Deshaun Watson admits under oath that Ashley Solis cried at the end of the massage

3 hours ago, Mango said:

Tangentially since Bauer gets brought up. Basically the MLB basically never suspended anybody for domestic violence until 2016.

There were two incidents before then. In 1997 Will Cordero beat the crap out of his wife and resulted in a restraining order. 10 games

Julio Mateo beat she short out of his wife and sent her to the hospital. 8 games.

I think the move by the MLB to start cracking down on it forces the league to be pretty severe here. In the past they could just say “Hey, yeah 5 games isn’t a ton, but have you seen baseball? They haven’t suspended anybody….ever!”

Can somebody smarter than fill me in on whether or not a criminal case can or is likely to be reopened? 

Everything I have read was that a grand jury decided not to pursue like 10 cases. And a couple other one offs in other counties were declined by DA’s. But that’s not 24 incidents that we’re seeing in civil court? 

Yes, they could be re-opened but it is very unlikely. It would take a genuine smoking gun revelation that changes this from a he said, she said type of case. Basically needs some physical evidence or 3rd party witness testimony. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

7 hours ago, CapeBreton said:

I believe that some of the women giving the massages were not actually licensed though, I’m not sure how someone can not be licensed and give massages. But the fact that an NFL qb is going to unlicensed massage therapist is pretty shady stuff. So he’s basically saying that since they weren’t licensed, the same rules don’t apply and everything was consensual.

Several. He got massages from a personal trainer, makeup artist, esthetician, stretch therapist, a massage therapy student, and someone who does body scrubs. All suing him.

https://www.cleveland.com/metro/2022/03/deshaun-watson-lawsuits-a-look-at-the-accusations-against-new-cleveland-browns-quarterback.html?outputType=amp

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 1

19 hours ago, HappyDays said:

Ah yes, the foolproof "technically it wasn't illegal" defense. The NFL is sure to buy into this one.

Well, that leaves no doubt in my mind that Watson did what those girls are accusing him of.

Sounds like his lawyer is basically saying “watson did it but it didn’t rise to the level of a crime”.

(edit: to be fair, I haven’t listened to the whole interview so it’s possible I may be taking this out of context. Not sure how though…)

Edited by BillsFan4
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2

18 hours ago, H2o said:

This just keeps getting worse and worse for Watson imo. After sitting on the stand talking about how he wasn't trying to get anything out of the women because he "had a girlfriend", now his lawyer drops this gem. This sexual predator should never take another snap in the NFL, but I hope they give him at least a 2 year ban. The Browns have to be the dumbest organization in all of professional sports. 

I’m still in amazement Watson's LAWYER went on a radio show and said basically "So what if he asked for sex during his massaged? That's not a crime." 

This entire situation is about showing Watson has a pattern of hiring massage therapists and then asking them to have sex with him. Lordy...

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

I’m still in amazement Watson's LAWYER went on a radio show and said basically "So what if he asked for sex during his massaged? That's not a crime." 

This entire situation is about showing Watson has a pattern of hiring massage therapists and then asking them to have sex with him. Lordy...

His lawyer basically admitted guilt. There are so many ills in this whole situation. His lawyer saying massages with a "Happy Ending" are not a crime. The fact Watson paid the business owner $5,000 to send women his way (because he's a nice guy ya know :rolleyes:). The fact that Watson asked to be covered with a towel or, even a wash cloth, instead of a standard sheet. The fact that he solicited NUMEROUS massage therapists. All of the stories of the plaintiffs being dang near identical. The fact that they denied, denied, denied, and now his lawyer makes this statement. The fact he tried to settle twice, but wanted a strict NDA for them to settle. The fact he sat on the stand and committed perjury saying he wasn't looking for sexual favors because he "has a girlfriend". The fact he admitted the one girl was crying, just as she testified, through text messages to her after the incident and claims he didn't know why. The fact his lawyer is now trying to walk back that statement. This guy is an unrepentant predator who doesn't deserve the privilege of donning an NFL uniform ever again. 

Edited by H2o
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 3

3 minutes ago, H2o said:

His lawyer basically admitted guilt. There are so many ills in this whole situation. His lawyer saying massages with a "Happy Ending" are not a crime. The fact Watson paid the business owner $5,000 to send women his way (because he's a nice guy ya know :rolleyes:). The fact that Watson asked to be covered with a towel or, even a wash cloth, instead of a standard sheet. The fact that he solicited NUMEROUS massage therapists. All of the stories of the plaintiffs being dang near identical. The fact that they denied, denied, denied, and now his lawyer makes this statement. The fact he tried to settle twice, but wanted a strict NDA for them to settle. The fact he sat on the stand and committed perjury saying he wasn't looking for sexual favors because he "has a girlfriend". The fact he admitted the one girl was crying, just as she testified, through text messages to her after the incident and claims he didn't know why. The fact his lawyer is now trying to walk back that statement. This guy is an unrepentant predator who doesn't deserve the privilege of donning and NFL uniform ever again. 

Right so Watson apparently lied at his press conference about this too if we believe his lawyers. Jimmy and Dee Haslam, Andrew Berry, and anyone else involved with making this decision flat out don't care how awful this is.

They'd rather win football games (if they actually do, the man won 4 games the last season he played). What in the actual hell.

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 1

20 hours ago, cle23 said:

That doesn't say he sent a text saying he makes them uncomfortable.  It says that one of the women told another woman that he said it to her.  Not disputing whether it happened or not, but a text is written proof.  That would make the situation more if clear if he had sent it as a message.

Text, Snapchat, Instagram DM, etc whatever he used to communicate with them (he used all of these per the accusations)  doesn’t matter - his own lawyer already told on him yesterday. The only thing his lawyer is denying anymore is that what he did can be prosecuted as a crime according to the specific statutes in those 2 Texas counties.

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 2

I love how Watson's attorney changed from they are all liars to happy endings aren't crimes.

Playing in the NFL is a dream and a privilege not a RIGHT. NFL (Goodell) needs to ban this predator for life.

There has to be a video or some damning evidence out there somewhere. He needs to be in prison.

36 minutes ago, qwksilver said:

I love how Watson's attorney changed from they are all liars to happy endings aren't crimes.

Playing in the NFL is a dream and a privilege not a RIGHT. NFL (Goodell) needs to ban this predator for life.

There has to be a video or some damning evidence out there somewhere. He needs to be in prison.

The damning evidence, for anyone who bothers to pay attention, is the TWENTY THREE women who have come forward telling basically the same story, with many of those women not knowing of the others' existence or the details of their stories.

For anyone who has actually bothered to study some of the details of the complaints, it is more than obvious that Watson is a fairly sophisticated sexual predator, with a well developed MO.

Many of the women are not even masseuses...and that was part of the plan.

He deliberately preyed on women who, in theory, were just happy to have a star on their resume, and who wouldn't necessarily know what is commonly accepted or not accepted in the world of massage.  Women who would be afraid to raise a red flag and speak out, for fear of the damage it would do to their fledgling businesses. 

Further, let's not forget that Watson is a young, famous, athletic guy, and rich.  He can land a hot girlfriend with the rest of them if he wants.  He could also pay some money and easily have wild massage fantasy sex sessions with professional sex workers.

NO!  That's not what this predator wanted.  Rapists don't want sex, they want rape.

He WANTED to threaten and scare young women, make them feel nervous and fearful...as something in that is clearly what got him off.  He's a sex predator....that's what they do and what they need.  

I don't expect the NFL to do anything about it, and he will be playing as normal this year.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 4

13 hours ago, Mango said:

Tangentially since Bauer gets brought up. Basically the MLB basically never suspended anybody for domestic violence until 2016.

There were two incidents before then. In 1997 Will Cordero beat the crap out of his wife and resulted in a restraining order. 10 games

Julio Mateo beat she short out of his wife and sent her to the hospital. 8 games.

I think the move by the MLB to start cracking down on it forces the league to be pretty severe here. In the past they could just say “Hey, yeah 5 games isn’t a ton, but have you seen baseball? They haven’t suspended anybody….ever!”

Can somebody smarter than fill me in on whether or not a criminal case can or is likely to be reopened? 

Everything I have read was that a grand jury decided not to pursue like 10 cases. And a couple other one offs in other counties were declined by DA’s. But that’s not 24 incidents that we’re seeing in civil court? 

I remember being at a Red Sox game after that happened with Cordero.  The entire park was chanting, “Cordero beats his wife!” Over and over. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Text, Snapchat, Instagram DM, etc whatever he used to communicate with them (he used all of these per the accusations)  doesn’t matter - his own lawyer already told on him yesterday. The only thing his lawyer is denying anymore is that what he did can be prosecuted as a crime according to the specific statutes in those 2 Texas counties.

I think this might be because he also has to explain the consensual encounters he's admitted to now that I think about it.

11 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

I think this might be because he also has to explain the consensual encounters he's admitted to now that I think about it.

Yea. That is what it is. It appears that their litigation strategy is not to say "nothing ever happened" it is to say that so far as Watson understood things there was consent on both sides. Worth reminding people that for the civil court to find him liable they have to be confident that he was reasonably aware that his behaviour was causing damage (presumably intentional emotional distress) and that the plaintiff suffered some loss as a result. 

Their strategy now appears to be "okay he is a bit creepy around women, but not in a way that has intentionally damaged or caused loss." And that might be an effective defense if it was 1 or 2 plaintiffs. I struggle to see it being effective with 23. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Nextmanup said:

The damning evidence, for anyone who bothers to pay attention, is the TWENTY THREE women who have come forward telling basically the same story, with many of those women not knowing of the others' existence or the details of their stories.

For anyone who has actually bothered to study some of the details of the complaints, it is more than obvious that Watson is a fairly sophisticated sexual predator, with a well developed MO.

He deliberately preyed on women who, in theory, were just happy to have a star on their resume, and who wouldn't necessarily know what is commonly accepted or not accepted in the world of massage.  Women who would be afraid to raise a red flag and speak out, for fear of the damage it would do to their fledgling businesses. 

Further, let's not forget that Watson is a young, famous, athletic guy, and rich.  He can land a hot girlfriend with the rest of them if he wants.  He could also pay some money and easily have wild massage fantasy sex sessions with professional sex workers.

NO!  That's not what this predator wanted.  Rapists don't want sex, they want rape.

He WANTED to threaten and scare young women, make them feel nervous and fearful...as something in that is clearly what got him off.  He's a sex predator....that's what they do and what they need.  

I don't expect the NFL to do anything about it, and he will be playing as normal this year.

Right, this is it.

Watson doesn’t have a kink. In a big city like Houston I am sure there are a host of professional eroticists who are proficient in “finishing” a massage and not part of any Asian sex trafficking ring. And if there aren’t enough in Houston he can fly them in from NYC, LA etc. like he did a host of other IG models.

This was never about getting off sexually. Or at least his kink isn’t happy endings or even orgasms. It’s power and assault.  

I do think he gets suspended though. The NBA has banned lists. MLB has suspended people for a full season a couple times now. The poster child for suspensions based on conduct in the NFL is Vick. Every other major suspension has basically been suspended for pot and gambling. 

(Ray Rice initially got two games. Then moved to indefinite which was overturned)

Edited by Mango
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Nextmanup said:

And this is exactly why evidence of what he did with the other women will be admissible at trial...

I know there are a lot of victims here, but I am enjoying the hell out of seeing this dumpster fire get worse and worse for the Browns, Watson and his laughably bad defense team...Caserio must be laughing his ass off...     

• Like (+1) 1

On 6/3/2022 at 3:00 PM, WotAGuy said:

Is it still a “happy ending” if no one leaves happy?

They call that the "give your wife a back rub"

She ends up not liking it and you end up not getting any. 

Edited by The Wiz
  • Haha (+1) 2

3 hours ago, RaoulDuke79 said:

Browns are so dumb. Never been a huge fan of Baker, but somewhere deep inside he has to be laughing. They did him dirty.

Leave it to the Browns to create a situation where everybody loses, except the dirt bag who got the guaranteed contract. I mean Baker loses, the fans lose, the team loses in games (unstable QB situation) and cap space………and the NFL as a whole loses with the precedent of that guaranteed contract. I don’t expect the other 31 owners to be very happy with Haslam. 

Browns, please keep your losing ways to yourself. 

• Like (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.