Deshaun Watson admits under oath that Ashley Solis cried at the end of the massage

This guy is a total loser. I would hate to be a Browns fan. And I know the Browns are a "2nd team" for a lot of Bills fans. Maybe not anymore.

23 minutes ago, BarleyNY said:

I think context matters with respect to sex workers.  IMO it matters a great deal whether a sex worker is trafficked - and whether someone paying for their services could reasonably assume that they were.  In Watson’s case I doubt that the women involved were, but that’s not to say that he is not guilty of other things.  I’m not getting worked up about him asking masseuses (and non-masseuses) for a HJ, but (allegedly) intentionally exposing himself and moving his body to cause his naughty bits to touch them is definitely way over a line.

My first point above about sex workers is why I have such a huge issue with Robert Kraft and his frequenting of the Florida massage parlor.  It’s common for trafficked women to be forced to work in those places and that’s not exactly a secret.  Even if he could feign ignorance, it was made public that it was indeed the case.  The women there had been lured to the US with the promise of legitimate jobs, then had their passports taken from them, were isolated and forced to work there.  Even after all of that came out he did nothing to help them.  A negligible amount of money for him could have helped them all, including the ones he took advantage of.  You’d think he’d have some small amount decency (yeah, I know).

It's so weird. Still wonder why such a high profile rich guy would visit such a place. Simple answer is that he was trying to keep it secret and off the books, but you wonder if there's something even more sinister to it.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

3 hours ago, BarleyNY said:

It’s exactly the same structure as any large contract.  Von Miller’s is structured the same way, with a vet minimum salary in year 1.  The Browns would have actually helped themselves by putting more salary into games that Watson would be suspended for.  That’s because teams recoup cap space for the forfeited salary in that situation.

Correct. They decided to help Watson and his earning potential in light of a looming suspension vs help themselves. Basically getting on their hands and knees to accommodate someone with 22 pending lawsuits. 

Was it the owner, the GM or the HC of the Browns that was the driving force behind acquiring Watson ?

It still could end up working out for the Browns or it's a move that will set the Browns back for the next decade. I'd put my money on the factory of sadness continuing for a long long time.

6 minutes ago, frostbitmic said:

Was it the owner, the GM or the HC of the Browns that was the driving force behind acquiring Watson ?

It still could end up working out for the Browns or it's a move that will set the Browns back for the next decade. I'd put my money on the factory of sadness continuing for a long long time.

I don’t know who was pushing for Watson (and that crazy deal), but it’s hard to overcome a terrible owner. Nearly impossible. 

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, frostbitmic said:

by most accounts. it was the owner, Haslam.  Another ego driven owner like Ross of the Dolphins trying to get Watson as well.

Yes it could end up well but with each passing day looks less and less likely.  Have to consider Watson hasn't played in a year and he will be lucky to play this year.  And the PR fallout on the Browns is getting worse by the Watson revelation.

At this point, for it to be a "success", Watson has to, at a minimum, bring them to the Super Bowl.

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

49 minutes ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

Sex trafficking is an entire new aspect ......far beyond the scope of this board and my expertise.

Also there are some cultural issues involved.  Go to the  Philippines or Thailand and there is little to no stigma to getting paid for sex.

And correct me if I am wrong, neither Kraft or Watson were held criminally liable BUT is there any doubt what Kraft did?  The NFL in yet another act of letting important people off Scot free.  Because of Kraft the NFL might have a legal issue about suspending Watson or at least that is an angle I would play of Watson gets hit hard.

That’s fair.  IMO sex work where it is legal and it isn’t a situation where people are being exploited or put at risk is very different.  Not really my thing, but I’ve got no problem with it. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, LeGOATski said:

It's so weird. Still wonder why such a high profile rich guy would visit such a place. Simple answer is that he was trying to keep it secret and off the books, but you wonder if there's something even more sinister to it.

Yeah.  It’s nuts.  He could’ve had kept women with signed NDAs across the country (and globe) and it wouldn’t have been a blip on his financial radar.  If all parties are happy with that kind of arrangement, then that seems fairly simple to me and a whole lot safer than going to a seedy rub and tug.  Just the possibility of extortion alone….

• Like (+1) 1

58 minutes ago, krf139 said:

Correct. They decided to help Watson and his earning potential in light of a looming suspension vs help themselves. Basically getting on their hands and knees to accommodate someone with 22 pending lawsuits. 

I would think that it is structured how Watson’s agent would have insisted it be done.  Ultimately the NFL can postpone any suspension until after the courts finish.  Then it would be served when he’s be making a much higher salary.  The only wrench in the works is timing. His deal is set up to be restructured next season, which would look even worse than this does now - even though it’s also pretty standard cap stuff. 

3 hours ago, JDubya76 said:

What amazes me was that in the beginning most people that heard it was an unlicensed massage therapist automatically assumed they were whores. 

in reality, as the truth comes to light it would seem that they were just regular people looking to earn some scratch as an unlicensed masseuse. Sure, probably some pros in there but I bet the bulk of complainants were just average women.

"She must’ve been menstrual" was the very first comment you made... not only was it crude and unnecessary, but it *wait for it* jumped to conclusions. It's more like disgust rather than amazing in my eyes.

Edited by EasternOHBillsFan
  • Like (+1) 1

I don't see why some team can't give a later rd. pick and get the Browns to eat at least 75% of Baker's 18 mil.

If I were planning on Davis Mills or say...Winston, I'd be thinking of pulling this off before Wadson gets suspended.

I'd think someone would at least try it. What's gonna happen if Baker has ( get's forced) to play when supposedly he lost the locker room?

Enter the Hoodie...

11 minutes ago, EasternOHBillsFan said:

"She must’ve been menstrual" was the very first comment you made... not only was it crude and unnecessary, but it *wait for it* jumped to conclusions. It's more like disgust rather than amazing in my eyes.

We really do need a sarcasm emoji. For the third time, he made a comment that he wasn’t sure why the girl had tears in her eyes at the end of the massage session.

My comment was a shot at the fact that despite all of the deposition content leaking from the civil case that they still couldn’t come to a criminal indictment. Followed by a sarcastic use of an example of a typical sexist defense of a predator that is pervasive throughout a patriarchal society. Well, she must’ve been menstrual. She’s just a fragile female. It must be that time of the month. If she’s there she must have been asking for it. Look how she was dressed, she wants it. She said stop but she didn’t mean it. She said no but it’s not a big deal. As if the above sexist comments must be the reason she was tearing up and not the fact that she was sexually assaulted. 

Everything else I have posted in any thread on this topic, without the use of sarcasm, has been in support of the women involved in the case and in condemnation of Watson’s actions. 

• Like (+1) 1

45 minutes ago, JDubya76 said:

We really do need a sarcasm emoji. For the third time, he made a comment that he wasn’t sure why the girl had tears in her eyes at the end of the massage session.

My comment was a shot at the fact that despite all of the deposition content leaking from the civil case that they still couldn’t come to a criminal indictment. Followed by a sarcastic use of an example of a typical sexist defense of a predator that is pervasive throughout a patriarchal society. Well, she must’ve been menstrual. She’s just a fragile female. It must be that time of the month. If she’s there she must have been asking for it. Look how she was dressed, she wants it. She said stop but she didn’t mean it. She said no but it’s not a big deal. As if the above sexist comments must be the reason she was tearing up and not the fact that she was sexually assaulted. 

Everything else I have posted in any thread on this topic, without the use of sarcasm, has been in support of the women involved in the case and in condemnation of Watson’s actions. 

I thought it was pretty clearly sarcasm by how over the top it was, but still, you're walking a fine line there and I can see how others would be offended.  Sometimes it's better to hit that cancel button.

10 minutes ago, Putin said:

He’s a POS Browns to me are the patriots*** 2.0 and I hope they lose every game that he’s a starter !!! 

Belichick left a little bit of stank in Cleveland when he moved on to the Cheaters*. He’s cursed them the way Fitzy uses his black magic on starting QB’s. Beware! 

This really seems like a match made in heaven for both parties the Browns have made a bunch of foolish mistakes in the no to distant past but had looked to be coming out of it until they signed Watson .

What were they thinking that any of this would look in any way good on the team with no given reactions to what the accusers have said to this point yet . Sure you have a guy that can play the QB position better than most but when & how long will it take & what will it look like in it's conclusion ?

TO guarantee that kind of cash then to completely piss of your #1 over all QB pick that has done good things for the franchise that makes him ask for a trade WTH were they thinking i guess it is just the Browns being the Browns .

• Like (+1) 1

23 hours ago, BuffaloBills1998 said:

I think there’s a good chance he gets suspended the whole 22 season and possibly more depending how much more ugly this gets. 

He should be suspended for the full year.

But I can't seeing the nfl suspending him the full year.

I will predict 8-10 games 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.