’s a serial sexual predator who shows absolutely no remorse for his actions, and maybe doesn’t even see that his actions were wrong.

How is his lawyer not conceding that his client engaged in criminal activity?

"Solicitation of Prostitution Under the New Texas Penal Code §43.021. Under the new Texas law, it remains a crime to solicit prostitution even if no money is exchanged (or other form of payment) and/or no sexual conduct transpires. It remains a crime in Texas merely to ask for sex in exchange for any type of payment."

If he's paying these women for a massage, and asking for a happy ending, how is that not solicitation?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Mr. WEO said:

"Solicitation of Prostitution Under the New Texas Penal Code §43.021. Under the new Texas law, it remains a crime to solicit prostitution even if no money is exchanged (or other form of payment) and/or no sexual conduct transpires. It remains a crime in Texas merely to ask for sex in exchange for any type of payment."

If he's paying these women for a massage, and asking for a happy ending, how is that not solicitation?

Maybe cause he paid for the massage and not for sex. If I pay for a massage then after ask for a haircut…I didn’t pay for that haircut…only the massage. I asked for the haircut as a favor.

In reality I have a hard time believing he never  straight up offered money tho. But the way you framed makes it easy for an attorney to counter.

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, BillsFan4 said:

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2022/06/03/deshaun-watsons-lawyer-rusty-hardin-contends-sexual-activity-during-a-massage-is-not-a-crime/

I think this is a really good point.

It’s really hard to imagine that Deshaun Watson was constantly seeking out new inexperienced and unlicensed massage therapists, who always had to be female, for any therapeutic or performance related reasons.

At very best it seems he was looking for female massage therapists to have random sexual encounters with. At worst he’s a serial sexual predator who shows absolutely no remorse for his actions, and maybe doesn’t even see that his actions were wrong.

Aren't there any federal laws he may have broken that would not be calling on the Texas grand jury but a federal one did he fly in any of the ig massueses from other states?  At the vary least this a case where imho a undercover task force should investigate and even conduct a sting where he is videotaped and if he's some innocent that's what tape will show, but if he is shown to assault the woman they arrest him and try him for it.  Don't know if his guaranteed contract would pay out if he is found criminally guilty? 

Maybe he should be renamed Georgy Porgy Pudding Pie, kissed the girls and made them cry?

2 minutes ago, AuntieEm said:

Aren't there any federal laws he may have broken that would not be calling on the Texas grand jury but a federal one did he fly in any of the ig massueses from other states?  At the vary least this a case where imho a undercover task force should investigate and even conduct a sting where he is videotaped and if he's some innocent that's what tape will show, but if he is shown to assault the woman they arrest him and try him for it.  Don't know if his guaranteed contract would pay out if he is found criminally guilty? 

They already said they are not criminally trying the case. Likely because the DA knows all it takes is one or two to be exposed as not being truthful to take down the entire case. And they likely know it's far more than one or two not being truthful about it.

Probably 3 or 4 legit ones and the rest are money grabs.

Edited by Big Turk
  • Eyeroll 2

1 hour ago, StHustle said:

Maybe cause he paid for the massage and not for sex. If I pay for a massage then after ask for a haircut…I didn’t pay for that haircut…only the massage. I asked for the haircut as a favor.

In reality I have a hard time believing he never  straight up offered money tho. But the way you framed makes it easy for an attorney to counter.

Yea, you have to prove the money is for something other than the service and that is again practically impossible without physical evidence or 3rd party testimony. 

• Like (+1) 1

40 minutes ago, AuntieEm said:

Yes he flew one one from Georgia 

38 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Where do you get these numbers from?

Apparently a woman once kept making excuses for not going out with him instead of just telling him they weren't interested, therefore many women would be willing to lie about something like sexual assault/harassment for money. 

Who Knows Idk GIF

• Haha (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 3

13 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

How these things work many times

What are "these things"? What does "many times" mean? If there's a specific pattern you're alleging you should probably elaborate on that.

There's a couple people in this thread who have argued that we shouldn't take a side in a he said/she said case, and then have gone on to take a side. If you're going to take the side that almost 90% of the plaintiffs are liars, be prepared to defend that claim.

The simplest explanation is that Deshaun Watson hired dozens of massage therapists throughout Houston because he was seeking something other than a massage. Your claim is that he did that all innocently and randomly picked 3 or 4 of them to sexually harass. It's a really specific and bizarre narrative you're painting. And you just casually throw it out there like it's obvious.

Edited by HappyDays
  • Like (+1) 7
  • Agree 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

8 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

Did you lose your song book?  Because this is very different than the tune you were singing about Bob Kraft.

1 hour ago, Behindenemylines said:

Proof please. Show me the stats because I call BS on this 

Regretting something after the fact does not make it illegal if it was consented to while it happened.

On 6/4/2022 at 9:28 AM, H2o said:

His lawyer basically admitted guilt. There are so many ills in this whole situation. His lawyer saying massages with a "Happy Ending" are not a crime. The fact Watson paid the business owner $5,000 to send women his way (because he's a nice guy ya know :rolleyes:). The fact that Watson asked to be covered with a towel or, even a wash cloth, instead of a standard sheet. The fact that he solicited NUMEROUS massage therapists. All of the stories of the plaintiffs being dang near identical. The fact that they denied, denied, denied, and now his lawyer makes this statement. The fact he tried to settle twice, but wanted a strict NDA for them to settle. The fact he sat on the stand and committed perjury saying he wasn't looking for sexual favors because he "has a girlfriend". The fact he admitted the one girl was crying, just as she testified, through text messages to her after the incident and claims he didn't know why. The fact his lawyer is now trying to walk back that statement. This guy is an unrepentant predator who doesn't deserve the privilege of donning an NFL uniform ever again. 

My friend you are speaking 100% straight facts.  I am bewildered as to what is taking Goodell so long to make a decision regarding what Watson's punishment will be.  I don't know why, but I have this horrible, sinking feeling deep in my gut that Watson will get what amounts to a slap on the wrist.  I don't have any legitimate explanation for feeling this way, but I do.  I agree with you wholeheartedly that I don't think he should ever be allowed to play again.  However, I can't shake this negative feeling that Watson somehow dodges a big one, and gets something like a 3 or 4 game suspension.

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, smuvtalker said:

My friend you are speaking 100% straight facts.  I am bewildered as to what is taking Goodell so long to make a decision regarding what Watson's punishment will be.  I don't know why, but I have this horrible, sinking feeling deep in my gut that Watson will get what amounts to a slap on the wrist.  I don't have any legitimate explanation for feeling this way, but I do.  I agree with you wholeheartedly that I don't think he should ever be allowed to play again.  However, I can't shake this negative feeling that Watson somehow dodges a big one, and gets something like a 3 or 4 game suspension.

Goodell does not make the decision.  

It goes to an independent arbitrator to make the decision and then Goodell enforces it.

At this point right now with 2.5 months before the first game - why does it matter.  Why does the NFL have to rush the decision when the courts are taking depositions and will not be making a decision until middle of next year.

This is exactly how the NFL got in trouble with the Ray Rice situation - the wife did not pursue anything - there were no criminal charges - the NFL tried to interview and came down with a 2 game suspension and then the video gets leaked and they look stupid. 

I would hope the NFL puts him on the commissioner’s list until this is done, but at the present moment - more women are still coming forward and more details - so I am not sure the NFL will act until the legal side is done - Vegas seems to feel that way by where the odds they are giving Cleveland.

We will see, but he has already sat out 1 season and I will suspect he has more time missed coming up - I just do not see a reason to rush to make a judgement let it keep playing out and hopefully kick the predator out for as long as possible - I wish forever, but I don’t expect that because of the Union.

27 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

He said/she said at this point. 

More like he said and she said, she said, she said, she said, she said, she said, she said, she said, she said, she said, she said, she said, she said, she said, she said, she said, she said, she said, she said, she said, she said, she said, she said, she said, and counting.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.