Deshaun Watson admits under oath that Ashley Solis cried at the end of the massage

2 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I have had awakward massages in fairness. But I agree there is a difference between an awkward massage and a sexual assault and while ONE person might construe one for the other.... 23 people doing so does rather suggest that the recipient of the massages was - at best - repeating behaviour that made the situation uncomfortable. 

Right, awkward is one thing. If it ends with the masseuse crying something else happened.

26 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

It doesn’t matter if it’s “illegal”, to the nfl, in deciding whether to suspend due to violation of personal conduct policy. However he’s being accused of forced “happy endings” - not consensual 

So basically his lawyer has pretty much said without saying that Watson would seek out new Massage Therapists based on their attractiveness to him in the hopes they would be OK with doing more than just giving him a massage. That in and of itself isn't a crime, but forcing them to engage in these acts or doing so without their consent certainly would be. 

Otherwise, it makes no sense why a person who is allegedly having these type of massages done to enhance on field performance would continue going to multiple different people, often times without even knowing how skilled they were at performing those type of massages instead of sticking to one person who they knew performed the massages exactly the way he needed them to be performed.

Would be like a player who had a personal chef that prepared amazing meals for them go to 25 different chefs to get them to prepare a meal here and there instead of sticking to the same one.  Makes no sense.

Edited by Big Turk
  • Like (+1) 1

This just keeps getting worse and worse for Watson imo. After sitting on the stand talking about how he wasn't trying to get anything out of the women because he "had a girlfriend", now his lawyer drops this gem. This sexual predator should never take another snap in the NFL, but I hope they give him at least a 2 year ban. The Browns have to be the dumbest organization in all of professional sports. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 2

20 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I picture Watson researching attorneys when he was first sued: “Ah! This one gets it. Hired.”

Looking up the number of massage therapists he's got me to stumble on this article I think I saw it before, but it ain't great for him either with basically a woman outside the 22 accusing him and another who referred him to her texting about having gotten a lot of the same complaints about him.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/10003368-deshaun-watsons-alleged-misconduct-with-massage-therapists-detailed-in-new-si-report

SI also spoke to a veteran massage therapist who referred Watson to other massage therapists. She spoke under the condition of anonymity but was referred to as Susan in the article.

Another massage therapist, who had previously spoken to SI but has not filed a lawsuit, said she massaged Watson in the fall of 2019 after Watson was referred to her by Susan. The woman, referred to as Mary, said during the session he "purposely removed the towel covering him, told her she could touch and move his exposed penis and began thrusting his pelvis into the air after developing an erection."

Susan told SI Mary was the only massage therapist who reported an issue with Watson to her, but Mary produced a text conversation with Susan in which Susan wrote "whether the creepy stuff is his intention or not, he does it every time." Susan also wrote to Mary that "only 1 therapist hasn’t complained."

It was confirmed that the texts came from Susan's phone number, and Susan later told SI she was trying to be supportive of Mary in the text conversation and was referring to Watson requesting to use a small towel or washcloth to cover himself rather than a full-sheet draping.

Mary said Watson reached out to her again on Instagram after their session, but when she insisted he use a full-sheet draping before booking him again, he decided against booking.

The NFL players who spoke to SI anonymously all said they always have full-sheet drapings during their massage sessions and go out of their way to avoid exposing their genitals.

12 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

Would be like a player who had a personal chef that prepared amazing meals for them go to 25 different chefs to get them to prepare a meal here and there instead of sticking to the same one.  Makes no sense.

You mean like a “happy meal”?

3 hours ago, JDubya76 said:

Playing that game a step further, if he retires and the browns choose to void his contract for cap flexibility, he’s free? Can he Un-retire immediately?

it seems too easy.

I’m sure the Browns would be happy to void Baker’s contract today if they could.  But why would Baker give up $18.9M?

1 hour ago, Big Turk said:

Agreed, although the areas they were working on made it very difficult for some exposure not to occur regardless of intent.

I've stayed completely away from this topic but I feel the need to correct this.  I was a licensed massage therapist for more than 10 years in NYS.  We are trained on proper draping techniques.  The groin is not an area that is massaged.  If you are referring to the inner thigh then yes it can be massaged however the draping is done very tightly under the leg so as to prevent exposure.  If Watson is choosing to use a small towel, most massage therapists would decline as exposure would certainly be a risk.  I do not know a single therapist that gives clients that option or really any option of draping.  We have our own supplies including sheets for draping.

Any exposure immediately puts us at risk of the client ruining our reputation or filing a complaint with the NYS office of professions.  Licenses can and have been revoked for those situations.

I really like your chef analogy in another post, it highlights the biggest red flag for me.  Sports massage is a very specific type of massage.  Swedish massage is what most people think of when they think of massage.  A professional athlete would/should have a specific therapist they like to work with.  Most therapists have regular clients as once you find a good therapist, people choose to continue to work with them.  On top of that, the Texans likely have therapists on staff if he really was seeking treatment.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 2

Tangentially since Bauer gets brought up. Basically the MLB basically never suspended anybody for domestic violence until 2016.

There were two incidents before then. In 1997 Will Cordero beat the crap out of his wife and resulted in a restraining order. 10 games

Julio Mateo beat she short out of his wife and sent her to the hospital. 8 games.

I think the move by the MLB to start cracking down on it forces the league to be pretty severe here. In the past they could just say “Hey, yeah 5 games isn’t a ton, but have you seen baseball? They haven’t suspended anybody….ever!”

7 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Can somebody smarter than fill me in on whether or not a criminal case can or is likely to be reopened? 

Everything I have read was that a grand jury decided not to pursue like 10 cases. And a couple other one offs in other counties were declined by DA’s. But that’s not 24 incidents that we’re seeing in civil court? 

42 minutes ago, Mango said:

Tangentially since Bauer gets brought up. Basically the MLB basically never suspended anybody for domestic violence until 2016.

There were two incidents before then. In 1997 Will Cordero beat the crap out of his wife and resulted in a restraining order. 10 games

Julio Mateo beat she short out of his wife and sent her to the hospital. 8 games.

I think the move by the MLB to start cracking down on it forces the league to be pretty severe here. In the past they could just say “Hey, yeah 5 games isn’t a ton, but have you seen baseball? They haven’t suspended anybody….ever!”

Can somebody smarter than fill me in on whether or not a criminal case can or is likely to be reopened? 

Everything I have read was that a grand jury decided not to pursue like 10 cases. And a couple other one offs in other counties were declined by DA’s. But that’s not 24 incidents that we’re seeing in civil court? 

The investigation on the 10 criminal complaints is closed so my understanding is that a new one would need to be filed in order for that to be re-introduced (ie possibility of incarceration)

A Harris County, TX grand jury declined to indict and charge Watson after he invoked his Fifth Amendment privilege not to self-incriminate. A 2nd  Texas grand jury, in Brazoria County, also declined to indict (Nine charges were filed in Harris County and one in Brazoria County because of the location of the alleged crimes)

not much is known about these criminal cases and the grand jury due to Texas law 

Any strict examination of the lack of charges against Watson is hampered by a mountain of unknowns, attributable to tight-lipped officials and Texas’ stringent grand jury secrecy laws.

Not all of the 22 women who filed civil lawsuits against Watson also filed police reports seeking criminal charges. Furthermore, an open letter from one of the women that published this week said not all of the women who filed criminal complaints also filed civil lawsuits.

Houston police have released heavily-redacted versions of reports related to Watson that inked out the victims’ names and mostly included nondescript, one-sentence summaries of the allegations, the New York Times reported.

Only one of the 10 women who filed criminal complaints against Watson has publicly identified herself.

What evidence the grand jury heard, who testified before them, what those witnesses said and how the grand jury prosecutor presented the case will also likely remain secret because Texas law makes it illegal for anyone to disclose “anything transpiring before the grand jury.”A grand juror, prosecutor or court employee who spills grand jury business can face up to 30 days in jail, and a witness who reports what happened inside the chambers can be jailed for as long as six months, according to Texas laws.

https://www.cleveland.com/court-justice/2022/04/why-wasnt-deshaun-watson-charged-what-prosecutors-needed-to-file-charges.html

Edited by YoloinOhio

7 hours ago, section122 said:

I've stayed completely away from this topic but I feel the need to correct this.  I was a licensed massage therapist for more than 10 years in NYS.  We are trained on proper draping techniques.  The groin is not an area that is massaged.  If you are referring to the inner thigh then yes it can be massaged however the draping is done very tightly under the leg so as to prevent exposure.  If Watson is choosing to use a small towel, most massage therapists would decline as exposure would certainly be a risk.  I do not know a single therapist that gives clients that option or really any option of draping.  We have our own supplies including sheets for draping.

Any exposure immediately puts us at risk of the client ruining our reputation or filing a complaint with the NYS office of professions.  Licenses can and have been revoked for those situations.

I really like your chef analogy in another post, it highlights the biggest red flag for me.  Sports massage is a very specific type of massage.  Swedish massage is what most people think of when they think of massage.  A professional athlete would/should have a specific therapist they like to work with.  Most therapists have regular clients as once you find a good therapist, people choose to continue to work with them.  On top of that, the Texans likely have therapists on staff if he really was seeking treatment.

I believe that some of the women giving the massages were not actually licensed though, I’m not sure how someone can not be licensed and give massages. But the fact that an NFL qb is going to unlicensed massage therapist is pretty shady stuff. So he’s basically saying that since they weren’t licensed, the same rules don’t apply and everything was consensual.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.