Deshaun Watson admits under oath that Ashley Solis cried at the end of the massage

15 hours ago, Buffalo03 said:

How would Watson know if the women he hired weren't savvy enough to require that level of safety or documentation? That's a lot of going out of your way to find that out. I'm not saying nothing happened but I refuse all 23 are telling the truth

I don't care what her side says. When a woman is sewing a millionaire, I am not gonna fully believe everything they say. Like I said, women are very materialistic people, I'm not taking a side

You keep saying you’re not takin a side but then immediately take the side of the man.

16 hours ago, Buffalo03 said:

I'm not on the jury so I don't have to make that decision. I'm not taking a side on these cases. People everywhere believe women are angels. Tons of women are materialistic and they don't care. I am not gonna believe some women in these cases. Even Ashley Solis

21 hours ago, Buffalo03 said:

So now a 23rd woman decides to file suit this far into the process and people actually believe ALL these women? People might say "she could have been afraid to come out about it" but 22 women already said something, so what would she have been afraid of? This late in the game says it's about money to me 

You even go as far as to say that you automatically assume any woman is lying if the man has money. That you just assume any woman suing a man with money for sexual assault is lying because she is just materialistic.

Edited by BillsFan4

8 minutes ago, BillsFan4 said:

You keep saying you’re not takin a side but then immediately take the side of the man.

You even go as far as to say that you automatically assume any woman is lying if the man has money. That you just assume any woman who is suing a man with money of sexual assault is just lying because she is materialistic.

And people wonder why women don’t come forward in these situations  … it’s humiliating to be in the public eye and be judged like this 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 hours ago, wjag said:

It literally is the antithesis of this thread.  I find the psychology interesting.  The preponderance of statements on this board are he's guilty.  The preponderance of statements on their board is he's innocent.  What's interesting to me is how few posters on their board believe the women.  It's like 90-10 here he did it and like 90-10 there he's being extorted.  

I also find it interesting the tone of their posters.  Vulgarity rules the day or grammar there.

Another random thought.  This case strikes me as very similar to the Bill Cosby case.  Remember when it first came out your reaction was, Not Cliff Huxtable.  Can't be.  Not Fat Albert.  Can't be.  Not the pudding guy.  Can't be.  And then another person comes forward and another and another.  And guess what, it was the pudding guy.  It was Cliff Huxtable.  It was Fat Albert.

I think one of the accusations is being investigated for possible extortion and that’s what they latched onto.  That doesn’t make the other 22 accusations less credible though 

29 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

And people wonder why women don’t come forward in these situations  … it’s humiliating to be in the public eye and be judged like this 

Partly due to so many that have been found to be lying about what actually happened trying to get money or even just get guys arrested because they are vindictive if things go badly in the future between them.  Not saying this is the case or not, but it does happen a lot. Far more than people think.

Edited by Big Turk
  • Agree 1

3 minutes ago, teef said:

this applies to all humans...not just women.

i think the problem is some men are just awful with women.  choosing them, having a partner, keeping someone around.  i just can't help but to feel that if someone has this approach, it's because they were jilted at some point or just can't get the attention of a woman.  we've all been burned by someone at some point in our lives, but for the love of god get over it.  

it really is the classic definition.  

Of course everyone has. Some allow it to happen over and over again and never learn. The smart ones learn from their experiences and don't let it happen again.  If more guys would simply judge by actions instead of words they would see things much clearer.

Edited by Big Turk
  • Agree 1

Just now, Big Turk said:

Of course everyone has. Some allow it to happen over and over again and never learn. The smart ones learn from their experiences and don't let it happen again.  

you can be smart and it can still happen.  humans are a strange bunch.  to be jilted towards an entire group is just strange to me, and say more about that person than the group they're concerned about. 

• Agree 1

11 minutes ago, teef said:

you can be smart and it can still happen.  humans are a strange bunch.  to be jilted towards an entire group is just strange to me, and say more about that person than the group they're concerned about. 

I don't think judging someone by actions rather than words is jilted. I think it just allows you to see clearly.  A woman says she wants to see you all the time but then is constantly "busy" if you ask her out but finds time to hang out with friends, coworkers outside work, etc simply means she isn't in to you.  But the number of guys who will keep trying over and over again because they think to themselves "Well, she said she really wants to get together so she must be interested" is staggering.  Nobody is that busy that if they really wanted to get together that they wouldn't find a way to make it happen. That just isn't how people work. In fact, if women are interested they will normally go out of their way to make it work even if it means cutting into other areas of their life.

Women many times either are being nice because they legitimately don't want to hurt guys feelings by telling them the truth so they think telling these little white lies or pretending like they want to do something when they really don't is letting them down easy and they'll get the hint, or they are afraid to tell guys "no" because some guys can't handle and get really mad and will go off on them and call them names, etc or will get violent because their ego can't handle being rejected.  

So if guys understand the why behind it, it becomes easier to just judge actions to understand what their true interest level is.  If they make time to see you, they are interested, if they don't they aren't. Many guys could simplify their life by just having that type of outlook in place, not only with women but with a lot of different things...but unfortunately they want to believe what people say instead of what they do most times.

Edited by Big Turk

Some of the generalized views of women on this thread are really concerning.It is really gross and even scary in some cases. So much vitriol towards an entire gender. 

We get  “warning points” for talking politics out of turn around kneeling or shootings.  But providing a safe space to talk about how women are some deceptive subclass of human who have been strategically manipulating men for millennia is peak misogyny and privilege. 

I have a really bad taste in my mouth about the character of a number of people on this thread. I really hope the women in my life are not involved with them at all. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 5
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, Mango said:

Some of the generalized views of women on this thread are really concerning.It is really gross and even scary in some cases. So much vitriol towards an entire gender. 

We get  “warning points” for talking politics out of turn around kneeling or shootings.  But providing a safe space to talk about how women are some deceptive subclass of human who have been strategically manipulating men for millennia is peak misogyny and privilege. 

I have a really bad taste in my mouth about the character of a number of people on this thread. I really hope the women in my life are not involved with them at all. 

You are really naive if you think those type of women don't exist. Hopefully you don't end up learning the hard way or the expensive way.

Edited by Big Turk
  • Vomit 1
  • Agree 1

Hard to assume 24 different people with the only connection is the same profession and use social media are on lying.  Did he rape anyone?  Probably not.  Was he being a dirtbag in most of these situation? Probably so.  

3 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

I don't think judging someone by actions rather than words is jilted. I think it just allows you to see clearly.  A woman says she wants to see you all the time but then is constantly "busy" if you ask her out but finds time to hang out with friends, coworkers outside work, etc simply means she isn't in to you.  But the number of guys who will keep trying over and over again because they think to themselves "Well, she said she really wants to get together so she must be interested" is staggering.  Nobody is that busy that if they really wanted to get together that they wouldn't find a way to make it happen. That just isn't how people work. In fact, if women are interested they will normally go out of their way to make it work even if it means cutting into other areas of their life.

Women many times either are being nice because they legitimately don't want to hurt guys feelings by telling them the truth so they think telling these little white lies or pretending like they want to do something when they really don't is letting them down easy and they'll get the hint, or they are afraid to tell guys "no" because some guys can't handle and get really mad and will go off on them and call them names, etc or will get violent because their ego can't handle being rejected.  

So if guys understand the why behind it, it becomes easier to just judge actions to understand what their true interest level is.  If they make time to see you, they are interested, if they don't they aren't. Many guys could simplify their life by just having that type of outlook in place, not only with women but with a lot of different things...but unfortunately they want to believe what people say instead of what they do most times.

i certainly see where you're coming from, but this type of issue is a minor inconvenience.  if anyone, man or woman, always finds a way not to hang out, you just move on.  they're not worth your time, and you know this.  but the type of nonsense from gene where woman are being raised to manipulate to get their way...there's something deeper to examine there.  a woman who doesn't tell you to move on because she being nice is not quite the same.

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Mat68 said:

Hard to assume 24 different people with the only connection is the same profession and use social media are on lying.  Did he rape anyone?  Probably not.  Was he being a dirtbag in most of these situation? Probably so.  

Agreed, but it also isn't out of the realm of possibility you have some jumping in because they see a way to get an easy payday from a settlement and let's not discount how lawyers would want to get as many people involved in the lawsuit as possible so they might be pushing them to either say more happened than what really did, twisting something that may have happened that wasn't really intended as sexual, or asking leading questions to them so they get the answers they want and then can turn around and say "but you said that he did..." if push comes to shove.  

The truth is nobody knows how many of these claims are legit and we likely never fully will, but it wouldn't surprise me if less than half were.

Edited by Big Turk
  • Agree 1

9 minutes ago, Mango said:

This x10

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

It's usually the same people too. When the accusations are first made "These women are just money hungry." And later, "Why didn't she come forward sooner?" 🤦‍♂️

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Big Turk said:

Agreed, but it also isn't out of the realm of possibility you have some jumping in because they see a way to get an easy payday from a settlement and let's not discount how lawyers would want to get as many people involved in the lawsuit as possible so they might be pushing them to either say more happened than what really did or asking leading questions to them so they get the answers they want and then can turn around and say "but you said that he did..." if push comes to shove.  

The truth is nobody knows how many of these claims are legit, but it wouldn't surprise me if less than half were.

Sure, thats why the totality of the numbers makes it more likely he had a pattern of bad behavior than a few gold diggers looking for paydays.  Sure out of 24 are a few throwing their name in the hat?  Maybe?  All 24 are?  Not likley. He needs to settle and move along with his life.  His crusade will cost him his career imo.  The snippets of his testimony make him come off pretty bad.

20 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

It's usually the same people too. When the accusations are first made "These women are just money hungry." And later, "Why didn't she come forward sooner?" 🤦‍♂️

Yeah...sure plenty of people were waiting to throw the book at this poor guy who did nothing wrong other than picking the wrong woman to have a consensual encounter with.  The reason why there are people out there saying that stuff is that things like this happen...a lot more than people realize or want to admit.

https://www.eastidahonews.com/2021/08/woman-charged-after-detectives-say-she-falsely-accused-man-of-rape/

Estimated that up to 2-10% of all of these type of cases are false accusations.  Acting like this never happens when up to potentially 1 in every 10 cases brought to court represent falsely accused men is a little like burying your head in the sand.

https://www.avoidjail.net/blog/2020/january/false-allegations-and-sexual-assault-an-in-depth/

Edited by Big Turk

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.