Deshaun Watson admits under oath that Ashley Solis cried at the end of the massage

1 hour ago, Gugny said:

Yeah, I threw it out there because I have no idea how it would work.

Playing that game a step further, if he retires and the browns choose to void his contract for cap flexibility, he’s free? Can he Un-retire immediately?

it seems too easy.

Edited by JDubya76
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Big Turk said:

Must suck making $19 million a year...

It’s one year and nothing guaranteed beyond that. He’s what, 26? It does suck if he’s twisting in the wind and no idea what the future holds on his next team. Not saying he’s not partly responsible for this situation - if he played better, he would still be the browns starting QB on a long term deal and reportedly was offered one last year and turned it down. But the browns are also to blame for not having a sound strategy to deal mayfield when they went after Watson. They let him find out they were all in on him via social media, he put out the goodbye letter, Watson knocked cleveland out of his final trade partners, browns panicked and gave him the desperate deal tacking on an extra year of control knowing he likely faced suspension.

Now they have a disgruntled  QB with locker room toxicity who wants out but will cost them money to do so let along getting squat in return … and an alleged sexual predator as the face of the franchise who didn’t want to be there in the first place and likely doesn’t suit up anytime soon, who they guaranteed $230 mill.

i think if Cleveland could go back in time, they would not have gone back and pursued Watson after he dropped them from consideration. And I think Watson also may regret the situation he’s in as he didn’t want to play in the cold, is in a brutal division, and has to deal with the Baker situation. There is a big chunk of the fan base who are Baker Bros and still thinks he should be the guy. Every piece of news that drips out about Watson makes them louder. Had he gone with Atlanta, Matt Ryan would be gone and he’d be at home and in a bad division. 

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Agree 1

8 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

It’s one year and nothing guaranteed beyond that. He’s what, 26? It does suck if he’s twisting in the wind and no idea what the future holds on his next team. Not saying he’s not partly responsible for this situation - if he played better, he would still be the browns starting QB on a long term deal and reportedly was offered one last year and turned it down. But the browns are also to blame for not having a sound strategy to deal mayfield when they went after Watson. They let him find out they were all in on him via social media, he put out the goodbye letter, Watson knocked cleveland out of his final trade partners, browns panicked and gave him the desperate deal tacking on an extra year of control knowing he likely faced suspension.

Now they have a disgruntled  QB with locker room toxicity who wants out but will cost them money to do so let along getting squat I return … and an alleged sexual predator as the face of the franchise who didn’t want to be there in the first place and likely doesn’t suit up anytime soon, who they guaranteed $230 mill.

i think if Cleveland could go back in time, they would not have gone back and pursued Watson after he dropped them from consideration. And I think Watson also may regret the situation he’s in as he didn’t want to play in the cold, is in a brutal division, and has to deal with the Baker situation. Had he gone with Atlanta, Matt Ryan would be gone and he’d be at home and in a bad division. 

Will have made almost $41 million over the last 5 years. I'm not crying too hard for him.  Would take a person making a relatively good salary of 100K a year 400+ years to earn that. Average salary of 50K, 800+ years.  Dude is set for life no matter what happens to him and has generational wealth.

Edited by Big Turk

5 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

Will have made almost $41 million over the last 5 years. I'm not crying too hard for him.  Would take a person making a relatively good salary of 100K a year 400+ years to earn that. Average salary of 50K, 800+ years.  Dude is set for life no matter what happens to him and has generational wealth.

I’m not crying for him either as an average person, but can understand why he would want traded as soon as possible. All players regardless of how much they’ve earned are going to have the goal to maximize their future earnings. The nflpa would probably agree and his agent is probably holding the browns feet to the fire as they wade through this ***** storm 

25 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

i think if Cleveland could go back in time, they would not have gone back and pursued Watson after he dropped them from consideration. And I think Watson also may regret the situation he’s in as he didn’t want to play in the cold, is in a brutal division, and has to deal with the Baker situation. 

Watson seems to be only about the money in terms of his situation. Cleveland was out until they fully guaranteed the deal. the press conference looked like an arranged marriage. I think Stefanski gets fired this year if they don't do really well in the playoffs. I have my doubts that it will work out, allegations aside, from a football standpoint 

31 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

i think if Cleveland could go back in time, they would not have gone back and pursued Watson after he dropped them from consideration. And I think Watson also may regret the situation he’s in as he didn’t want to play in the cold, is in a brutal division, and has to deal with the Baker situation. There is a big chunk of the fan base who are Baker Bros and still thinks he should be the guy. Every piece of news that drips out about Watson makes them louder. Had he gone with Atlanta, Matt Ryan would be gone and he’d be at home and in a bad division. 

If Cleveland could go back in time they would have just drafted JA17. Thank goodness they can't.

• Agree 1

Just now, HappyDays said:

Ah yes, the foolproof "technically it wasn't illegal" defense. The NFL is sure to buy into this one.

It doesn’t matter if it’s “illegal”, to the nfl, in deciding whether to suspend due to violation of personal conduct policy. However he’s being accused of forced “happy endings” - not consensual 

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

That doesn't say he sent a text saying he makes them uncomfortable.  It says that one of the women told another woman that he said it to her.  Not disputing whether it happened or not, but a text is written proof.  That would make the situation more if clear if he had sent it as a message.

4 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

It doesn’t matter if it’s “illegal”, to the nfl, in deciding whether to suspend due to violation of personal conduct policy. However he’s being accused of forced “happy endings” - not consensual 

Also exposing yourself or forcing your body on an unwilling participant is 100% a crime. Totally ridiculous to chalk that behavior up to making someone "uncomfortable." Maybe this is why the NFL is waiting. Every time Watson or his lawyer talk they dig their hole a little deeper, which make the NFL's job easier.

3 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Right, that's the entire case here.  If they are forced, he is a sexual assaulter and deserves jail time.  If they were consensual at the time, and then later changed to sue, then that's wrong on their end.  That's what needs to be found out.  There are so many moving parts to this whole thing that it's very hard to find the truth in any of it for sure.

1 minute ago, HappyDays said:

Also exposing yourself or forcing your body on an unwilling participant is 100% a crime. Totally ridiculous to chalk that behavior up to making someone "uncomfortable." Maybe this is why the NFL is waiting. Every time Watson or his lawyer talk they dig their hole a little deeper, which make the NFL's job easier.

Agreed, although the areas they were working on made it very difficult for some exposure not to occur regardless of intent.

9 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Ah yes, the foolproof "technically it wasn't illegal" defense. The NFL is sure to buy into this one.

Man that's the stupidest thing that attorney has done in this case since he more than doubled the number of massage therapists we knew he'd seen.

1 minute ago, Big Turk said:

Agreed, although the areas they were working on made it very difficult for some exposure not to occur regardless of intent.

I've gotten dozens of massages in my life and this is 100% false. Especially in the way it's been described by the women.

5 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

Man that's the stupidest thing that attorney has done in this case since he more than doubled the number of massage therapists we knew he'd seen.

I picture Watson researching attorneys when he was first sued: “Ah! This one gets it. Hired.”

• Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

I've gotten dozens of massages in my life and this is 100% false. Especially in the way it's been described by the women.

I have had awakward massages in fairness. But I agree there is a difference between an awkward massage and a sexual assault and while ONE person might construe one for the other.... 23 people doing so does rather suggest that the recipient of the massages was - at best - repeating behaviour that made the situation uncomfortable. 

3 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Yep, that’s why he would need to technically be there but not participate if they agree to that. 

Yes exactly what the Texans did with Watson last year.

Show up, but do not participate and we will have you out of the spot light.

4 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I picture Watson researching attorneys when he was first sued: “Ah! This one gets it. Hired.”

To be honest I think both attorneys suck. I wouldn't hire either of them after seeing their conduct in this case. 

Just now, Rochesterfan said:

Yes exactly what the Texans did with Watson last year.

Show up, but do not participate and we will have you out of the spot light.

And crucially no media availability. 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.