Deshaun Watson admits under oath that Ashley Solis cried at the end of the massage

3 hours ago, BarleyNY said:

No.  Two grand juries already declined to indict him.  So just civil cases and NFL punishment to come.

Yea. A further grand jury could be convened but they would beed more than testimony from the alleged victims to do so, however harrowing that testimony might be. They would need physical evidence or strong third party witness evidence essentially. 

EDIT: as a litigation strategy these interviews appear designed to put more pressure on a settlement. They will unquestionably put more pressure on the NFL to move from its "wait and see" stance which I have been critical of since the allegations arose last spring.

Edited by GunnerBill

7 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

Yea. A further grand jury could be convened but they would beed more than testimony from the alleged victims to do so, however harrowing that testimony might be. They would need physical evidence or strong third party witness evidence essentially. 

EDIT: as a litigation strategy these interviews appear designed to put more pressure on a settlement. They will unquestionably put more pressure on the NFL to move from its "wait and see" stance which I have been critical of since the allegations arose last spring.

The answer is no with almost 100% certainty.  I can’t see any reason that the grand juries were utilized other than to give prosecutors political rear end coverage for not bringing charges.  They either knew they couldn’t get a conviction or that the evidence was not sufficient to bring charges.  They needed a way out of indicting Watson that wasn’t on them and they found it.  There’s no way they wade back into that kind of mess without incontrovertible evidence - and where are they going to get that now?  So barring some damning bit of evidence that Buzbee has been sitting on coming to light there won’t be any more criminal action.  Oh, and remember who Buzbee is.  If he has that piece of info, he’ll use it as leverage to get a payday, not send Watson to jail.

• Like (+1) 1

49 minutes ago, BarleyNY said:

The answer is no with almost 100% certainty.  I can’t see any reason that the grand juries were utilized other than to give prosecutors political rear end coverage for not bringing charges.  They either knew they couldn’t get a conviction or that the evidence was not sufficient to bring charges.  They needed a way out of indicting Watson that wasn’t on them and they found it.  There’s no way they wade back into that kind of mess without incontrovertible evidence - and where are they going to get that now?  So barring some damning bit of evidence that Buzbee has been sitting on coming to light there won’t be any more criminal action.  Oh, and remember who Buzbee is.  If he has that piece of info, he’ll use it as leverage to get a payday, not send Watson to jail.

Yea I totally agree. It is technically possible but extremely unlikely. 

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

not necessarily strategy—they are pretrial depositions in civil suits. Part of discovery.

9 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Oh so the tv is just broadcasting the depositions? I thought these were separate media interviews?

No the depo wasn't broadcast.  The OP linked to an article describing the testimony from deposition transcripts released by the plaintiff's lawyer.

25 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

No the depo wasn't broadcast.  The OP linked to an article describing the testimony from deposition transcripts released by the plaintiff's lawyer.

Yea but more recent in the thread is the TV interviews. If they are a separate thing the decision to do them is 100% part of a litigation strategy. 

1 hour ago, GunnerBill said:

Yea but more recent in the thread is the TV interviews. If they are a separate thing the decision to do them is 100% part of a litigation strategy. 

The plaintiff TV/HBO interviews?     Pretty typical in high profile civil cases--go right to the public.

Just now, GoBills808 said:

They broadcast depositions in Texas?

I have no idea. I was asking the question. Seems that wasn't what WEO was saying.

8 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

The plaintiff TV/HBO interviews?     Pretty typical in high profile civil cases--go right to the public.

Yea - as part of a litigation strategy. You set the public narrative you put the pressure on the defendant. They are trying to tighten the screws on Watson, my point was a consequence of that is it will put the pressure on Goodell's bizarre wait and see strategy too. 

18 hours ago, wppete said:

12-24 month suspension? 

I think the HBO Real Sports interviews of the Woman will be telling. Most everything we’ve heard is through the Lawyers. I can’t see the NFL letting him play if these interviews paint a savage display towards woman. Until everything is cleared up. Not sure what that window is. Have to believe that’s up to Watson as these are civil and not criminal charges

• Like (+1) 1

38 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I have no idea. I was asking the question. Seems that wasn't what WEO was saying.

Yea - as part of a litigation strategy. You set the public narrative you put the pressure on the defendant. They are trying to tighten the screws on Watson, my point was a consequence of that is it will put the pressure on Goodell's bizarre wait and see strategy too. 

Not at all.

There was no public broadcast of the deposition.  The transcripts were released by the plaintiff's lawyer.

Just now, Mr. WEO said:

Not at all.

There was no public broadcast of the deposition.  The transcripts were released by the plaintiff's lawyer.

Yes. That is what I meant. I thought you might have been saying it was broadcast. I had misunderstood your point. 

• Like (+1) 1

20 hours ago, Paul Costa said:

He will be suspended indefinitely until the lawsuits are settled. 

That’s what they should do , and after ALL the lawsuits are settled come up with the appropriate punishment 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.