Deshaun Watson admits under oath that Ashley Solis cried at the end of the massage

15 hours ago, Gene1973 said:

And exactly what actual facts does the NFL personal conduct policy have to work with to levy punishment? No criminal charges, no evidence other than believe the woman scenario. 

I don't see how they can hand out a suspension with zero actual evidence.

Oh, and go Johnny Depp!

Some UFO witnesses can sound highly believable as well...

The NFL is undergoing their own investigation 

16 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Agree he started with a genuine point about the risks of trial by social media mob culture. Unfortunately where he has ended up is somewhere else. 

Sounds like he's trying to recruit members into the He-Man Woman Haters Club

the little rascals GIF

• Haha (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Gene1973 said:

Which consists of what? Interviewing the women to hear their stories? 

If there wasn't enough to bring charges, what is the NFL investigation going to find? 

They have interviewed Watson too. 

And I have explained this once... a grand jury before indicting has to be satisfied that there is a reasonable chance of a conviction which means a reasonable chance that a court can be satisfied beyond reasonable doubt that an offence has occured. 

The NFL Personal Conduct Policy does not require the investigator to be satisfied beyond reasonable doubt, but simply on the balance of probablities. 

They are not seeking to answer the same exam question.

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Gene1973 said:

Which consists of what? Interviewing the women to hear their stories? 

If there wasn't enough to bring charges, what is the NFL investigation going to find? 

They are interviewing a lot of people including Watson and the women and an independent judge will determine if he violated the personal conduct policy. We will know the answer to these questions when the investigation is released as it was with Zeke Elliott. I’m sure you know that the findings to bring criminal charges are different than findings to violate the nfl’s personal conduct policy?

35 minutes ago, Gene1973 said:

Of course. Yet I think corporations being the arbiter of truth is dangerous.

Have you ever worked for a corporation?

When someone complains to HR about you, there are consequences. Do you think OJ Simpson would get to continue to work at Google?

My man, you need to hit the pause button on this crusade and think about what you’re saying.

16 hours ago, TheBrownBear said:

Edit:  Also, if you value your humanity, do not click the link to the Cleveland Browns fan forum thread.  It's the most disgusting thing I've read in quite some time.  

It literally is the antithesis of this thread.  I find the psychology interesting.  The preponderance of statements on this board are he's guilty.  The preponderance of statements on their board is he's innocent.  What's interesting to me is how few posters on their board believe the women.  It's like 90-10 here he did it and like 90-10 there he's being extorted.  

I also find it interesting the tone of their posters.  Vulgarity rules the day or grammar there.

Another random thought.  This case strikes me as very similar to the Bill Cosby case.  Remember when it first came out your reaction was, Not Cliff Huxtable.  Can't be.  Not Fat Albert.  Can't be.  Not the pudding guy.  Can't be.  And then another person comes forward and another and another.  And guess what, it was the pudding guy.  It was Cliff Huxtable.  It was Fat Albert.

Edited by wjag

12 hours ago, BuffaloBills1998 said:

Cracking Up Lol GIF by HULU

Nooooooo, not because you were sending women to probe his anus and possibly become sexual assault victims in the process. It was "because he's a nice person". GTFOH with that bull****. 

7 minutes ago, Gene1973 said:

That was not the case initially when she wrote the article, she had plenty of believe all women supporters.

A lot of people supported OJ Simpson too. I don't care, at all. As an independent thinking person I'm able to review the available evidence and make my own judgments. Lumping every "woman accuses man" case under one umbrella is stupid. Using one case of a woman publicly lying to say you can't make any judgment about other cases in the future is equally stupid. It would be like claiming that because OJ Simpson was found not guilty that means every murder trial is a sham. There's some logic for you, Gene. But let's be honest  You're not coming into this discussion from a position of logic. That's just a defensive mechanism for your weird brand of misogyny.

Edited by HappyDays

1 hour ago, Gene1973 said:

I work at a corporation. Been through the training, yes. IMO, things are getting out of hand. Logic is not ruling the day, and it's concerning.

There is a propensity for more humans to spue falshoods at a much higher rate to a wider audience. That is not accountability...

maybe women feel they now have a voice and are willing to speak up. Yes, some may be lying but guessing most are telling the truth and sick of putting up with guys doing what they want to them and getting away with it

30 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

I don't think I've seen one single person that has supported Amber Heard. I haven't followed the case at all but it seems that the public opinion matches up with the verdict. Also the two cases are not even remotely related. The claims are different, the number of parties involved is different, the evidence available to the public is different. You are way off base here. Nothing unusual about that though.

Depp was fired from the planned Pirates of the Caribbean movies, and was basically ignored in Hollywood for however long now, until the trial was public.  But he was definitely vilified in the public after the allegations came out.  It wasn't until the trial when the truth started coming out that everyone turned on Heard.

• Agree 1

12 minutes ago, ytownblofan said:

But according to you, the Women are lying and we can't believe them but we can blindly believe Watson and his lawyer when they deny the allegations with no proof that they are false? 

Exactly. Usually when its like a he said she said situation, I'm willing to give some benefit of the doubt.

But in this situation is he said vs she said, she said, she said, she said, she said, she said, she said, she said, she said, she said, she said, she said, she said, she said, she said, she said, she said, she said, she said, she said, she said, she said, she said, she said

Then I might be like hmmm maybe something to this. The last women that joined the lawsuit sought minimal compensation. Kind of throws the gold digger defense out 

• Like (+1) 2

4 hours ago, Gene1973 said:

Women have evolved to manipulate to get their way, this includes spreading lies to garner favorable opinions via gossip. Amber Heard wrote a story that was "stunning and brave", that a lot of people belived, so much so that Depp was severley punished losing work. Turns out that story was crap. Think Disney will give Depp his Pirates role back? Nope, character assasination has already taken place.

These women have the burden of proof in this. They need to show more proof than just verbal stories IMO.

NFL can do what they want, but they will be punishing via hersay and no factual evidence like audio/video. 

Amber Heard is a terrible comparison to this case. When Heard came forward nobody followed her, in fact essentially every romantic partner he'd previously had said how great a guy he was and that he'd never done anything like that with them. Her story also constantly changed as time went on. Heard and Depp also initially came to an agreement that they'd both drop it.(spoil alert she failed miserably)

In this case 22 women have stuck to their same story for over a year.

14 minutes ago, Gene1973 said:

So should the NFL's punishment be proportional to the number of accusers?

I have no idea, but its hard to ignore the number of accusations in this particular case. It would be irresponsible IMO to treat this as one  case vs 24.

Are there meritless cases brought up? Sure. Some people lie for money, fame, verdictive reasons ect. I'll acknowledge that, and maybe thats whats happening here. If it is, that really sucks for Watson, but besides people thinking hes a creep, he hasn't really been hurt here. He got paid all of last year to sit out (his decision mind you) and then got 230 million fully guaranteed by a desperate owner. 

I have my feelings that its very likely that Watson is at best a creepy MF and at worst a serial sexual predator.. I'm really glad he is not a Bill

6 minutes ago, Gene1973 said:

I'm just wondering if people will be upset with a six game suspension as opposed to a 6 x 24 game suspension.

I don't think it will be 6 games, but I also do not expect it to be 144 games either. 

Given the MLBs recent 2 year suspension of Trevor Bauer, it would be extremely difficult to only suspend him for 6 games and expect the public blow back not to be horrendous. As you have mentioned, the NFL is a corporation and cares about the bottom dollar. Having the public enraged, causing a loss of money and potential sponsors is also something they will consider. 

Being that he cannot be placed on the exemption list, I personally think it should be an indefinite suspension until all cases are either dismissed, settled, or court proceedings are complete. Once all cases are complete, the league can then choose to reinstate or extend his suspension based on the findings. This would allow the league to show they are taking the allegations seriously, but would also allow Watson the ability to hit the field ASAP if it is found that the cases are without basis and are dismissed. 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.