Deshaun Watson admits under oath that Ashley Solis cried at the end of the massage

2 hours ago, 13 Second Prevent Defense said:

I sympathize with Browns fans but the owner is a scumbag, part of me hopes this totally blows up in their face and they pay him 230 million to never play a down.

Most of which goes to settle civil lawsuits.

16 hours ago, nosejob said:

I don't see why some team can't give a later rd. pick and get the Browns to eat at least 75% of Baker's 18 mil.

If I were planning on Davis Mills or say...Winston, I'd be thinking of pulling this off before Wadson gets suspended.

I'd think someone would at least try it. What's gonna happen if Baker has ( get's forced) to play when supposedly he lost the locker room?

Enter the Hoodie...

I suspect the hold up with trading Mayfield has been that the Browns have not dropped their asking price - the combination of eating salary and draft pick compensation - enough.  I think they’re hoping they get a desperate team.  I see the logic.  There really isn’t much risk to holding onto him for a bit.  Heck, there’s still the chance that Mayfield’s emotions get the best of him and they wind up not owing him anything. 

• Like (+1) 1

On 5/17/2022 at 11:14 PM, Fred Marchibroda said:

I have to STRONGLY disagree here.  For reference, I would like to point you to Dion Dawkins "A Letter to Bills Mafia" from January 2020.  Truer words have never been spoken.  For reference.....

"Dear Bills Mafia aka #BillsMafia aka The Mafia aka Bills Family aka Bills Familia aka Bills Nation aka LET’S GO BUFFALO aka Best Fans in the NFL aka BITW aka Best In The World,

Dion Dawkins here, aka Dion From the O-Line aka DDawks aka “The Shnowman” aka #73 aka Dion — and there’s a lot that I need to write y’all about.

First things first and it’s a pretty serious issue. 
It’s an epidemic sweeping across America.

It’s called “people wanting to jump on this Bills bandwagon.” No, for real — talk to your loved ones about it. Here are the symptoms: You see someone getting very bored with their current football team. They’re just not vibing with it like they used to. And then on the other hand they look and see what’s happening in Buffalo, with Bills Nation. They see a team on the rise, with an exciting core of young studs, two playoff berths in the last three seasons, and the best fans that ever lived.

And this is where it gets dangerous: Those people, they think to themselves, Man. I need to get on this Bills bandwagon for next season!! I need to become a Bills fan now. And they try to jump on.

I have an important message for those people:

DO NOT TRY THIS.

DO NOT — I REPEAT, DO NOT — ATTEMPT TO ACCESS THE BILLS BANDWAGON AT THIS TIME. WE ARE CURRENTLY AT CAPACITY.

THE BUFFALO BILLS BANDWAGON IS FULL.

Yes, you heard me correctly: The bandwagon is full.

We are no longer accepting new passengers. This is NOT a buy-low opportunity. Us real ones, we’ve BEEN here — been on this ride for years. And we’re GOOD. So to everyone else, everyone who’s trying to hop on in 2020??? Just know, We ain’t got nothing for you. Take it somewhere else. This wagon is full. There is. no. room.

Alright….. thank you."

Nuff Said!!!!!!

https://www.theplayerstribune.com/articles/dion-dawkins-buffalo-bills-mafia

Actually I think Dion and his letter are wrong.  He is taking a narrow view imo trying to keep the current success exclusive to only current existing fans.  I get that he's probably just trying to convey that he feels strongly about the fans that have been behind the team through good and bad years.

However, he has lived in Buffalo long enough he should know to his core that the spirit of Buffalonians is generosity and giving not being self centered and selfish. And yes not allowing a new fan who wants to get on the bandwagon would be extremely selfish.  I welcome anyone who wishes to cheer the Bills on.  There is plenty of room for everyone that wants to be BillsMafia and I hope some of his teammates pointed that out to him after reading his letter.   No need to worry that it will diminish the joy long- suffering fans will have when they bring home the Lombardi.  Those of us that lived through the bad times will have more than their fill of these good times.

Edited by AuntieEm
  • Agree 1
  • Dislike 1

3 hours ago, BarleyNY said:

I suspect the hold up with trading Mayfield has been that the Browns have not dropped their asking price - the combination of eating salary and draft pick compensation - enough.  I think they’re hoping they get a desperate team.  I see the logic.  There really isn’t much risk to holding onto him for a bit.  Heck, there’s still the chance that Mayfield’s emotions get the best of him and they wind up not owing him anything. 

Well I feel Baker is a good enough QB to take a team deep into the playoffs. To me he looked like money against KC...until KC couldn't be stopped. If he has to suck it up and play hopefully he'll have Stephanski (sp?) on his side.

I really feel bad for Baker.....signed, Carson Palmer, Tim couch and Akili Smith.

5 hours ago, BarleyNY said:

If Mayfield holds out they save money which they really need to do.  I think this year will be a bust of Browns either way.

5 hours ago, AuntieEm said:

Actually I think Dion and his letter are wrong.  He is taking a narrow view imo trying to keep the current success exclusive to only current existing fans.  I get that he's probably just trying to convey that he feels strongly about the fans that have been behind the team through good and bad years.

However, he has lived in Buffalo long enough he should know to his core that the spirit of Buffalonians is generosity and giving not being self centered and selfish. And yes not allowing a new fan who wants to get on the bandwagon would be extremely selfish.  I welcome anyone who wishes to cheer the Bills on.  There is plenty of room for everyone that wants to be BillsMafia and I hope some of his teammates pointed that out to him after reading his letter.   No need to worry that it will diminish the joy long- suffering fans will have when they bring home the Lombardi.  Those of us that lived through the bad times will have more than their fill of these good times.

Totally agree! The more the merrier! Having a team that attracts bandwagon fans is a good thing.

I remember when the Bills were a trendy bandwagon team in the 90’s and I thought it was great. You’d see Bills players in commercials and movies. You’d see Bills merchandise everywhere (I remember seeing pictures of people half way around the world wearing bills gear), even in movies. It was trendy to be a Bills fan. Then I got to experience about 2 decades where the Bills were completely irrelevant, and even a laughing stock. I very much prefer the former because it means the Bills are a good team. All good teams have bandwagon fans. It comes with the territory.

I understood Dion’s point at the time he wrote that article. Allen was just having his breakout season, as were the Bills. Up to that point the team had been pushing that underdog “us against the world” mentality. The team fed off being doubted. Dawkins believed all along that they would become a good team and was saying if you weren’t with us during the bad, you don’t get to be with us during the good.

But it’s not up to him to decide. Nor is it up to any Bills fan. And personally I don’t think a small market team like Buffalo should be pushing away any fans. The more fans we have, the more powerful we are as a team.

and TBH I never really understood “gatekeeper” fans (yes, I know it was a bills player that wrote this) who think they can tell others who can & can’t be fans of the team. Or that they’re not allowed to be fans if they (fill in the blank (ex: root for ‘x’ team)).

On 5/17/2022 at 9:19 PM, HappyDays said:

There were also leaked text messages of him apologizing to one of the women for making them feel uncomfortable. He ended that text by saying "let me know if you want to work in the future." The dude is a serial predator. Hopefully the NFL punishes him as such.

It was the same woman. 

22 hours ago, BuffaloBills1998 said:

I think there’s a chance he could be suspended for the whole 22 season. MLB just suspended Bauer for 324 games. 

Ya I know.

But the details in Bauer's case were a lot more extreme. (Violence)

(This is not to excuse Watson as what he allegedly did is awful)

4 hours ago, cle23 said:

It was the same woman. 

We know you hope so.  You’re entire nfl fandom for the next 10 years rests on goodells decision.  MLB set the precedent with Bauer.  Different cases.  Different crimes. Watson should suspended for the 2023 season minimum.  

2 minutes ago, NewEra said:

We know you hope so.  You’re entire nfl fandom for the next 10 years rests on goodells decision.  MLB set the precedent with Bauer.  Different cases.  Different crimes. Watson should suspended for the 2023 season minimum.  

I'm telling you, the texts released were from the same woman as described.  There could be others that they haven't released, who knows.  But what is listed and what is described via the testimony is about the same woman.  

I've said before, I didn't want to trade for Watson.  Huge gamble obviously,  They did, and as fans we live with it.  

Also, quit comparing Bauer and Watson.  If Watson is guilty, he deserves whatever punishment he gets, but Bauer allegedly violently assaulted/choked/sodomized a woman.  Both are crimes, but they aren't the same crime.  The Bauer case also has photo and text evidence, though the texts I saw were really confusing.

9 hours ago, BillsFan130 said:

Ya I know.

But the details in Bauer's case were a lot more extreme. (Violence)

(This is not to excuse Watson as what he allegedly did is awful)

I think the NFL needs to keep Watson suspended indefinitely until more facts on the other lawsuits are established.  Given what’s been revealed in lawsuit #1, what more might get shared in lawsuits #2-22?  Even if one deems the facts in lawsuit #1 to be not as “extreme” as instances elsewhere, which is debatable itself, what other bombshells are just waiting to be released?  I know Watson will be meeting with the NFL, but how can they trust anything he’s saying until more of the legal process plays out?  The NFL will have A LOT of egg on the face if they let him on the football field and more is revealed at that point.

19 hours ago, Limeaid said:

If Mayfield holds out they save money which they really need to do.  I think this year will be a bust of Browns either way.

They can void his contract if he doesn’t show or refuses to play (unless he has a legitimate football related injury).  They’d do that in a heartbeat. 

On 5/18/2022 at 8:41 PM, BillsFan130 said:

He should be suspended for the full year.

But I can't seeing the nfl suspending him the full year.

I will predict 8-10 games 

I disagree.  The law should be left to the law.

The NFL should stay out of it.

• Disagree 2
  • Dislike 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.