Deshaun Watson admits under oath that Ashley Solis cried at the end of the massage

24 minutes ago, cba fan said:

i have chronic back pain. Prove i don't.

i have a headache. Prove i don't.

While it is possible things go this way, faking injury is not the best way for someone to set themselves up for their next opportunity.

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

Employers are allowed to set their own standards of behavior, aside from what is legal/illegal/criminal.

Sadly the law is the law and the people that make you money are above it when it comes to these decisions. 

Most companies punish people for this type of thing when the law fails.   The nfl uses their "shield" to protect themselves instead.  

2 hours ago, Nextmanup said:

I disagree.  The law should be left to the law.

The NFL should stay out of it.

So I am the ultimate the law is the law guy and have taken heat for it on this Watson topic. 

However, the personal conduct policy allows the NFL to discipline someone for conduct that is not criminal but is to the detriment of the league. They should apply that policy properly and fully with regards to Watson. 

9 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

However, the personal conduct policy allows the NFL to discipline someone for conduct that is not criminal but is to the detriment of the league. They should apply that policy properly and fully with regards to Watson. 

The NFL is conducting their own investigation. Would the NFL release their ‘punishment’ on Watson prior to the settlement of these 22 cases? If they did and it was severe, could this be leveraged for the plaintiffs?

Edited by Mr Info

4 minutes ago, Mr Info said:

The NFL is conducting their own investigation. Would the NFL release their ‘punishment’ on Watson prior to the settlement of these 22 cases? If they did and it was severe, could this be leveraged for the plaintiffs?

On the first question, who knows? On the second question leveraged in terms if a better settlement, unquestionably. The court should still decide on the evidence in front of it regardless of the outside noise... but given that you guys still have jury trial in civil cases frankly it is naive to think the jury would totally ignore it.

15 minutes ago, The Wiz said:

Sadly the law is the law and the people that make you money are above it when it comes to these decisions. 

Most companies punish people for this type of thing when the law fails.   The nfl uses their "shield" to protect themselves instead.  

Agree on NFL, but disagree on companies.  They do little besides protect themselves and do what is in the interest of those at the top.

40 minutes ago, BarleyNY said:

Agree on NFL, but disagree on companies.  They do little besides protect themselves and do what is in the interest of those at the top.

I agree with you about the companies in a sense.   A lot of the time they are forced out without incident or public knowledge is the issue. 

I've seen it happen right under my nose with a co-worker that no one outside of the place ever heard about. 

Edited by The Wiz

1 hour ago, The Wiz said:

I agree with you about the companies in a sense.   A lot of the time they are forced out without incident or public knowledge is the issue. 

I've seen it happen right under my nose with a co-worker that no one outside of the place ever heard about. 

I admit that I'm generalizing with respect to companies.  Most of the ones I’ve worked for have lacked ethics to a moderate or large degree.  Laws were meant to either be adhered to technically or the violation of them was to be separated from management enough that they could claim ignorance.  Luckily I am happy to be at a company that is very ethical, which has been a refreshing change. 

Edited by BarleyNY

6 hours ago, Nextmanup said:

The NFL has a personal conduct policy...            What happens in the legal system isn't all that relevant if the NFL finds that the policy has been breached.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

7 hours ago, Nextmanup said:

That’s not how the world works. Your employee can discipline you regardless of the law. You can steal from work, your place of employment can refuse to press charges but terminate you because of it. Or you can assault someone outside of work, and your workplace can still terminate you over it because of the bad optics and potential you’ll bring that behaviour over.

Why should these players be allowed to keep their jobs and money without repercussion?

This is such a crazy story.

7 hours ago, Nextmanup said:

The NFL would love to stay out of all matter outside of football but the problem is they make a lot revenue off of networks and advertising. So basically the NFL will do whatever the networks and advertisers want. If it gets to a point where public pressure is too strong then the NFL will act.

Remember Ray Rice got away with it. He was getting a 2 game suspension and keeping his job. Then the video dropped and the public pressure was too much. He was immediately released and suspended indefinitely for the same thing.

5 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

On the first question, who knows? On the second question leveraged in terms if a better settlement, unquestionably. The court should still decide on the evidence in front of it regardless of the outside noise... but given that you guys still have jury trial in civil cases frankly it is naive to think the jury would totally ignore it.

this isn’t a matter of the law, per se.  It’s a civil case.  And I don’t think the eventual nfl penalty will affect the ultimate payout he will give up to the plaintiffs

10 hours ago, Nextmanup said:

This has nothing to do with the law. The NFL is not going to punish Watson according to the law. They are going to punish him according to their personal conduct policy.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

It’s going from a bad to worse to a lot worse to he is F’d…. Can’t wait to watch this HBO Documentary on Deshaun Watson expose on Tuesday. He’s probably done after this airs. 

Deshaun Watson’s lawyernot optimisticabout HBO’s treatment of the case

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2022/05/21/deshaun-watsons-lawyer-not-optimistic-about-hbos-treatment-of-the-case/

Edited by wppete

11 minutes ago, wppete said:

It’s going from a bad to worse to a lot worse to he is F’d…. Can’t wait to watch this HBO Documentary on Deshaun Watson expose on Tuesday. He’s probably done after this airs. 

Deshaun Watson’s lawyernot optimisticabout HBO’s treatment of the case

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2022/05/21/deshaun-watsons-lawyer-not-optimistic-about-hbos-treatment-of-the-case/

Well yeah. At best Watson is a creepy dude that likes to get women to touch his junk in awkward situations. At worst, he has done some awful awful things. 

Me thinks It’s not going to look great for Watson 

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Captain Hindsight said:

Well yeah. At best Watson is a creepy dude that likes to get women to touch his junk in awkward situations. At worst, he has done some awful awful things. 

Prison or not? 

20 minutes ago, Captain Hindsight said:

Or the Browns. I just keep saying it, but it starts with the owners and works it’s way down. I don’t know how they can overcome Haslam. That fully guaranteed contract was idiotic, desperate and bad for the league. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.