Deshaun Watson admits under oath that Ashley Solis cried at the end of the massage

3 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

Yeah...sure plenty of people were waiting to throw the book at this poor guy who did nothing wrong other than picking the wrong woman to have a consensual encounter with.  The reason why there are people out there saying that stuff is that things like this happen...a lot more than people realize or want to admit.

https://www.eastidahonews.com/2021/08/woman-charged-after-detectives-say-she-falsely-accused-man-of-rape/

Something like 20% of women are the victims of rap and only about 1/3 are reported. The data around false accusations implies it is minimal.

Think about that next time you are in a room full of women, especially ones that you care about. The idea that under most circumstances at least one has been raped or experienced an attempted rape. Then literally go look at yourself in the mirror and audibly say, "I bet she is lying". and see how that fits. 

4 minutes ago, Mango said:

Something like 20% of women are the victims of rap and only about 1/3 are reported. The data around false accusations implies it is minimal.

Think about that next time you are in a room full of women, especially ones that you care about. The idea that under most circumstances at least one has been raped or experienced an attempted rape. Then literally go look at yourself in the mirror and audibly say, "I bet she is lying". and see how that fits. 

It's up to 10% actually where they are falsely accused, but if you are the person being falsely accused, it's 100%, and the odds are heavily stacked against you.

I'm not saying I don't believe them out of hand, I am simply saying that blindly believing anything a woman tells you is likely to get you into far more trouble than it will get you into good graces with women. Most women don't respect guys who believe everything they say and are unwilling to ask questions or call them on things that don't make sense.

Edited by Big Turk
  • Agree 1

43 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

I don't think judging someone by actions rather than words is jilted. I think it just allows you to see clearly.  A woman says she wants to see you all the time but then is constantly "busy" if you ask her out but finds time to hang out with friends, coworkers outside work, etc simply means she isn't in to you.  But the number of guys who will keep trying over and over again because they think to themselves "Well, she said she really wants to get together so she must be interested" is staggering.  Nobody is that busy that if they really wanted to get together that they wouldn't find a way to make it happen. That just isn't how people work. In fact, if women are interested they will normally go out of their way to make it work even if it means cutting into other areas of their life.

Women many times either are being nice because they legitimately don't want to hurt guys feelings by telling them the truth so they think telling these little white lies or pretending like they want to do something when they really don't is letting them down easy and they'll get the hint, or they are afraid to tell guys "no" because some guys can't handle and get really mad and will go off on them and call them names, etc or will get violent because their ego can't handle being rejected.  

So if guys understand the why behind it, it becomes easier to just judge actions to understand what their true interest level is.  If they make time to see you, they are interested, if they don't they aren't. Many guys could simplify their life by just having that type of outlook in place, not only with women but with a lot of different things...but unfortunately they want to believe what people say instead of what they do most times.

This is all coming off as a little too personal to me.

But to be clear you're implying that women tend to lie about being busy to avoid dates, and also somehow connecting that to them falsely accusing someone of sexual assault/harassment?

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

This is all coming off as a little too personal to me.

But to be clear you're implying that women tend to lie about being busy to avoid dates, and also somehow connecting that to them falsely accusing someone of sexual assault/harassment?

I'm saying that blindly believing what someone says without clear evidence is all too common these days. Do I believe that some of these women were likely assaulted by Watson? Yes. Do I believe all 23 or 24 were?  Hell no. The risk/reward for anyone coming forward and filing a claim at this point against him is highly in favor of reward right now. 

If people don't understand that, then I am sorry to tell you, you likely have been taken advantage of in your life at least once, and likely more than once.

Edited by Big Turk
  • Eyeroll 1

13 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

I'm not saying I don't believe them out of hand, I am simply saying that blindly believing anything a woman tells you is likely to get you into far more trouble than it will get you into good graces with women

I haven't seen one person in this thread make the claim that 100% of the plaintiffs are 100% telling the truth. I personally believe there is some gray space in some of the information that we've been given. I'm in no position to judge each individual accusation on its merits (other than Ashley Solis, where based on her TV interview I am confident as can be that she is telling the truth). My position has been that given all of the available evidence, the number of women that have come forward, and the fact that not a single one of the plaintiffs has changed their story, I am extremely confident that Deshaun Watson acted as a predator and took advantage of multiple women that he put into vulnerable situations. In at least one case, Ashley Solis's, I am confident that his behavior rose to the level of sexual assault. Based on your posts it doesn't seem like you disagree that Watson took advantage of at least some of these women. So what is your point now? If your point is that we shouldn't inherently believe all 23 women I don't think anyone here disagrees with that.

• Agree 1

5 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

I haven't seen one person in this thread make the claim that 100% of the plaintiffs are 100% telling the truth. I personally believe there is some gray space in some of the information that we've been given. I'm in no position to judge each individual accusation on its merits (other than Ashley Solis, where based on her TV interview I am confident as can be that she is telling the truth). My position has been that given all of the available evidence, the number of women that have come forward, and the fact that not a single one of the plaintiffs has changed their story, I am extremely confident that Deshaun Watson acted as a predator and took advantage of multiple women that he put into vulnerable situations. In at least one case, Ashley Solis's, I am confident that his behavior rose to the level of sexual assault. Based on your posts it doesn't seem like you disagree that Watson took advantage of at least some of these women. So what is your point now? If your point is that we shouldn't inherently believe all 23 women I don't think anyone here disagrees with that.

I do think it's likely something nefarious happened at least in some of the cases and that Watson is guilty of being a scumbag at the very least in those situations. But I also don't buy that it happened to 23 or 24 different women, many of whom didn't come forward until the case was weeks or months old.

Mainly what I am trying to say is just that accusations without evidence does not constitute proof of wrongdoing.  Seems like there are a lot of people who are willing to go on what they say alone and don't take into account the fact that there could be other motives behind them coming forward and moreso dismissing that this type of stuff actually happens.

Edited by Big Turk

7 minutes ago, TBBills said:

This ***** keeps getting worse for him.

I remember hearing something concerning the potential Dolphins trade and that Ross was looking into the possibility the lawsuits would be settled.  I wonder if it was this offer he was looking into.

25 minutes ago, fergie's ire said:

I remember hearing something concerning the potential Dolphins trade and that Ross was looking into the possibility the lawsuits would be settled.  I wonder if it was this offer he was looking into.

Yes

Based on the language in footnote 2 to the Smith lawsuit, the nondisclosure language derailed the settlement. Attorney Rusty Hardin recently explained in a podcast appearance with Gabe Feldman that the Dolphins wanted the settlements to include the NDA language.

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Captain Hindsight said:

Totally innocent people offer 6 figure settlements all the time 

If would have made it go away and for him to get back on the field quicker it might have made financial sense from a long term perspective. Once lawyers get involved it becomes dangerous to assume things. 

3 hours ago, Big Turk said:

If would have made it go away and for him to get back on the field quicker it might have made financial sense from a long term perspective. Once lawyers get involved it becomes dangerous to assume things. 

That's a ridiculous thing to write.

• Agree 1

6 hours ago, Captain Hindsight said:

Totally innocent people offer 6 figure settlements all the time 

I mean actually, they do. Well not all the time, but it is not particularly rare. Normally in commercial style disputes rather than ones of this nature but it's pretty common to offer a big settlement amount even if you think you can win at court because there are things you don't want exposing to the public record. Normally that is commercially sensitive material (e.g. a corporation who don't want to lay bare the details of their customer complaint procedures that are based on a certain % of complainants giving up at each stage if you make them submit another form etc). In Watson's case that is likely to be that he has some pretty unusual kinks - potentially ones that haven't made the public domain yet. 

So offering $100k per plaintiff to settle shouldn't in and of itself be seen as an indication of anything other than the defendant's desire for this to go away. The nature of the NDAs that the plaintiff's rejected could be more interesting. Obviously when you put it with everything else in the public domain about this case the circumstancial evidence continues to pile up. But I caution people against thinking a large settlement offer is in itself indication of wrongdoing.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

Coming ESPN Interviews:  “Deshaun, you are one of the greats of this league with your eye on a super bowl ring! So besides your sexual perversions and extremely creepy and criminal subversion of women that borders on rape and forced prostitution what do YOU think are the biggest obstacles to overcome this season to make Browns fans happy?”

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

3 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

I mean actually, they do. Well not all the time, but it is not particularly rare. Normally in commercial style disputes rather than ones of this nature but it's pretty common to offer a big settlement amount even if you think you can win at court because there are things you don't want exposing to the public record. Normally that is commercially sensitive material (e.g. a corporation who don't want to lay bare the details of their customer complaint procedures that are based on a certain % of complainants giving up at each stage if you make them submit another form etc). In Watson's case that is likely to be that he has some pretty unusual kinks - potentially ones that haven't made the public domain yet. 

So offering $100k per plaintiff to settle shouldn't in and of itself be seen as an indication of anything other than the defendant's desire for this to go away. The nature of the NDAs that the plaintiff's rejected could be more interesting. Obviously when you put it with everything else in the public domain about this case the circumstancial evidence continues to pile up. But I caution people against thinking a large settlement offer is in itself indication of wrongdoing.

While this is all true, it makes my joke less funny soooo

• Haha (+1) 3

8 hours ago, Big Turk said:

It does make sense for him to settle and I’m sure the browns want him to do so. He’s been insistent publically that he won’t. He’s maintained that he did nothing wrong, has no regrets, has never disrespected women. But looks like he did try to settle and it didn’t work. His “I’m totally innocent” defense keeps taking a hit when he admits under oath that he made one of them cry, the text that he checked on her after to apologize, and the text he sent to another one where he said he makes a lot of masseuses uncomfortable. Just to cite a few examples. He clearly knows he was not as innocent as he maintains even if (huge IF) it wasn’t intentional. It would have been better imo to admit he has an issue,  is getting help, apologize, settle, take whatever suspension, and move on. 

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 3

6 hours ago, Nextmanup said:

That's a ridiculous thing to write.

Not really. Lawyers often times will advise clients to settle because they feel they will lose in court even if they think they are innocent and it will cost them less to settle.

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.