Deshaun Watson admits under oath that Ashley Solis cried at the end of the massage

1 hour ago, Putin said:

That’s what they should do , and after ALL the lawsuits are settled come up with the appropriate punishment 

Where does that end though? Watson probably will be suspended,  but a grand jury elected not to pursue charges. These are purely civil cases at this point.  Literally anyone can file civil suits for almost any reason because the burden of proof is MUCH lower. So how can you suspend someone indefinitely for something they weren't charged for,  and in which the civil trials aren't even set up yet?

I've been saying the entire time that if he was criminally guilty he should be out of the league and from everything I've seen it's likely hes going to get suspended at least some either way. 

On 5/22/2022 at 5:28 PM, cle23 said:

Where does that end though? Watson probably will be suspended,  but a grand jury elected not to pursue charges. These are purely civil cases at this point.  Literally anyone can file civil suits for almost any reason because the burden of proof is MUCH lower. So how can you suspend someone indefinitely for something they weren't charged for,  and in which the civil trials aren't even set up yet?

I've been saying the entire time that if he was criminally guilty he should be out of the league and from everything I've seen it's likely hes going to get suspended at least some either way. 

Bauer got 324 games in baseball. Anything less than a season and u look like a joke

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

On 5/22/2022 at 3:51 PM, Big Turk said:

Was there testimony as to what she cried about? 

Seems like a leading question otherwise.

He brought up the fact that she was crying at the end of the encounter.   He wasn't asked that.

10 hours ago, dneveu said:

Bauer got 324 games in baseball. Anything less than a season and u look like a joke

The NFL has worked long and hard to convert women into NFL fans.  I can't imagine they will risk this to take it easy on Watson.  So unless the NFL found evidence that all these women are working together to scam Watson he should be suspended for one year without pay. There are corporations in the US that would fire you for personal conduct much less egregious then this.  It doesn't need to be a criminal act for the NFL to bring down the hammer.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, CincyBillsFan said:

The NFL has worked long and hard to convert women into NFL fans.  I can't imagine they will risk this to take it easy on Watson.  So unless the NFL found evidence that all these women are working together to scam Watson he should be suspended for one year without pay. There are corporations in the US that would fire you for personal conduct much less egregious then this.  It doesn't need to be a criminal act for the NFL to bring down the hammer.

The problem I have with this is that the Brown’s purposely evaded the spirit of such a punishment by making his 2022 season pay vet minimum. The league shouldn’t have allowed this. A QB should not be making 1.035M a season. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 3

53 minutes ago, Saint Doug said:

The problem I have with this is that the Brown’s purposely evaded the spirit of such a punishment by making his 2022 season pay vet minimum. The league shouldn’t have allowed this. A QB should not be making 1.035M a season. 

The thing is though, this isn't true.  They did the exact same thing will all of their big contracts recently.  Garrett, Ward, Chubb, restructured Cooper.  It looks bad, but you can't ignore that they did it with everyone, not just Watson.

2 hours ago, Saint Doug said:

This has happened before where a player got a very low rate because his salary was being paid for by previous team but clearly there intent was to shield him from penalties to get him to sign.  Teams have also converted salary to bonus for same reason.

15 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

I mean that's true, but they might care that he appears like he's been competently prepped.

Can't always control their clients.  But I really don't think they are sweating this.  It's a high profile case that only keeps their rep as a go to firm, win or lose.

27 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Why does that seem like "a leading question"?

Because they don't try and establish the reason as to why which is important to Watson's defense but the prosecutor doesn't want him to answer that because it allows them to speculate as to the why.

Edited by Big Turk

4 hours ago, cle23 said:

The thing is though, this isn't true.  They did the exact same thing will all of their big contracts recently.  Garrett, Ward, Chubb, restructured Cooper.  It looks bad, but you can't ignore that they did it with everyone, not just Watson.

Easy work-around is to just tack on a fine.  16 games plus a substantial fine.  

Edited by dneveu

2 hours ago, Limeaid said:

This has happened before where a player got a very low rate because his salary was being paid for by previous team but clearly there intent was to shield him from penalties to get him to sign.  Teams have also converted salary to bonus for same reason.

Teams convert salary to bonus to get around the cap, not suspensions. 

How many other teams have done this?  Honestly asking. 

22 minutes ago, dneveu said:

Easy work-around is to just tack on a fine.  16 games plus a substantial fine.  

I am not sure they can do that.  We'd have to look into the CBA, but I highly doubt players can be fined directly for off the field problems.  On the field, sure, but I don't think they can be fined for anything off the field.  

Edited by cle23

1 hour ago, Big Turk said:

Because they don't try and establish the reason as to why which is important to Watson's defense but the prosecutor doesn't want him to answer that because it allows them to speculate as to the why.

Uhhh wut?  Have you read anything about this at all? It doesn’t seem so, at all. 

There is no prosecutor.  He’s being sued.  It’s a civil deposition. 

He was asked why he sent an apology text after that massage.  HE decided to answer by disclosing to the plaintiffs lawyer that she was crying at the end of the massage. 

9 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

He brought up the fact that she was crying at the end of the encounter.   He wasn't asked that.

Specifically he was asked why he sent a text apologizing to her.  

1 hour ago, dneveu said:

How many teams trade for a guy who's very liikely to get suspended for a year?

If reports are to be believed 13 teams - to some extent at least - tried to trade for Watson. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.