Deshaun Watson admits under oath that Ashley Solis cried at the end of the massage

IMO the NFL should suspend Watson WITH PAY this season.  This would protect Watson in the event ALL 23 of these women are lying and are gold diggers.  It would also protect the NFL should it turn out that there is fire under all this smoke.

Of course this would punish the Browns for their deeply irresponsible act of signing Watson to that ridiculous contract BEFORE the legal issues were resolved.

• Disagree 1
  • Agree 1

6 minutes ago, CincyBillsFan said:

IMO the NFL should suspend Watson WITH PAY this season.  This would protect Watson in the event ALL 23 of these women are lying and are gold diggers.  It would also protect the NFL should it turn out that there is fire under all this smoke.

Of course this would punish the Browns for their deeply irresponsible act of signing Watson to that ridiculous contract BEFORE the legal issues were resolved.

Cincy...Cincy, my old friend...you had me at "...punish the Browns for their deeply irresponsible act..."

EDIT:  Please note, I'm just agreeing on IF the NFL is having the debate of 8 games out without pay or an entire season out with it, yeah, I am onboard as long as they reevaluate the following season.

EDIT 2:  When he came out in the draft I wanted DW on the Bills so.  Badly.  I thought he was going to be something special, which he is on the field.

Time is a funny thing because now I am just not feeling it as much.

Edited by dollars 2 donuts
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

It does make sense for him to settle and I’m sure the browns want him to do so. He’s been insistent publically that he won’t. He’s maintained that he did nothing wrong, has no regrets, has never disrespected women. But looks like he did try to settle and it didn’t work. His “I’m totally innocent” defense keeps taking a hit when he admits under oath that he made one of them cry, the text that he checked on her after to apologize, and the text he sent to another one where he said he makes a lot of masseuses uncomfortable. Just to cite a few examples. He clearly knows he was not as innocent as he maintains even if (huge IF) it wasn’t intentional. It would have been better imo to admit he has an issue,  is getting help, apologize, settle, take whatever suspension, and move on. 

I did not see one, and can't find anything showing he texted saying he makes masseuses uncomfortable.  Not saying he didn't, I just can't find it.  Obviously that's a bad look if so. 

The other one with Solis is weird.  If he truly didn't understand why she was crying, I could get apologizing just because you know something made her uncomfortable and I would also feel bad if I made someone feel that way unintentionally.  BUT, if what she described is true, then he knew what it was and that he was wrong and just trying to smooth it over. 

14 minutes ago, cle23 said:

I did not see one, and can't find anything showing he texted saying he makes masseuses uncomfortable.  Not saying he didn't, I just can't find it.  Obviously that's a bad look if so. 

The other one with Solis is weird.  If he truly didn't understand why she was crying, I could get apologizing just because you know something made her uncomfortable and I would also feel bad if I made someone feel that way unintentionally.  BUT, if what she described is true, then he knew what it was and that he was wrong and just trying to smooth it over. 

https://www.si.com/.amp/nfl/2022/03/25/deshaun-watson-denies-assulting-disrespecting-any-woman

Honestly, if I am Baker Mayfield, I am glad this is happening now. He has most certainly flashed outside of an injury last season. His org is a total disaster. Every situation can't be Josh and The Bills. Better to have a few good years, cut ties and pick your next landing spot rather than be stuck with that org for a decade or more. 

If they didn't blow this with Watson they would have botched it with different bad trades, signings, drafts. Mistakes like this by Cleveland are systemic.

If I am a QB needy team I would not hesitate to scoop him up. 

2 minutes ago, Mango said:

Honestly, if I am Baker Mayfield, I am glad this is happening now. He has most certainly flashed outside of an injury last season. His org is a total disaster. Every situation can't be Josh and The Bills. Better to have a few good years, cut ties and pick your next landing spot rather than be stuck with that org for a decade or more. 

If they didn't blow this with Watson they would have botched it with different bad trades, signings, drafts. Mistakes like this by Cleveland are systemic.

If I am a QB needy team I would not hesitate to scoop him up. 

Browns are holding him hostage right now, because reportedly  teams are willing to trade for him if Browns pick up some of the salary and they won’t do it. They are waiting to find out how long Watson is suspended or if a team loses a QB and gets desperate. Sure they are entitled to this from a pure business sense but it’s a terrible look to players around the League. Mayfield knows he’s done in Cleveland and would want to latch on somewhere as soon as possible so he can start learning the offense, etc. so he has the best chance to be successful in a year where nothing is guaranteed beyond 2022 for him. 

mandatory minicamp is coming - I assume the browns will tell him to show up so he’s not fined but not participate? So bizarre. 

• Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Browns are holding him hostage right now, because reportedly  teams are willing to trade for him if Browns pick up some of the salary and they won’t do it. They are waiting to find out how long Watson is suspended or if a team loses a QB and gets desperate. Sure they are entitled to this from a pure business sense but it’s a terrible look to players around the League. Mayfield knows he’s done in Cleveland and would want to latch on somewhere as soon as possible so he can start learning the offense, etc. so he has the best chance to be successful in a year where nothing is guaranteed beyond 2022 for him. 

mandatory minicamp is coming - I assume the browns will tell him to show up so he’s not fined but not participate? So bizarre. 

Teams no longer have the right to waive fines either. So Baker turns up or is fined. They are the only two options. 

Just now, GunnerBill said:

Teams no longer have the right to waive fines either. So Baker turns up or is fined. They are the only two options. 

What if he chooses to retire?

18 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Right, it also definitely sucks for Baker as well. Don't get me wrong. But I would rather get it out of the way now rather than be stuck in a shirt storm on a long term deal. Part of my assumption is that the Browns don't tag him for eternity. 

4 minutes ago, Mango said:

Right, it also definitely sucks for Baker as well. Don't get me wrong. But I would rather get it out of the way now rather than be stuck in a shirt storm on a long term deal. Part of my assumption is that the Browns don't tag him for eternity. 

Must suck making $19 million a year...

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

Right, I get it, $19M is a lot. But also Baker is the face of a $2.6B franchise, and has one of the important jobs in one of, if not the most profitable sports league on the planet. For that reason I have no problem with how much NFL players make and when you break it down that way, that Mahomes, Brady, Allen, etc. are the most important pieces of a business that generates $20B in revenue per year with a net worth of nearly $100B, they probably don't make enough. 

Edited by Mango

4 minutes ago, Mango said:

Right, I get it, $19M is a lot. But also Baker is the face of a $2.6B franchise, and has one of the important jobs in one of, if not the most profitable sports league on the planet. For that reason I have no problem with how much NFL players make and when you break it down that way, that Mahomes, Brady, Allen, etc. are the most important pieces of a business that generates $20B in revenue per year with a net worth of nearly $100B, they probably don't make enough. 

NFLPA needs to be better at negotiating then

42 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Yep, that’s why he would need to technically be there but not participate if they agree to that. 

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Fair. He can do that. I have no idea what the rules are if he retires and then next year when he Browns deal has expired suddenly unretires? 

Yeah, I threw it out there because I have no idea how it would work.

1 hour ago, Big Turk said:

And not having to work for it. 

I think they should make a progressive commercial where he is lining and numbering the field and then hawking peanuts in the stands while the game is being played. 

• Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.