Deshaun Watson admits under oath that Ashley Solis cried at the end of the massage

He will get a 3-6 game suspension and a relative slap on the wrist from the NFL. I think it is disgusting, and that the league is ridiculously hypocritical for promoting “women in football” and then turning around and letting a team give a huge, fully guaranteed contract to a serial molester. But what do I know...

• Like (+1) 4

15 minutes ago, papazoid said:

guy getting a massage gets aroused, tosses his towel to the side and asks for a happy ending

if thats a crime....build more prisons

There's degrees to a crime. If this was at a Spa Envy, that would be absolute highest degree of gross... but there's somewhat of a middle ground here. Seems atleast several of these women were sex workers.

Not something you sweep up and ignore, but also not the worst degree of the crimes either. I won't be surprised when the defense introduces evidence that these woman were tugging other dudes for money. Wonder how much if at all, that would change public opinion.

• Agree 1

53 minutes ago, krf139 said:

The Browns should really be getting more heat for structuring the contract that way. While nothing prohibited them from doing it, they’re being somewhat complicit to everything going on.

It’s exactly the same structure as any large contract.  Von Miller’s is structured the same way, with a vet minimum salary in year 1.  The Browns would have actually helped themselves by putting more salary into games that Watson would be suspended for.  That’s because teams recoup cap space for the forfeited salary in that situation.

39 minutes ago, papazoid said:

guy getting a massage gets aroused, tosses his towel to the side and asks for a happy ending

if thats a crime....build more prisons

here educate your brain

you can also be forced to register as a sex offender on some states. 

https://www.findlaw.com/state/criminal-laws/indecent-exposure-laws-by-state.html

you must view massage therapists as whores. 

Edited by nedboy7

12 minutes ago, BillsShredder83 said:

There's degrees to a crime. If this was at a Spa Envy, that would be absolute highest degree of gross... but there's somewhat of a middle ground here. Seems atleast several of these women were sex workers.

Not something you sweep up and ignore, but also not the worst degree of the crimes either. I won't be surprised when the defense introduces evidence that these woman were tugging other dudes for money. Wonder how much if at all, that would change public opinion.

Unless they were ALL sex workers the fact that some "seem" to be is irrelevant.

And sure, some of them maybe did "tug" other dudes for money but again, unless it was everyone  of the 22 that is irrelevant.  The Defense will drag each of the 22 through the mud and we wonder why women are afraid to bring up sexual accusations.

And  I agree,  certainly not the worst crime.

• Agree 1

7 minutes ago, BarleyNY said:

It’s exactly the same structure as any large contract.  Von Miller’s is structured the same way, with a vet minimum salary in year 1.  The Browns would have actually helped themselves by putting more salary into games that Watson would be suspended for.  That’s because teams recoup cap space for the forfeited salary in that situation.

Another concession they made (at their expense) to entice him to Cleveland. Dude must really have not wanted to play there. Well see how motivated he actually is now

1 minute ago, BillsShredder83 said:

Another concession they made (at their expense) to entice him to Cleveland. Dude must really have not wanted to play there. Well see how motivated he actually is now

Fully guaranteeing the contract was almost certainly what Cleveland did to entice him.  The structure was standard practice for cap purposes.

54 minutes ago, buffaloboyinATL said:

He will get a 3-6 game suspension and a relative slap on the wrist from the NFL. I think it is disgusting, and that the league is ridiculously hypocritical for promoting “women in football” and then turning around and letting a team give a huge, fully guaranteed contract to a serial molester. But what do I know...

Completely agree. Would like to a see reporter with a backbone ask Kim Pegula her thoughts and position on this topic as President and owner of the Buffalo Bills. She pushes hard for women in the NFL and Bills. 🤔. Should be interesting. End of the day it’s all about money for these people. IMO. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, wppete said:

Completely agree. Would like to a see reporter with a backbone ask Kim Pegula her thoughts and position on this topic as President and owner of the Buffalo Bills. She pushes hard for women in the NFL and Bills. 🤔. Should be interesting. End of the day it’s all about money for these people. IMO. 

My guess is that she'd say that what she's read so far disturbs her, but will leave it up to the courts to uncover the truth and the league to take appropriate action.  

37 minutes ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

And sure, some of them maybe did "tug" other dudes for money but again, unless it was everyone  of the 22 that is irrelevant.  The Defense will drag each of the 22 through the mud and we wonder why women are afraid to bring up sexual accusations.

Even if they were all sex workers it’s still a crime. Definitely not the worst crime but still a crime 

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, BuffaloBills1998 said:

Even if they were all sex workers it’s still a crime. Definitely not the worst crime but still a crime 

Correct, unless a state has legalized prostitution, it would still be a crime.  But IMO if they were all "sex workers", that would be a major mitigating factor.

• Agree 1

Just now, RoyBatty is alive said:

Correct, unless a state has legalized prostitution, it would still be a crime.  But IMO if they were all "sex workers", that would be a major mitigating factor.

But for one of them to cry and feel uncomfortable tells me that most if not all are not sex workers. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

42 minutes ago, mannc said:

That’s just not true.

There was a story 2 or 3 years back about Jets forcing a guy to play through something unreasonable. Team doctors came back and basically said the guy was required to play, despite completely contradictory opinions by outside doctors.

They fined him very heavily over the whole thing. I was pretty shocked at the time that team doctors ultimately had the final say over whether has to play or not

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/sport/2019/oct/29/kelechi-osemele-injury-shoulder-surgery-new-york-jets-nfl

https://www.cincyjungle.com/2019/10/17/20919487/bengals-cordy-glenn-injury-concussion-nfl-rumors-news

Edited by BillsShredder83
Quick search found 2 examples

7 hours ago, todd said:

What kind of misogynistic idiocy is this? I hope you were joking.

Try using a sarcasm filter. As I stated above the guy literally came out and said he didn’t know why she was crying. 

great that you jumped to the rescue though

• Dislike 1

3 minutes ago, BuffaloBills1998 said:

But for one of them to cry and feel uncomfortable tells me that most if not all are not sex workers. 

If, and this is a big IF the reports of the deposition are correct, I am amazed Rusty Hardin, Watson's counsel, would let him say such a thing in a deposition.   Just based on that alone, I would be shocked if the NFL lets Watson play this year.  Fortunately for the NFL, Cleveland is not a critical market

18 minutes ago, BuffaloBills1998 said:

What amazes me was that in the beginning most people that heard it was an unlicensed massage therapist automatically assumed they were whores. 

in reality, as the truth comes to light it would seem that they were just regular people looking to earn some scratch as an unlicensed masseuse. Sure, probably some pros in there but I bet the bulk of complainants were just average women.

4A196D74-BC95-4B25-A433-4B4AFB402CE7.jpeg

1 hour ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

I think context matters with respect to sex workers.  IMO it matters a great deal whether a sex worker is trafficked - and whether someone paying for their services could reasonably assume that they were.  In Watson’s case I doubt that the women involved were, but that’s not to say that he is not guilty of other things.  I’m not getting worked up about him asking masseuses (and non-masseuses) for a HJ, but (allegedly) intentionally exposing himself and moving his body to cause his naughty bits to touch them is definitely way over a line.

My first point above about sex workers is why I have such a huge issue with Robert Kraft and his frequenting of the Florida massage parlor.  It’s common for trafficked women to be forced to work in those places and that’s not exactly a secret.  Even if he could feign ignorance, it was made public that it was indeed the case.  The women there had been lured to the US with the promise of legitimate jobs, then had their passports taken from them, were isolated and forced to work there.  Even after all of that came out he did nothing to help them.  A negligible amount of money for him could have helped them all, including the ones he took advantage of.  You’d think he’d have some small amount decency (yeah, I know).

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

5 minutes ago, BarleyNY said:

I think context matters with respect to sex workers.  IMO it matters a great deal whether a sex worker is trafficked - and whether someone paying for their services could reasonably assume that they were.  In Watson’s case I doubt that the women involved were, but that’s not to say that he is not guilty of other things.  I’m not getting worked up about him asking masseuses (and non-masseuses) for a HJ, but (allegedly) intentionally exposing himself and moving his body to cause his naughty bits to touch them is definitely way over a line.

My first point above about sex workers is why I have such a huge issue with Robert Kraft and his frequenting of the Florida massage parlor.  It’s common for trafficked women to be forced to work in those places and that’s not exactly a secret.  Even if he could feign ignorance, it was made public that it was indeed the case.  The women there had been lured to the US with the promise of legitimate jobs, then had their passports taken from them, were isolated and forced to work there.  Even after all of that came out he did nothing to help them.  A negligible amount of money for him could have helped them all, including the ones he took advantage of.  You’d think he’d have some small amount decency (yeah, I know).

Sex trafficking is an entire new aspect ......far beyond the scope of this board and my expertise.

Also there are some cultural issues involved.  Go to the  Philippines or Thailand and there is little to no stigma to getting paid for sex.

And correct me if I am wrong, neither Kraft or Watson were held criminally liable BUT is there any doubt what Kraft did?  The NFL in yet another act of letting important people off Scot free.  Because of Kraft the NFL might have a legal issue about suspending Watson or at least that is an angle I would play of Watson gets hit hard.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.